Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Sadly I am not, the story is on Liverpools website

Liverpools media section, not direct from the club fortunately.

No smoke without fire, the fact that Robbie Keane will be arriving virtually confirms it will be happening otherwise the Keane signing makes no sense, why we get him and have Keane,Bent,Gabby,Heskey,Fonz and Wiemann. None of the otheres will be leaving there will be no takers for Heskey

We play 1 up front 95% of the time so having 6 strikers makes no sense.

Lerner needs to recoup money and reduce wages, What better way than to sell Bent for £18m and remove his 70k per week wages off the bill

No smoke without fire, the fact that Robbie Keane will be arriving virtually confirms it will be happening otherwise the Keane signing makes no sense, why we get him and have Keane,Bent,Gabby,Heskey,Fonz and Wiemann. None of the otheres will be leaving there will be no takers for Heskey

Lerner needs to recoup money and reduce wages, What better way than to sell Bent for £18m and remove his 70k per week wages off the bill

Keane would play in behind the striker. If anyone it would be Ireland or Heskey in danger.

Also Fonz and Weimann havent done anything yet to warrant a start.

How does it confirm anything?

Keane would play in behind the striker. If anyone it would be Ireland or Heskey in danger.

Nobody will take Heskey or Ireland, do you honestly think Lerner and co will not sell Bent???

This is the same Lerner and co that appointed McLeish against everbodys will. They dont give a **** or have a clue and selling off our biggest asset will not be a problem for them, it will be the latest in along list as we are a mediocre bottom of the league selling club

You are an idiot. That's like claiming we've signed Drogba because our own sites 'gossip' section reports what the papers are saying involving our club ... NOT the actual confirmed news itself

Nobody will take Heskey or Ireland, do you honestly think Lerner and co will not sell Bent???

This is the same Lerner and co that appointed McLeish against everbodys will. They dont give a **** or have a clue and selling off our biggest asset will not be a problem for them, it will be the latest in along list as we are a mediocre bottom of the league selling club

The point I was making is that, leaving Heskey out of it as he should be the target man, Ireland has hardly been a model of consistancy. Why not have Keane as a back up or alternative option for a couple of months.

Hard to be mediocre AND bottom of the league??!!

Do I think we will sell Bent. Not sure. I think it would take a massive fee of £30m ish. If we receive that we would be stupid not to sell him. However I don't think anyone will pay that so he will stay.

Darren Bent was at his superb striking best in training, just as Alex McLeish hoped he would be in the run-up to the FA Cup clash with Bristol Rovers.

Full focus was on Saturday's live third round clash as manager and forward put unfounded speculation behind them to prepare for the Pirates match.

Wild reports have linked Bent with a move away from Villa Park but McLeish firmly dismissed these in his pre-match press conference.

All the boss is bothered about is Bent being at his very best in the second half of the season.

He said: "Benty is a prolific marksman.

"We want him to get the goals in the second half of the season that can propel us up the table and have a good season, hopefully in the FA Cup as well.

"We really need him to play at his best. He got a goal at Chelsea which will have been great for his confidence. However, we never quite managed to make enough chances against Swansea.

"But we need Benty on his top form."

Rather than being a source of irritation, the boss even revealed he has been joking with Bent about the newspaper gossip.

He added: "If there's any interest out there, I'm not aware of any.

"We've heard stories saying this one and that one are going to try and buy him, but if we say he's not for sale then firstly he's not for sale and secondly there's been nobody in contact with us.

"We kid him along. There's banter. 'When are you off?' and that kind of stuff. And he says 'You probably know more than me.' 'And I say 'But, I don't.'

"There's been no contact. And anyway, we wouldn't want to entertain selling him."

avfc.co.uk

"We kid him along. There's banter. 'When are you off?' and that kind of stuff. And he says 'You probably know more than me.' 'And I say 'But, I don't.'

Utter bollocks in my opinion.

Why??

More fun to believe the conspiracy theories that we're going to sell him.

:winkold:

Â