Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Still feel £6m is way too low for a proven English goalscorer. Last year he was a casualty of our formation and the emergence of Benteke. It wasn't as though he was dysfunctional on the pitch (relative to his style of play :) )

well it was nice while it lasted,  which I guess would be the first 12 months he was here.  Bye

Does the club he's gone too begin with a N or F?

Edited by PieFacE

He's actually worth would be £10-12 million. This people saying 4-6 get a grip please. DB can virtually keep a team in the Premiership on his own with his goals. Almost guaranteed 20+ goals if he starts all/most of the matches. It's bad business selling him to one of rivals on the cheap, only for him to be knocking in goals against us next season. The only reason I've not valued him higher is because of his age. There will be plenty of bidders for him so we should hold out for the right price not mug ourselves off just to get him off the wagebill. What happens then if Benteke goes? We're left with an unproven Danish 22 year old.

£4-6 million, have a word. If ever the term don't cut your nose to spike your face applied, it applies here.

Edited by supernova26

He might see working with Pardew again a bonus and I guess Newcastle fans would have no problem with him if he was wearing their shirt. But I think he might want to move down to London as well. What matters for us is that we get near to the right price for him from any source and that we do not seem so desperate to get him out that clubs will think they can get him for peanuts. I would like to think we would value our player in the same way as Liverpool & Spurs do players they are wanting to move on. £6m would be low for me but we might need to get that money in to move on and be able to make our own signings. I think £8m would be nearer his current value and it would still be a big drop in what we paid for him but it seems he no longer fits in with our formation and he was worth the fee we paid Sunderland because his goals did a lot to keep us up when we played him.

That term has never applied, anywhere.

Got a big "lol" from me, have some Internet points.

Whether we're "cutting our nose off to spike our face" or not, Bent simply doesn't fit here. Not now and probably never again. He's what, 30 years old too?

We need to take all we can get. If we hold out for too much and he's still here come September what then? Even less in 6/12 months time? Nothing at all even? He certainly won't be a mainstay in Paul Lamberts Aston Villa and who's your money on to go first?

£6m is £6m. It's fine by me.

• Like 1

Â