Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I've said it before, but you have to build a team around Darren Bent to get the best out of him.  If you do that then he will pop up with 20 goals a season, but you have to accept that your team is carrying him somewhat, especially when they don't have the ball. Lambert doesn't want to play like that so Bent has the same problems here as he had at Spurs.  

I think it is time to sell. We will make a loss, but his goals in 2010/11 kept us in the division and that is where he repaid his transfer fee. 

• Like 2

I can see him going for West Ham, Swansea, West Brom, Fulham or some other mid-table team, I earlier thought if Leicester gets promoted they'd be after him but Leicester-supporting friend told me he isn't someone who Pearson would sign. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Fulham takes him, they need a poacher as they're sorely lacking one and he would probably suit their team.

Is it just me that doesn't rate Kone anyway? Typical highlights player. Wafts around the pitch, scores the odd belter. Offers little by the way of consistent substance, he's this years N'Zogbia.

It's not that I don't like Charlie, but one is enough.

• Like 1

He is better than Hugo Rodallega was, but I agree with your point.

Yeah, but then you're potentially better than Rodellega. I've seen Kone (and Wigan for my sins) a fair bit recently, he's a bit of a passanger. He really wouldn't fit in here at all.

He's absolutely nothing like Bent either, except the passanger bit. The bad bit.

Such a shame that our team no longer suits his playing style. I really like Bent. I was extremely excited when we signed him but now with Benteke, Agbonlahor and Weimann all playing well, there is just no room for him.

Think he'd be perfect at a lot of clubs From United to Arsenal to Everton

Everton is a decent shout, United and Arsenal is laughable though. You need to be more than a poacher to play for those clubs and before anyone says RVN he was a much better player with the ball and outside of the box than Bent.

Have to say I feel sorry for the guy. Hope he finds a club where he can bang in goals and revive his England career.

I think it's a bit late for his England career - he's 30 next season and he's not really played well in a couple of years. Even if he moves in the summer I'd be very surprised to see him reach that sort of level again.

Â