Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

None of the Arsenal team scored against Norwich last weekend.

Sell them all.

That was Norwich's first CS of the season and they were at home nicked a goal and then parked the bus i am sure Arsenal have lost quite a few games like this in the past

They concede an average of 3 goals away from home

Surely a striker of the calibre of Darren Bent can score

He CAN.

But not scoring a goal against a team, whoever the striker is, isn't justification for selling him.

it CAN

When he cost 24 mill pounds with the squad being the shambles it currently is

weak in nearly every department

Can we afford the luxury of having a player like him misfiring?

One man does not make a team

We will need to get the transfer funds from somewhere... i very much doubt Lerner is going to fork out major money in January

it CAN

When he cost 24 mill pounds with the squad being the shambles it currently is

weak in nearly every department

Can we afford the luxury of having a player like him misfiring?

One man does not make a team

We will need to get the transfer funds from somewhere... i very much doubt Lerner is going to fork out major money in January

One can say that forever, that "I would rather have 11 youngsters working their socks off rather than 10 men and 1 primadonna". Typical romantic fan drivel about the oldern days, when football was less professional and salaries were lower. Tell you this; one man can complete a team and one man can be much more important than all the others. For a team battling against relegation, a very good striker is alfa and omega. Without Darren Bent we would score less goals, no matter how the midfield changed and decided to contribute more. We cannot field Weimann or Gabby, someone who maybe runs more during a game, a believe that we now will score 75% more goals and win lots more matches. The fact is that our squad is thin and full of youth and our first team is relegation material given all our difficulties this year and the former.

Darren Bent will be the most important player this season and I think we will see that pretty clearly after 38 games. If he can get 15 goals or so, which is a great return given our horrendous lack of quality/attacking penance, then he could be the difference between a sulky relegation and a hard-fought 15th place in the table. Just writing this makes me realize how far we have gone down the last couple of seasons and how quick it can happen.

Andy never stops trying to make something happen, I think if he puts one away he'll go on a decent run for us. We're at home to a team that we should be well up for beating, I'd like to see us take a chance with three up top with Andy - Benteke - Bent if we're going to keep playing narrow, swap one with Gabby or Mark if we want a little width. At least give the opposition defenders some very different playing styles to handle.

gabby is playing.. hasnt scored in the last 26 premier league games ? would have though he would be better coming off the bench .. or benteke for that matter

never mind, less piss off our only good player to the point that he will with the help of his agent, get a move.

We aren't scoring goals. The problem extends beyond Bent.

Agreed!

The problem is and has been since Barry and Milner left our central midfield. Petrov went from the weakest link to our best midfielder not by improving, but from our team loosing quality, and now he's gone as well...

Â