Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Think it's between Bent and Albrighton as to who'll be sold next Summer.

I think this fun game deserves a thread of its own!

I'll go for..... Delph and N'Zogbia (an outside chance hehe)

:flag:

Im with you there, cant help but feel n'zogbia is a 'double your money investment'

• 3 weeks later...

I think he will struggle to score with the clear lack of service he is getting.. throughout pre season he also had no service at all, I actually feel sorry for him.. imo he will be off in Jan or the summer.

I hope i'm wrong and McLeish sorts it out but I won't hold my breath.. we need proper wingers who can give deliveries into the box, Bent shouldn't be playing with the likes of 33 (nearly 34) year old Heskey.

This clearly needs sorting quickly. I dont want Darren to get pissed with the team after all he has done for us. We did not set up to use him effectively yesterday, if this is the team McLiesh wants to play I seriously doubt our effectiveness of scoring goals.

He must feel a bit of an idiot at the moment. Leaving Sunderland for clearly a sideways move and talking about playing with quality service which has just left for better things.

I would also imagine he's a bit worried about his england place for next summer. I doubt fabio will visit villa park as much and playing in a worse team than last year will not help his confidence or goal scoring.

If he starts to struggle I worry what his attitude will be like come January.

DB's big problem is that we have removed two vital supply lines during the summer. AY for all of those who disliked him, has the second most assists in the Premiership over the last five years, second nly to Fabregas. He is going to take some replacing, and I'm not sure we will find someone who is as good as he was for us.

Bit of a rant...

It's ridiculous and pathetic to the extreme. We get the 20 goal a year guy we have been looking for since Withe. We get him and decide to feed ManU and Liverpool with the ammunition he needs to get the 20 goals.

Anyone see how Downing and Young did over the weekend ? They did rather well, what a surprise.

/Rant over.

We get him and decide to feed ManU and Liverpool with the ammunition he needs to get the 20 goals.

Rant reply - not sure it was our decision! :(

Whilst I am not particularly happy with RL and Fatty Faulkner on a number of fronts, even I don't think we can blame them for this.

Bit of a rant...

It's ridiculous and pathetic to the extreme. We get the 20 goal a year guy we have been looking for since Withe. We get him and decide to feed ManU and Liverpool with the ammunition he needs to get the 20 goals.

Anyone see how Downing and Young did over the weekend ? They did rather well, what a surprise.

/Rant over.

Ash was good!!

Downing - great run and shot - otherwise annonymous.

Being chosen to captain Villa against Derby was a massive moment. It is always nice to lead the team and skipper any side but to be captain of a huge club like Villa was incredible. Even though it was just a pre-season friendly it was still a true honour. I got to feel the buzz that Stan gets to experience every week. Hopefully I will get a chance to be captain again sometime in the future. I'd love that. If the opportunity came up in the future, I'd jump at the chance. I was full-time captain at Charlton for seven months and I loved every minute of it. People always ask players 'what sort of skipper are you?' I am a 'lead by example' captain. I am a not a shouter. There's no point bawling at everyone. Stan's a brilliant captain. He talks to the younger lads and he talks to the older pros. He's superb. He's a really, really good captain. Villa have had some superb captains over the years. Looking back, Villa have had Olof Mellberg, Gareth Barry, Gareth Southgate, European Cup skipper Dennis Mortimer and Johnny Dixon who lifted the FA Cup. If the chance came around again, even for one game like Derby, I'd be delighted. To captain this great football club was amazing!

DB for captain!

(Not really.. but he says some nice things)

Â