Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

N'Zogbia and Bent need to be working together a lot in training to get on the same wave length, was disappointing today seeing them not quite click. Looks to be something fixable though. Id also be telling Charles to not come in so close to Bent, he was a little to central today and didn't allow either player to run in behind (and also meant Bent was chasing balls in the channels when he should be waiting for the cross)

Strange thing, Sunderland have bent who is their goalscorer and sell him to a team who have better creative players, Bent looks incredible so it gets to the summer and Sunderland use that money to buy quality creative players but cannot score as they sold their best striker and thus miss the goalscorer they had whilst Villa now sell their creative players and are stuck with a problem of finding it hard to create.

and the strangest thing is that we used to have lots of creativity but no goalscorer.

now we have the goalscorer but no creative players.

we are sunderland in reverse :winkold:

Remember saying many a time last season: i dont think this guy should escape criticism after a poor game just because of a lack of service.

At 20m, he needs to forget about being frustrated and go and get himself into the game.

Remember saying many a time last season: i dont think this guy should escape criticism after a poor game just because of a lack of service.

At 20m, he needs to forget about being frustrated and go and get himself into the game.

which is something i think he did very well today...

his hold up play was great and he made himself available out wide which granted isnt where you want him to be but bugger all was coming through the middle.

which is something i think he did very well today...

his hold up play was great and he made himself available out wide which granted isnt where you want him to be but bugger all was coming through the middle.

Exactly he even put crosses into the box.

I believe the team wasn't setup to help Bent in the first place, yes we have lost Downing/Ash but I felt the team was unbalanced and was never going to supply Bent with the service imo.

Firstly, Bent has scored 1 in 3 this season - which is about par for his scoring rate is it not?

Secondly, I think Bent himself is just a bit unsure of where the ball is coming from so he is not making the runs that he was last year. I reckon he had a fair idea what Young or Downing would do and made the appropriate move, but he currently had Gabby on one side, who is not much of a passer, and N'Zogbia who is still a bit of an unknown quantity in terms of knowing where he's going to put it.

If anything, Petrov & Delph should be pushing up and slotting balls through the defence for him, but this is not happening enough - although funnily enough Bent scored from one such ball last match.

If anything, Petrov & Delph should be pushing up and slotting balls through the defence for him, but this is not happening enough - although funnily enough Bent scored from one such ball last match.

If that was one of Petrov's through balls he is as shit as everyone thinks!

I can't see him putting up with this lack of service for too much longer.

He will want out in January.

I absolutely agree for me the clock is ticking for his departure now. Soon the fans will start saying "what the f does Bent do? He has been shocking this season" then we'll try and convince ourselves he is crap and we could do so much better.

He is a goal machine straight and simple, create the chances he will (9 times out of ten) put them away. Do not create the chances and he looks redundant. Trouble is that when he does then get the odd scrap the odd sniff of a chance the pressure will be on to convert 9 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 and no striker is that good, especially when rusty. Another vicious circle.

Best striker we have had in 30 years for me but then we take away the one thing he needs to do his job. Brilliant

He'll want off and I do not subscribe to the view that there aren't many clubs he could go to. There are clubs that will come in for him

So Richard what happens when he's got 4 years left on his contract and no-one will be over £20m? Which club in the top six can afford that and need Bent? I can't think of one.

Not to mention he just moved into his new house just last week, this was agreed after Young and Downing had left.

Liverpool could easily afford Bent with the amount of money they've been spending and I wouldn't blame Bent to jump ship so he can get service from Downing and a club that's willing to be respectful. I'm sure Randy's eyes will light up $_$ whenLiverpool offer him a amount he can't refuse like it happens with every player we sell under him and we would be lucky to see 25% of the money reinvested into the squad.

Oh, and expect kids to be sold next season if any of them come good. Randy loves bringing us down so he can get his hands on $$$$$$.

He may want out, but he might be stuck.

Once Randy sees precious, he will grab it.

I bet that was in the back of his mind when he bought him. Not as a team asset, but i financial one that he can chip in when he desires, and proberly make a little profit on top.

If the right offer comes in, he will be off.

OnlyOne why would Liverpool sign him when they have Carroll and Suarez? As for the rest of it :lol:

Have they got a poacher? I don't think they have. Can you just imagine players like Suarez and Downing feeding him balls? It would be a question on how many goals they score.

They seem to be better without Carroll tbh.

Â