Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He's not that great a finisher. He's missed more than his fair share of sitters.

His record throughout his career shows he's a top finisher. 

Think I'd agree to disagree on this one. His strength is being in the right place at the right time which I'm sure his stats are very good for. Once he has found his opportunity, I think he is somewhat profligate. Not sure how you'd define a stat based on sitters missed though as it's a bit subjective but if such a stat did exist, my feeling is that his stats for converting clear cut chances would not be anywhere near as high as his stat for creating clear cut chances for himself.

What a very strange way to look at it. A goal scoring record is based on what it says - goals scored.

I think it's spot on - he's no better a finisher than Gabby, but he'd got really good instinctive movement in the box - he'd find pockets of space and he'd anticipate things very well - but his finishing isn't special in my opinion - his ability to sniff out a chance and be in the right place was what made him a useful player.

And score goals - hence his goal scoring record.

He's not that great a finisher. He's missed more than his fair share of sitters.

Think I'd agree to disagree on this one. His strength is being in the right place at the right time which I'm sure his stats are very good for. Once he has found his opportunity, I think he is somewhat profligate. Not sure how you'd define a stat based on sitters missed though as it's a bit subjective but if such a stat did exist, my feeling is that his stats for converting clear cut chances would not be anywhere near as high as his stat for creating clear cut chances for himself.

What a very strange way to look at it. A goal scoring record is based on what it says - goals scored.

I think it's spot on - he's no better a finisher than Gabby, but he'd got really good instinctive movement in the box - he'd find pockets of space and he'd anticipate things very well - but his finishing isn't special in my opinion - his ability to sniff out a chance and be in the right place was what made him a useful player.

Which doesn't necessarily mean he's a top finisher, or even a great one. But the goals count, of course. The thing is I think he's lost his drive to egt into those scoring positions and just walk around on the pitch without any real interest. I believe he's finished.

Which doesn't necessarily mean he's a top finisher, or even a great one. But the goals count, of course. The thing is I think he's lost his drive to egt into those scoring positions and just walk around on the pitch without any real interest. I believe he's finished.

Me too.

Not just finished, but stealing £4m a year.

Me too.

Not just finished, but stealing £4m a year.

I doubt he is on that much.

He is a much better finisher than Gabby

• Like 1

I've been one of those who've defended Bent during the summer. However, he looked awful in pre season. Overweight, slow, disinterested. He won't save us until Benteke is back, as I hoped he would.

Edited by AVTuco

I just don't get the hate at all.  Is it to justify the decision of the manager to keep him out?

Nzogbia and hutton have shown they will be useful this year so maybe Bent can offer something as well.  We're hardly blessed with a team of goal scorers are we?

• Like 1

Wow, the guy hasn't played a minute of the new season yet and you lot are dishing out the hate, give the guy a chance

He can't be any worse in front of goal than gabby right now.

He'd have most probably made a better job yesterday with that fluffed chance that Gabby had.

Wow, the guy hasn't played a minute of the new season yet and you lot are dishing out the hate, give the guy a chance

He can't be any worse in front of goal than gabby right now.

He'd have most probably made a better job yesterday with that fluffed chance that Gabby had.

I doubt his fat ass would have caught up with play in time to be there.

Â