Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Or it might in the eyes of the powers that be go some way to cover our expenditure in this window?

As much as we'd all like some more new signings, I think this looking more and more likely

We'll see soon on that wont we.

So far this is playing out as predicted when we were making the signings . We would sign some, then shift some out and then make more signings so let's see how it plays out this month

He gave us a good couple of seasons and probably kept us from dropping into the Championship, but he's no longer of any real use to us so £5m from Fulham sounds great. I wish him the best.

I don't know how you work that one out! Have gave us a good half season then a decent half season (I only say decent because he had to find a way to score in an Alex Mcleish team) then got injured for the rest of that season, then had his place taken by a younger, BETTER, hungrier player.   The fact is he has not given us value for money. He lost his place to a better player and if he couldn't or wouldn't adapt his role to play in a wide position then he can only blame himself. We all saw how frail the team looked with both Bent and Benteke, we simply didn't have the quality in midfield to accommdate that partnership.

Lambert made the right call on Bent, FOR FOOTBALLING REASONS, a falling out didn't happen until Bent found himself on the bench and kicked up a stink!

• Like 1

I actually think Fulham could be ideal for Bent. Tidy little club, not stuffed with talent, but a decent footballing side that complement each others strengths.

Not forgetting its darn sarf as well....right up his street.

• Like 2

Now lets watch as Bent moans about not getting his money due.

He hasn't asked for a transfer so we probably owe him about 2mill in wages.

As long as he is gone and his wages are off our books thats the most important thing. We could sign a couple of players and pay then half each from what he gets a week!

Full article

Sky sources understand that Fulham have made an improved offer for Aston Villa striker Darren Bent.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol is desperate to land a striker who will take some of the pressure off last season's leading scorer Dimitar Berbatov.

Bent was reportedly the subject of a £4m bid from Fulham last month, which was rejected by Villa, but they are believed to have made an improved offer of around £5m.

Newcastle were also linked with the 29-year-old but their interested has cooled, with Alan Pardew linked with a move for QPR's Loic Remy.

Bent was a peripheral figure for Aston Villa last season, mainly due to the impact made by Christian Benteke, and they have further strengthened their attacking options this summer.

Bent cost Villa a club-record £18m - rising to £24m - when they signed him from Sunderland in 2011. He has two years remaining on his contract at Villa Park.

He gave us a good couple of seasons and probably kept us from dropping into the Championship, but he's no longer of any real use to us so £5m from Fulham sounds great. I wish him the best.

I don't know how you work that one out! Have gave us a good half season then a decent half season (I only say decent because he had to find a way to score in an Alex Mcleish team) then got injured for the rest of that season, then had his place taken by a younger, BETTER, hungrier player.   The fact is he has not given us value for money. He lost his place to a better player and if he couldn't or wouldn't adapt his role to play in a wide position then he can only blame himself. We all saw how frail the team looked with both Bent and Benteke, we simply didn't have the quality in midfield to accommdate that partnership.

Lambert made the right call on Bent, FOR FOOTBALLING REASONS, a falling out didn't happen until Bent found himself on the bench and kicked up a stink!

Not really sure why you're making such a fuss about my comment. I don't recall saying that Lambert made the wrong call on Bent, I agree with dropping him.

HE was good at the time, now we have metamorphed in to something that does'nt fit with him.

It's no ones fault, just football.

Lets be gracious wish him well and that's the end of that.

Ps If we are to start moving up the league, the supporters need to star showing a bit more professionalism too....Villa fans of yesteryear always had a reputation of being fair and knowledgable, lets retain that status and be known for being respectful to ex players. We are much too big to be spiteful and resentful.

• Like 2

Now lets watch as Bent moans about not getting his money due.

He hasn't asked for a transfer so we probably owe him about 2mill in wages.

As long as he is gone and his wages are off our books thats the most important thing. We could sign a couple of players and pay then half each from what he gets a week!

Eh, owe him wages? He gets a cut of the signing fee doesn't he and that's all.

Â