Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

The way this is going, I can see Bent signing for a Turkish team.

No one in the Prem appears to want to match his wages regardless of the incredibly low (reported) transfer fee of £5m.

If Bent wants to leave he should lower his expectations on wages and go (good luck to him too), if he doesn't want to leave he should prove to the manager he's more than a poacher.

If there have been no offers for Bent then a loan with his wages paid in full might be the next best thing but like Trent i'm hoping its absolute rubbish.

While the manager has been superb in keeping Benteke (i hope as the window hasn't closed yet) he has devalued Bent by ostracising him from the squad. Other clubs know we're desperate to sell and will either bid very low for him now or wait and do the same just before the window closes.

I understand why people think PL has devalued Bent, but I think any effect will be minimal. Bent is 29(I think) and is paid a huge amount. Any team buying him would factor this in, as Bent has 2 years left on his contract. David Villa went for a low fee because of wages. Another example of player power - the higher the wage, the lower the fee.

Probably the same with Benteke and Spuds; we have a high value because of wages: they would have to pay the higher wage so valued him lower.

What do you reckon the chances are - if we can't sell him - he might end up at a club like Melbourne Heart?

We (Heart) are looking for a marquee striker and his name was been linked a couple of months back. I think Heart could offer about $2mill fee max though..?

What do you reckon the chances are - if we can't sell him - he might end up at a club like Melbourne Heart?

We (Heart) are looking for a marquee striker and his name was been linked a couple of months back. I think Heart could offer about $2mill fee max though..?

LOL, I like Melbourne Heart, great fans who create a good atmosphere but do you think Heart would have the money to pay him around $130,000 per week?

Not going to happen although if he travelled to Melbourne he might find it's a great place to live for him and his family.

I understand why people think PL has devalued Bent, but I think any effect will be minimal. Bent is 29(I think) and is paid a huge amount. Any team buying him would factor this in, as Bent has 2 years left on his contract. David Villa went for a low fee because of wages. Another example of player power - the higher the wage, the lower the fee.

Probably the same with Benteke and Spuds; we have a high value because of wages: they would have to pay the higher wage so valued him lower.

The only person responsible for de-valuing darren bent is darren bent. So PL should have compromised everything he was trying to instill into his team by playing him just to keep his price tag as high as possible??

I was at wigan last game of the season and I thought bent looked really good....very sharp and eager. Shame he couldn't do it earlier in the season.

LOL, I like Melbourne Heart, great fans who create a good atmosphere but do you think Heart would have the money to pay him around $130,000 per week?

Not going to happen although if he travelled to Melbourne he might find it's a great place to live for him and his family.

There is literally no way in hell he's on $130k surely???

I know it's a bit of a stretch though. Very wishful thinking. FFA would foot a lot of the bill though, and I really do hunk it's doable.

My favourite Darren Bent memory from his short time with the club is when he scored that double at the Emirates. one of the most impressive performances from a player in a claret and blue shirt.

One of the goals was a great great touch and finish. Unfortunately time moves on and Benteke is head and shoulders better than him and he's too expensive to keep as a bench warmer. He may not even get on the bench

....somehow I can't see Liam Ridgewell allowing his kids to move that far away from him.....

• Like 1

What do you reckon the chances are he might end up at a club like Melbourne Heart?

Good chance probably, but not this time around. No Premiership player under about 37 signs for an Australian club :)

I believe Emile, the greatest star in history of Australian football and left the Premier League younger than 37 ;)

I believe Bent will leave on the last day of the transfer window, clubs will want him because he is a goalscorer - that is his game, therefore he wont need a great deal of time to settle in with team mates (ie pre-season).

because of the wages he is on here, other clubs can wait till the last day and save themselves a good wedge knowing he can slot straight into the team.

I believe Emile, the greatest star in history of Australian football and left the Premier League younger than 37 ;)

He's actually been exceptionally average, given his pedigree. But I'm not surprised haha.

The A-League is is better than you think though. Skills aren't great, but it's extremely physical. Kewell, Heskey, Del Piero, Shinji Ono, Emerton all running around just to name a few.

Anyway, Darren Bent. It's a shame circumstances weren't different. He could've been a bit of a hero at the Villa under the right conditions.

Anyway, Darren Bent. It's a shame circumstances weren't different. He could've been a bit of a hero at the Villa under the right conditions.

He was a hero at Villa. He played a massive part in keeping us in the Premier League and was undoubtedly our "star player" for a time. But we've moved on, we've evolved and now it's time for DB to move on as well.

• Like 1

Remember when the media were absolutely slating PL for not playing Bent? The man knows what he's doing, and figured out rather quick that Bent did not fit in to his plans and I'm glad he did. Though I do feel kind of bad for Darren, but if he gets his move, I hope he bangs them in as he's most likely to do and starts up front for England in the World Cup.

Â