James Collins

AngelGabriel

yep very lucky to get 2.5m back for him - he'll be reasonably solid for 88-89 mins but he's awalking accident, stick him with the other 3 walking accidents (and... dare I say it a Keeper who doesn't command his area enough) and that's why our defence last season was the worst I've ever seen.

To sell him for £2.5m is an absolute steal. I always thought he was the weakest link in our defense, he could throw himself in the way of shots but his positioning was so poor and he was prone to committing a lot of simple mistakes. The constant hoofing was excrutiating, but that's what limited footballers do.

I'm sure he'll thrive under Big Sam, he'll be able to hoof it all day long.

• 2 weeks later...
Saw JC tonight at the Selly Farm pub smashing the beers. Some things never change.

Why shouldn't he? It's not like there's a new season starting in the next few days. :winkold:

More than likely WHU have training tomorrow morning I would have thought as well.... and presumably it's not being held near Solihull.

• 6 years later...

Probably worth its own thread now. Apaprently on trail for two weeks being widely reported.

Collins was decent for us at premier league level. 35 though. Could be a good stop gap until janaury.

Makes me wonder why we didn't keep samba though as he was 32 and wasn't too bad.

• Like 1

Â