Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

I haven't voted because I think he's here whatever we think. The only way he's getting sacked is if we get relegated this season.

That said, just a thought, but what is the point of sacking him in the summer. We'd only take all of the close season to select another Manager (can't see us tapping someone up). Wasting away valuable buying time yet again. Therefore, why not sack him the minute we are safe? Unless of course it goes down to the wire, why I don't think it will. I genuinely think he's here for the next three or four years though and will end up moving upstairs.

I must be honest, I've said before that I can't wait until this season is over, what a waste, but I think he's changing things and playing better football. We can't defend, we miss simple chances. Change that in the summer and I think GH will change people's minds.

Since you think very similarly to me, I can unequivocally state that you are brilliant.

I don't really care what defensive system we did play and what defensive system we play now and what defensive system Houllier wants to play next year. The fact is that Houllier has had long enough to get this defence playing much much better than it has been playing. If he really can't make this defence play any better than it has been playing during the season then I think that makes him an incredibly limited manager.

I don't really care what defensive system we did play and what defensive system we play now and what defensive system Houllier wants to play next year. The fact is that Houllier has had long enough to get this defence playing much much better than it has been playing. If he really can't make this defence play any better than it has been playing during the season then I think that makes him an incredibly limited manager.

SV-not having a pop at you mate. But what suprises me is that people appear to love Kyle Walker and yet he is part of THAT defence. People seem to love Clark and yet he is part of THAT defence.

My own thoughts are that we are desperate for a more dominant keeper. Great though Big Brad has been, he's a year past his best. I genuinely think that Villa would be stronger defensively if Brad wasn't in behind them. Dunne and Collins have also been pretty unspectacular too to be fair. GH will improve them in the summer, he has to.

I can't wait till next season, just so damn excited about what Houllier will do for us. Things have looked good already, we have just been unlucky with final results. Can't wait till it picks up though. And then we have the excitement of who's coming, who's going? Gonna be a brilliant summer...

I spend a good portion of my day thinking about all things Villa.

I love Aston Villa!!!! No matter what...

:shock: Are you on drugs? Namely, happy pills.

As things are looking now I'm leaning towards letting him stay and giving him the summer to make his changes. I've still got big doubts about him but I think the way we've been playing recently gives me reason to be a bit optimistic.

Having said that results must start to go our way if he is to stay.

Nope... I'm just pissed off with all the negativity so I thought I would change that a bit... Can't we all stop whinging and just get through this season?! I will whinge of we get relegated without doubt. But until then, I will support the team and hope we stay up. If we go down, I will have a lil bitch, and then I will get behind the team, and watch us go back up... Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch Chelsea hopefully thrash Blackpool!!

SV-not having a pop at you mate. But what suprises me is that people appear to love Kyle Walker and yet he is part of THAT defence. People seem to love Clark and yet he is part of THAT defence.

My own thoughts are that we are desperate for a more dominant keeper. Great though Big Brad has been, he's a year past his best. I genuinely think that Villa would be stronger defensively if Brad wasn't in behind them. Dunne and Collins have also been pretty unspectacular too to be fair. GH will improve them in the summer, he has to.

Well you're certainly not having a pop at me as I've not said those things. I think Walker shows promise of being pretty good, but I'm not sure he's the player our back 4 needs right now. Clark is also more potential than anything else right now. Potential is great, but it doesn't stop our back 4 letting in goals.

Get Fat Sam to repcae him for now. he'd have this team playing with more fight and passion than this old fool has them playing. and atleast he might have the brains to bring in the proper coaching staff. unlike GMAC and Sid.

Jesus not this again, Fat Sam should be no where near VP.

If we had him we'd be doing better than we are now, GH should be no where near Villa park either. useless crap manager like him.

Then when Fat Sam is shit on to the next one that you'll want.

You do understand that things take time?

Well obviously you dont because you wanted O'Neill out after a few months as well.

Laughable.

How long does it take
About a season in the championship.

well that would please you then. you could say you told us so and how fantastic you are. i will choose to put my energy into actually supporting the team. its obvious you hat GH more than you support the villa. you even blamed him on the FxPro problems. laughable, childish and slightly moronic. grow up.

I think if we stay up, he should be given a full summer to do his thing in the transfer market, and a have a full pre season of training and games to get the team prepared for next season. That's when he'll need to prove his true value to the club.

I hope we spend this entire month practicising set pieces and defending the ****..

We do that now, in fact we spend almost the entire training programme defending set pieces problem is Young takes them all. Dunne was only out the other day with a bad shoulder and neck as he's always looking skywards as the ball goes well over his head and out again.

I don't think our football is effective.

I don't think tactically he gets the best out of our players and the team as a whole.

Our spirit seems low, we can't hold onto leads and rarely come from behind to get anything

I don't think a good manager should come into a team that's gained it's highest points total in years and have to spend a fortune replacing lots of players.

I have no doubt houllier will probably sign some good players in the summer but i think his personality, managerial style and decision making will mean we won't see the best of them.

I really don't see the faith around him and i can't see him making us serious challengers for 4th.

Liverpool finished below us last season and IMO had a worse squad than we did. Benitez went and in came Hodgson, a man that some fans clearly didn't want. They started the season badly and limped along until the early part of this year when they sacked Hodgson and appointed Dalglish, someone who has not managed for years. Amazingly Liverpool have had an upsurge in fortunes and are doing very well thank you with not too many additions to the squad.

Villa meanwhile appointed Houllier in September, another manager that some fans clearly didn't want. Our season started badly and we have limped along ever since. No upsurge just constant disappointment and a fight against relegation.

C'est la vie.

Our spirit seems low, we can't hold onto leads and rarely come from behind to get anything.
I don't think the spirit's low - we just always score first. I dunno why that is but I would've thought if the spirit was low we'd hardly score at all.

I can't wait till next season, just so damn excited about what Houllier will do for us. Things have looked good already, we have just been unlucky with final results. Can't wait till it picks up though. And then we have the excitement of who's coming, who's going? Gonna be a brilliant summer...

I spend a good portion of my day thinking about all things Villa.

I love Aston Villa!!!! No matter what...

I agree with this.

We have been incredibly unlucky this season, problems off the field (which appear to be rectified), barely had a settled defence, tons of injurys etc...

I think next season we will have a belter, when GH has more time to stamp his more cultured approach to football on the squad and get some more of his own players in.

To get rid of him now is stupid, and also i think it will be wasted to get rid of him in the summer too.

If we have another shit year next then sack him in the summer. But at least give a manager a pre-season ffs.

and Fat Sam :crylaugh: I'm so glad some people have nothing to do with Villa other than moan.

I want him to stay..he has been a huge success at evry club he has been at and i think he will be here aswell..what he did at liverpool really pissed me off and at the time i wanted him sacked..but i have changed my mind and i want him to stay..in Randy i trust!

Â