Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

Houllier has had ages to fix that and now his recently said that zonal marking isn't working. Well that was obvious months ago.

Why is it he can't be bothered to fix it now? His basically got a whole month to sort it out seeing as we've only got Wolves at home (which isn't too bad) with no other games to play at March. Surely he should be doing his very best to fix it right now instead of going "nah, we'll way until pre-season" when teams below us are picking up points making it harder for us to stay in the league.

He has noticed it, If I remember correctly MM said we will go away from Zonal Marking in the summer.. so whilst Houllier has come and said it just this week (or confirmed it if you like) that he will change things in the summer and not straight away, MM had already told this before.

Why he is waiting for the summer, who knows. But they knew about this situation in Feb because that's around the time MM told us about it.

Why he is waiting for the summer, who knows. But they knew about this situation in Feb because that's around the time MM told us about it.

What's worse not noticing something that is not working and costing us points? Or noticing it and deciding to do nothing about it and continue to see it cost us?

maybe hasnt got the players to achieve it

Houllier has had ages to fix that and now his recently said that zonal marking isn't working. Well that was obvious months ago.

Why is it he can't be bothered to fix it now? His basically got a whole month to sort it out seeing as we've only got Wolves at home (which isn't too bad) with no other games to play at March. Surely he should be doing his very best to fix it right now instead of going "nah, we'll way until pre-season" when teams below us are picking up points making it harder for us to stay in the league.

He has noticed it, If I remember correctly MM said we will go away from Zonal Marking in the summer.. so whilst Houllier has come and said it just this week (or confirmed it if you like) that he will change things in the summer and not straight away, MM had already told this before.

I think this is the thing that gets my back up. If he knows the problems, then surely he should be working on fixing them as a matter of urgency rather than just seeing how long we can away with them for.

Our defence has been shocking this year and thats no surprise given the fact we (apparently) dedicate no time to set piece training and employ a ridiculous zonal marking system. This is where I think we need to invest heavily in the summer. I would like to think that this is one of our priorities including a goalkeeper.

Ged is a pull in the transfer market, and I think thats the only reason he's actually here. Im quite apathetic at the minute as to his worth. Obviously he needs to be told to shut up during press conferences aswell to keep the fans off his back.

And you don't think there's anything wrong with that situation?

Something is wrong, but instead of fixing it, I'll tell everyone its the previous managers fault and wait until he summer, even though we've ONLY GOT ONE GAME THIS MONTH, thanks to same managers waving of the white flag against Citeh

I hope we spend this entire month practicising set pieces and defending the ****. Hire the Stoke squad to bombard us for 30 days and we'll soon see the improvement. We can teach them how to actually kick the football in return.

Get Fat Sam to repcae him for now. he'd have this team playing with more fight and passion than this old fool has them playing. and atleast he might have the brains to bring in the proper coaching staff. unlike GMAC and Sid.

Jesus not this again, Fat Sam should be no where near VP.

If we had him we'd be doing better than we are now, GH should be no where near Villa park either. useless crap manager like him.

Then when Fat Sam is shit on to the next one that you'll want.

You do understand that things take time?

Well obviously you dont because you wanted O'Neill out after a few months as well.

Laughable.

First of all there is alot of "assuming" go on with posts.. we are letting goals in rapidly and yes it is shocking our defence is so poor... but I by no means did not say I think there is nothing wrong with the situation, I was just merely pointing out that MM had told us this before, last month infact. That was the purpose of my post to state that MM had told us this before in Feb and Houllier confirmed it this week (for the doubters of MM out there), so they knew about the situation. My opinion on the matter is not stated in the post so please don't make out like I did.

Get Fat Sam to repcae him for now. he'd have this team playing with more fight and passion than this old fool has them playing. and atleast he might have the brains to bring in the proper coaching staff. unlike GMAC and Sid.

If we had him we'd be doing better than we are now, GH should be no where near Villa park either. useless crap manager like him.

Well obviously you dont because you wanted O'Neill out after a few months as well.

Laughable.

Haha, says your man. things take time alright, but we dont have a good enough manager either way.

Laughable.

How long does it take to stop defenders zonal marking IF you have identified it is a problem?

He has to go but still can't decide to go now or in the summer. although must say I would be some what delighted if he does go now. What's good to a manager who cannot fix something which is terribly wrong, so wrong it probably won't be worsen if something changes now.

Laughable.

How long does it take
About a season in the championship.

I haven't voted because I think he's here whatever we think. The only way he's getting sacked is if we get relegated this season.

That said, just a thought, but what is the point of sacking him in the summer. We'd only take all of the close season to select another Manager (can't see us tapping someone up). Wasting away valuable buying time yet again. Therefore, why not sack him the minute we are safe? Unless of course it goes down to the wire, why I don't think it will. I genuinely think he's here for the next three or four years though and will end up moving upstairs.

I must be honest, I've said before that I can't wait until this season is over, what a waste, but I think he's changing things and playing better football. We can't defend, we miss simple chances. Change that in the summer and I think GH will change people's minds.

I can't wait till next season, just so damn excited about what Houllier will do for us. Things have looked good already, we have just been unlucky with final results. Can't wait till it picks up though. And then we have the excitement of who's coming, who's going? Gonna be a brilliant summer...

I spend a good portion of my day thinking about all things Villa.

I love Aston Villa!!!! No matter what...

Â