Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

Lerner isn't stupid he knows Houllier will need to build his own squad - MON had 4 or 5 years to get CL qualification, and failed to do it after the amount being spent on his players.

The other thing Randy will be calculating on, is he knows that once the season is over, the long summer will make people less angry. And whats the best way to get people backing Houllier again?

Yep, a couple of decent signings.

I want a manager who has some passion for the club and who doesn't constantly appear to be treating managing the club as some sort of academic exercise that he only feels partly engaged with and responsible for.

So it's go at the end of the season for me and try to recruit one of the many ambitious and energetic younger managers around who could take us forward.

I think the board , if they are going to get rid at all, will wait until the summer to do so anyway.

I hope we do not look back and think if only we'd have got rid in March while we still had a chance.

For me go and go now.

I want a manager who has some passion for the club and who doesn't constantly appear to be treating managing the club as some sort of academic exercise that he only feels partly engaged with and responsible for.

So it's go at the end of the season for me and try to recruit one of the many ambitious and energetic younger managers around who could take us forward.

Same here. I want a manager who'll click at Villa straight away. I think that guy would be Coyle. He works next to no budget at Bolton and still gets them to play fantastic football with good results. He could easily bring Cahill back here as well.

His gonna be a top manager in years to come and I feel as those we're gonna lose out.

I voted for the end of the season. I don't think we'll finish top 10 and that's terrible given the resources that's been handed to him. The board has backed him and gave him a very generous 30m, yet there's still no signs of us moving anywhere fast.

There's also the fact he'll repeat what he did against Man City (said so himself) if he were to challenge for something in the league next season. Top 10 next possibly, big wow.

But I feel as those he should stay at the end because it's too late to be messing around now. He would really have to screw up big time to send us down.

30 million? 18m on Bent, 4.1m on Makoun, plus minor loan fee to Spurs, that clearly is 30m!

For me - stay. Sacking him now is suicide, anyone who thinks having 4 gaffers in a season is the key to success is clearly tapped in the head/a Newcastle fan. Sacking him in the summer is an option but I want to keep him for now, I think over time this wil be a good appointment. He does need to improve results however.

Should go now, he's causing more damage by staying and I fear he'll take us down, should never have got the job in the first place as he's to old and past it. A useless manager.

With nine games left, who could we get to replace him, and how will the squad react to that person?

Sorry, but as much as i want a new gaffer, doing that now is riskier than leaving him there till the end of the season.

Get Fat Sam to repcae him for now. he'd have this team playing with more fight and passion than this old fool has them playing. and atleast he might have the brains to bring in the proper coaching staff. unlike GMAC and Sid.

I voted for the end of the season. I don't think we'll finish top 10 and that's terrible given the resources that's been handed to him. The board has backed him and gave him a very generous 30m, yet there's still no signs of us moving anywhere fast.

There's also the fact he'll repeat what he did against Man City (said so himself) if he were to challenge for something in the league next season. Top 10 next possibly, big wow.

But I feel as those he should stay at the end because it's too late to be messing around now. He would really have to screw up big time to send us down.

30 million? 18m on Bent, 4.1m on Makoun, plus minor loan fee to Spurs, that clearly is 30m!

For me - stay. Sacking him now is suicide, anyone who thinks having 4 gaffers in a season is the key to success is clearly tapped in the head/a Newcastle fan. Sacking him in the summer is an option but I want to keep him for now, I think over time this wil be a good appointment. He does need to improve results however.

Isn't Bent gonna cost up to 24m though? That's how much we agreed on. I thought Makoun was abit more expensive than that? That's a good bargin. Could be a one off though.

Get Fat Sam to repcae him for now. he'd have this team playing with more fight and passion than this old fool has them playing. and atleast he might have the brains to bring in the proper coaching staff. unlike GMAC and Sid.

Jesus not this again, Fat Sam should be no where near VP.

Should go now, he's causing more damage by staying and I fear he'll take us down, should never have got the job in the first place as he's to old and past it. A useless manager.

With nine games left, who could we get to replace him, and how will the squad react to that person?

Sorry, but as much as i want a new gaffer, doing that now is riskier than leaving him there till the end of the season.

No no, not fat sam. Poor man MON.

Wait until summer and hopefully get Coyle.

If we had him we'd be doing better than we are now, GH should be no where near Villa park either. useless crap manager like him.

I vote stay, I want to see what he can do once he's had a full pre season and assembles a squad he's fully happy with. We've shown flashes of brilliance at times this season and I strongly believe that we'll see much better results next season.

One thing I don't like is the over indulgence of Ashley Young (not the only guilty manager though). Get him off freekicks and corners and we could get some where.

If we had him we'd be doing better than we are now, GH should be no where near Villa park either. useless crap manager like him.
Probably, but Houllier has more long-term potential. It's not passion or fight that we're missing either - it's a decent defence.

Fat Sam?

No way. His glass ceiling is considerably lower than MON's was, and we'll have to watch awful football.

If Houllier goes then fine. but if he's replaced with Fat Sam I'll be angry.

Probably, but Houllier has more long-term potential. It's not passion or fight that we're missing either - it's a decent defence.

Houllier has had ages to fix that and now his recently said that zonal marking isn't working. Well that was obvious months ago.

Why is it he can't be bothered to fix it now? His basically got a whole month to sort it out seeing as we've only got Wolves at home (which isn't too bad) with no other games to play at March. Surely he should be doing his very best to fix it right now instead of going "nah, we'll way until pre-season" when teams below us are picking up points making it harder for us to stay in the league.

He wont be sacked now so technically a pointless poll :P.

Would be worst time to fire him as imo would be guaranteed relegation with KMAC in charge

I tihnk we would struggle if anyone took over really. As I said. You have to be a Bluenose/Newcastle fan/Mentally deranged to consider sacking Houllier now, whether you like him or not. 4 managers in a season is not the way to go.

Â