Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

I'm changing my mind with the hours on this one, but for now it's "stay". He's far from a perfect manager for us, but I think he can do well with a whole summer behind him. But we really need to stay up and he has us flirting with relegation.

I have seen some really poor managers at this club in my lifetime, the likes of Mcneil, Venglos, GTMK2, DOL, Turner but for me taking everything together Houllier is the worst of them all

A record similar to Mcneil but and the motivation skills / PR ability worse than O'Dreary. Houllier has an ability to talk this club down and which Odreary could never hope to match

Why would I want someone managing the club any longer with those attributes so for me go now please

I voted for him to stay, no point sacking him now and I would like to see what he can do with a full pre-season with the squad.

This. Some faith and some time is needed. I think he will do us very well the summer and a presason.

You see, I think this, but then I think about the proposition of having another season like this one.... :cry:

Fair enough if people want to talk about whether they want Houllier to stay or go, that's the point of a discussion board...

... But I just hope nobody is actually harbouring any serious hope that he will be sacked (unless we go on a completely catastrophic run).

The board showed their hand after the Sunderland defeat, that was the time to get rid of him, prior to any signings being made. They certaintly wont be sacking him after an unlucky defeat away to Bolton. They've chosen to stick by him, they've backed him vocally and in the transfer market; he wont be going anywhere.

60% want him to stay. Not really surprised when its only about 6 people want him gone but they repeatedly post same BS that its quite boring
Only about 6 people want him gone? Have you seen the poll results so far. Bit more than 6 there you know.

60% want him to stay. Not really surprised when its only about 6 people want him gone but they repeatedly post same BS that its quite boring
Strictly speaking, on these polling numbers, if it was only 6 that wanted him gone, the proportions would be 96% - 4% in favour of him staying, so your estimate of the strength of feeling against him may be a bit low. :)

I voted for him to stay, no point sacking him now and I would like to see what he can do with a full pre-season with the squad.

This. Some faith and some time is needed. I think he will do us very well the summer and a presason.

You see, I think this, but then I think about the proposition of having another season like this one.... :cry:

We won't know until next season, imo we will be brilliant next season.

We'll sign 5-6 players, get rid of most of the dead wood and then have the squad to compete for Europe and in the cups.

I genuinely cannot wait!

I voted stay, but what Stevo985 said pretty much sums it up for me...

I'm happy to give him the first 2 months of next season. He'll have had 2 windows to get players in, he'll have had nearly a whole season to get the team playing "his way", and he'll have had a whole pre-season to work with the squad and settle them.

I feel GH has been right up against it from day one here, both the fans AND ther players have made things difficult for him. Hopefully he will get the squad sorted out in the summer (both ins and outs) and we will start to see better results. The football we are playing is already better than the game of Rugby MoN had us playing, so im quietly optimistic the Ged will turn it around.

I feel GH has been right up against it from day one here, both the fans AND ther players have made things difficult for him.

I think he has made it difficult for himself as well to be honest.

Stay.

Get through this nightmare of a season.

Give him the chance to ship out those who aren't up to the new style of play in the summer

Bring in a few new faces and off we go, good as new

Oh and are we gonna just do poll after poll after poll until the results are in favour of GH leaving??

Seems that way to me.

Well, what ever it takes i suppose. the sooner he moves on the sooner the club does to.

I don't have much hope that the board will sack him. I'm not even sure relegation would see him gone if I'm being honest.

But I think if there is a vocal enough protest against him (and he's quite aware that he's not liked by a number of fans already) there's a chance he'll walk away in the summer for a quieter life.

geniune claims of Fat Sam....jesus christ.

In fairness there was only one - and it was laughed at quite a lot.

Altho he probably would have done better than Houllier result wise so far!

Tho yes never would want him as manager or anywhere near us and neither would most sane ppl

To put things straight, i would only want him here to help us stay up. he'd get the best out of what we have, we could then get someone better in the summer.

What a god awful attitude to have. Thank fook you aren't the chairman Fran.

Oh and are we gonna just do poll after poll after poll until the results are in favour of GH leaving??

Seems that way to me.

Well, what ever it takes i suppose. the sooner moves on the sooner the club does to.

you do know it doesnt matter what our polls say. Cant imagine Randy and Paul Faulkner reading VT polls and making a decision

Â