Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

I'm totally at sea for this one. I've not particularly come out for either camp during all of this, though I admit after the Liverpool bollocks I was not happy. I think we just need to let it lie at the moment. He **** up monumentally with Liverpool and with the white flag at Man City, but I really don't know whether we can sack him. I want us to, but I think at the same time it would do far more harm than good.

He's bringing in the players at least.

He is flawed and has said some silly things during his time here. None of which have been brushed over because the results haven't been great. Next season, with a few quality signings and his own team and everyone on the same page and we start winning he can say whatever he likes. It's what happens on the pitch that counts, and I think we will be fantastic next season!

If we combine the previous main poll done with this one we'll arguably get a better idea of the average opinion over a number of months :winkold:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=66223&highlight=houllier

1st poll:

305 said out

110 said stay

2nd poll:

57 said out

84 said stay

Total results:

362 views of "out"

194 said stay

Interesting results - approximately 2 in 3 want him out. :lol:

That's not accurate at all. The other thread only contains votes during our worst spell. I think I voted 'out' back then but have changed my mind as I now see what he is trying to do take shape.

Arguably taking an average of 2 polls gives a better idea and of course the views of more voters.

If you change your vote so quickly then I think it's right that your overall vote is neutral which it would be using this methodology. :winkold:

Not really, alot of people saw what he was doing later on in games like myself, at times we have played better football (myself and others have noticed it) and can see what he is trying to achieve despite the defence being poor.. your logic is quite flawed because alot of people have changed their mind, this poll reflects this, there are also some that want him to go but not now but wait till the end of the season.

I did say arguably. I didn't say it was my personal opinion but an argument could be created...

I seem to remember the much bigger poll of 415 views being dismissed as it was such a small percentage of the fan base.

Well with about 144 votes so far here (less than half of the other poll) I'm guessing that same logic will still be relevant. 8)

geniune claims of Fat Sam....jesus christ.

In fairness there was only one - and it was laughed at quite a lot.

Altho he probably would have done better than Houllier result wise so far!

Tho yes never would want him as manager or anywhere near us and neither would most sane ppl

To put things straight, i would only want him here to help us stay up. he'd get the best out of what we have, we could then get someone better in the summer.

That's not accurate at all. The other thread only contains votes during our worst spell. I think I voted 'out' back then but have changed my mind as I now see what he is trying to do take shape.

Arguably taking an average of 2 polls gives a better idea and of course the views of more voters.

If you change your vote so quickly then I think it's right that your overall vote is neutral which it would be using this methodology. :winkold:

Everyone is entitled to change their mind based on what has happened, I might have voted after the Liverpool game where we lost 3-0 as I was livid. BUT in January we signed some quality players and results and performances improved. Since then I can see what Houllier is trying to do to our club and I like it.

A lot changed from the beginning of December until the end of January.

Strange to see the results of these polls, clearly the go sayers are more vocal as I would never have predicted them to go the way they have on reading topics.

Seems this poll is matching similar to that last one in terms of stays and the old gos are split between go now and go later.

Strange to see the results of these polls, clearly the go sayers are more vocal as I would never have predicted them to go the way they have on reading topics.

Seems this poll is matching similar to that last one in terms of stays and the old gos are split between go now and go later.

Most of the 'sack him' bunch are impossible to find any middle ground with so the rest just don't bother anymore. I'm bored so I'm posting way more 'back him' posts than usual.

Absolutely LOVING this poll result so far. Its exactly what we need, the faithful need to get behind the manager and club

The rest can do one.

Coming from the only person that thinks relegation would be a good thing, I think your post can be taken with a pinch of salt...

42% don't want him as our manager. More than four in ten people. That's a huge percentage however you want to try and dress it up...

Absolutely LOVING this poll result so far. Its exactly what we need, the faithful need to get behind the manager and club

The rest can do one.

Coming from the only person that thinks relegation would be a good thing, I think your post can be taken with a pinch of salt...

His post about relegation maybe being a good thing and still keeping Houllier was indeed the silliest thing ive read in a good long while .

42% don't want him as our manager. More than four in ten people. That's a huge percentage however you want to try and dress it up...

Its rather shocking I guess especially against the fact that he had I believe over 80% of people on here happy with his appointment when he first arrived.

I think it does however need to be remembered that this is a tiny straw pole given that there are I would estimate 3-400 thousand Villa fans possibly more so I'd suggest you would need a few hundred more voters before it becomes relevant.

It was the same under MON. The negative people shout the loudest.

Even when MON was backed by 90 odd percent of fans on here, all you could read on here was the vocal negative minority.

(disclaimer: Nothing wrong with the negative people before anyone shoots me down, I'm just pointing out that they seem to get themselves heard more)

It was the same under MON. The negative people shout the loudest.

Even when MON was backed by 90 odd percent of fans on here, all you could read on here was the vocal negative minority.

(disclaimer: Nothing wrong with the negative people before anyone shoots me down, I'm just pointing out that they seem to get themselves heard more)

A fair assessment Stevo. :thumb:

Â