Alan Hutton

Rich_D

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I think I'd give Hutton an A for effort, tho possibly a D for quality. 

At times I almost feel sorry for him, it's like no matter how hard he tries he will never be as good as he wants to be.

Feel sorry for him? He's getting paid 40 grand a week to be not as good as he wants to be...

I'm not as good a footballer as I want to be, but I don't get paid for it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Because Amavi has had a relatively short period of poor form, Hutton has been consistently poor since he arrived.

He also had a period of being consistently nothing when frozen out. 

Poor when played though. 

I will never forget the video of him when he signed on loan for that Spanish club (Mallorca i think), pure comedy. I also thought that we would never see him play for Villa again at that point, but somehow he made a comeback. I can't fault him for his fight, but simply was not good enough and the rewarding of a new contract after being frozen out epitomises everything about the Randy Lerner era and the chopping and changing of directions.

On 1/24/2017 at 01:37, kurtsimonw said:

I think people mean he gets a disproportionate amount of stick for what he does, in comparison to others players, who also kick a bag of air around. Amavi has been far more of a liability defensively which is their main job, but gets nowhere near the amount of stick.

On 1/24/2017 at 08:17, TrentVilla said:

Because Amavi has had a relatively short period of poor form, Hutton has been consistently poor since he arrived.

I'd add that Amavi has a bit about him. Like others have said he can cross the ball and beat a man. Hutton not so much. When you add in the horrible injury Amavi suffered and is still recovering from it doesn't surprise me at all that he gets an easier ride. Chalk and cheese for me those two.

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'd add that Amavi has a bit about him. Like others have said he can cross the ball and beat a man. Hutton not so much. When you add in the horrible injury Amavi suffered and is still recovering from it doesn't surprise me at all that he gets an easier ride. Chalk and cheese for me those two.

Chalk and cheese? Because one's white and one's French? Bit racist.

• Like 2

I would fall out with Mourinho if he continued to play this player. He is only half a footballer because he grafts his knackers off. Its no good spending Millions on a midfield if you are going to continue to use Hutton as a creative outlet on the wing. We could have Ronaldo playing for us, but if you have Hutton playing on the wing crossing the ball in, he ain't gonna F***** score shit. Get him off the football pitch Bruce. He was useless with Lambert and has gone even more downhill since then. All I can say is he must be giving some good manager lovin to keep a place, frack me he was bomb squad not long ago and the only player in there because of quality not attitude.

You know, when we have been to, an watched enough games to see with your own eyes this guy delivers nothing to this team now, hardly ever has, why can no manager see it.

Get him out the team please, an get a proper winger in who can deliver the goods.

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

No threat to the opposition going forward and a liability at the back.

Terrible. People will call it knee jerk or scapegoat but the truth is he kills so many of our attacks and defensively he doesn't even track back properly. Awful.

Its not knee jerk, i've been saying it since Lambert era

He needs to get dropped next game. Its amazing how our right back had way more touches than some of our midfielders. He loses the ball all to often and we go down that side far too much. Bree please. 

Â