Alan Hutton

Rich_D

It's his positioning that makes him so bad for me. So often he is nowhere near the winger he's supposed to be marking, and therefore the winger either (a) gets a cross in unchallenged or (B) gets taken out by Hutton who's desperately stretching due to being out of position in the first place and trying to catch up.

I've not seen that much of him yet as an attacking full back for which he had a decent reputation, but I suppose that could be down to McLeish's negative outlook. Either way, not a patch on Luke Young.

I thought he was ok yesterday, didn't get forward but I'd rather he stay back v Young. Collins defended better too, but didn't use the ball as well as Hutton.

Yeah, he was great for their goal.

I thought he was ok yesterday, didn't get forward but I'd rather he stay back v Young. Collins defended better too, but didn't use the ball as well as Hutton.

Yeah, he was great for their goal.

Yeah and so were many other players. Your point? My point wasn't how he was defending for our goal. It was his general performance which quite frankly wasn't shit like many of his others. He was generally ok compared to previous weeks.

Our tactics were mainly to blame yesterday and not the players.

He may have been world-class for 99% of the game but he went missing for the cross that led to the goal. Kind ofputs the rest of his average performance into perspective. Was he totally shit? No. But he allowed them to pick an easy cross and a goal. He went missing, that wasn't tactics just poor defending.

Luke Young is the opposite of AH, completely overrated FB, who was talked up when he was out injured.

Neither were anywhere near Kyle Walker, but out the 2 i definatley prefer AH tbh.Never ever rated LY.Would have bought Onohua or Kyle Naughton myself.

Kyle Walker is actually the worst defender of the three mentioned, Hutton is often out of position but nowhere near as much as Wandering Walker was. Walker is the best going forward for sure but a defenders main job is to... defend and Walker isn't very good at that, he was especially shite at it in his England performance the other week.

Luke Young is the opposite of AH, completely overrated FB, who was talked up when he was out injured.

Neither were anywhere near Kyle Walker, but out the 2 i definatley prefer AH tbh.Never ever rated LY.Would have bought Onohua or Kyle Naughton myself.

Kyle Walker is actually the worst defender of the three mentioned, Hutton is often out of position but nowhere near as much as Wandering Walker was. Walker is the best going forward for sure but a defenders main job is to... defend and Walker isn't very good at that, he was especially shite at it in his England performance the other week.

Not a chance. Walker may get out of position a bit, but at least he's often athletic enough to get back across. Hutton is easily the worst right back I've seen at Villa, he can't defend, can't get forward, and goes missing all the time. He's absolutely abysmal, and to think that spurs actually paid £9m for him. Unbelievable.

Not a chance. Walker may get out of position a bit, but at least he's often athletic enough to get back across. Hutton is easily the worst right back I've seen at Villa, he can't defend, can't get forward, and goes missing all the time. He's absolutely abysmal, and to think that spurs actually paid £9m for him. Unbelievable.

we've had worse, Beye and Bardsley in the last few years spring to mind.

I'm not saying Hutton is good by the way, he simply isn't, he's just not the worst.

and recouped 4m from us

He may have been world-class for 99% of the game but he went missing for the cross that led to the goal. Kind ofputs the rest of his average performance into perspective. Was he totally shit? No. But he allowed them to pick an easy cross and a goal. He went missing, that wasn't tactics just poor defending.

This is not true, Huttons job was to mark and track Young, which is what he was doing in the build up to the goal. The run was made by Nani who should have been tracked by one of our midfield, probably Herd. The reason Hutton was getting pulled up the pitch was due to Young and Evra coupled with the fact Albrighton wasnt tracking back much.

This is not true, Huttons job was to mark and track Young, which is what he was doing in the build up to the goal. The run was made by Nani who should have been tracked by one of our midfield, probably Herd. The reason Hutton was getting pulled up the pitch was due to Young and Evra coupled with the fact Albrighton wasnt tracking back much.

How do you know his job was to mark Young? Surely his first job is to play his position of right back.

He is a right wing back at best in that he is no better than ok defensively or going forward, i've tried giving him a chance but unfortunately we've bought a dud. Young would have done us for a good while longer.

Holding on to Young wasn't really an option, he had been expecting to leave all summer and had already moved his family down south. Considering that and the family situation he has been through in recent times letting him go was probably the best decision all around so I don't blame McLeish on that.

I do though blame him for pissing awY £4m on Hitton who is worse than options we already had at the club. I'd he the worst RB we've had? No probably not that for me would be Bardsley but we didn't spend pay anything for him. As for Beye I've not seen enough of him in our colours to form a view.

utter nonsense, kyle walker is already twice the defender hutton will ever be.

How in the name of Zeus' butthole did he ever get that "White Cafu" tag in the first place? I know even the shittest players will look like world-beaters in the SPL, but I remember a season or so before Spurs spunked that cash up the wall on him that Hutton was this coveted player held in such critically high regard. Hell, even the Sunderland fans loved him (though I'd explain that away by suggesting they just didn't know any better).

How do you know his job was to mark Young? Surely his first job is to play his position of right back.

He is a right wing back at best in that he is no better than ok defensively or going forward, i've tried giving him a chance but unfortunately we've bought a dud. Young would have done us for a good while longer.

I agree that the right full back should be marking the left-winger. however, it doesn't follow that he has to run around after him when he cuts inside. For the goal Young cut inside - still about 30 yards from goal adn into the area where the midfield were. Granted Albrighton should have been back but seeing as he wasn't Hutton should not have wondered out of position opening the left side for nani to take all the time in the world to watch jones wonder between our central-defenders, passed the obviously caught in traffic lights central misfield of ours to score the goal. it was a catalogue of errors yes, but hutton should have been in position. he would have just fouled Nani anyway.

How in the name of Zeus' butthole did he ever get that "White Cafu" tag in the first place? I know even the shittest players will look like world-beaters in the SPL, but I remember a season or so before Spurs spunked that cash up the wall on him that Hutton was this coveted player held in such critically high regard. Hell, even the Sunderland fans loved him (though I'd explain that away by suggesting they just didn't know any better).

The answer is obviously that he can do much better than he's currently doing with Villa, I ask myself whether his focus is on the game. There's a better player in there than is showing at the moment.

Â