Alan Hutton

Rich_D

confirmed on the radio now - both deals.

quite fun that we've had to wait until now I reckon.

So we have a back up left back youngster with some potential - and a younger player of similar standard to luke young at right back, and we've got in another centre mid with some experience that the manager might actually trust instead of Jean II

so improvement - not as vast as perhaps many of expect or thought necessary, but shall look forward to an arteta-less everton in 9 days time!

Pleased with this. Obviously McLeish is a fan as he worked with him at Rangers.

To sell Luke Young and replace with Hutton clearly means he feels Hutton is the better player, so we're strengthening.

Its nice to know a player would still prefer to play for us than to stay in London. Big Eck will no doubt have been the deciding factor in that decision and I look forward to seeing what he can do in our shirt with a manager who rates him and with Jenas to keep him company.

Good signing. Good age, good price and good wages i think this guy(if he stays fit) could be the bargain of the window. I really am a fan, have been since he signed for Spurs (even if the fee was stupid).

ITSOTPWPTBT*

The OS"]Villa confirm agreement for Hutton and Jenas

Double deal agreed.

0,,10265~9949614,00.jpg

The club can confirm that agreement has been reached with Tottenham Hotspur over the transfer of Alan Hutton and the season-long loan of Jermaine Jenas.

Scotland international Hutton passed a medical and agreed terms this evening, sealing a deal to 2015.

England international Jenas also passed a medical this evening.

Hutton said: "As soon as I knew Villa were interested, it was the only place I wanted to go.

"This is a massive club with great players. The likes of Darren Bent have told me so much about it.

"It's a great football club with great fans and I'm really looking forward to working with Alex McLeish again.

"He's such a commanding figure and he's had a great influence on my career at Rangers and in the Scotland team in the past. I'm really looking forward to working with him again.

"I want to help the club progress and for us to be the best team we can be. I know I'll have to work hard to hold down a place and I'm very much looking forward to this challenge."

Jenas added: "I'm delighted.

"Villa is a big club and I'm up for the cause. I want to get my head down and fit into the squad as quickly as I can.

"It's a new chapter in my career and it would be great to achieve something at the club. I'm really looking forward to getting going."

Villa manager Alex McLeish said: "Alan is a player whom I know well. He is an athletic full back in his mid-20s - a very good age - and he has a lot of experience playing at a high level, both internationally with Scotland and with Glasgow Rangers and Tottenham Hotspur which are big clubs.

"So he fits the bill in terms of having the right temperament to be an important and influential player for Villa.

"Jermaine is a dynamic midfield player and I feel he will add to the quality of the squad as well. He also has played at a very high level and I'm sure he will be relishing this opportunity."

*In the shirt, on the pitch, way past their bedtime.

Hutton said: "As soon as I knew Villa were interested, it was the only place I wanted to go.

Sigh.

Yeh, sure, if 15 minutes later you had been told Man U and Chelsea had come in for you, you'd have told them "sod off, it's Villa for me".

Still, nice of him to say it.

Good piece of business signing these two at the very end. We could have done nothing. Something tells me the goals are going to be sparse though. I predict a January striker signing to secure a mid table position, just like last year.

We need another quality striker.

Good piece of business signing these two at the very end. We could have done nothing. Something tells me the goals are going to be sparse though. I predict a January striker signing to secure a mid table position, just like last year.

I doubt we will sign another striker until Heskey leaves and frees up that £65k a week.

I doubt we will sign another striker until Heskey leaves and frees up that £65k a week.

WTF was MON smoking?

Â