Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Maybe don't sign poor players on ridiculous contracts. I know its a crazy thought.

No one wants a situation where we are signing these types of players for these type of wages but there are other options.

That then comes down to the manager you hire. When you hire McLeish what do you really expect him to do in the transfer market?

Hey Big John when are you going to be hired by a Premier Football Club?  You seem to have all the answers.

What is on you CV that gives you such enlightened insight?

Maybe don't sign poor players on ridiculous contracts. I know its a crazy thought.

No one wants a situation where we are signing these types of players for these type of wages but there are other options.

That then comes down to the manager you hire. When you hire McLeish what do you really expect him to do in the transfer market?

Hey Big John when are you going to be hired by a Premier Football Club? You seem to have all the answers.

Anyone with a brain can see the deals we put in place after MON made issues the club had worse.

Hey Big John when are you going to be hired by a Premier Football Club? You seem to have all the answers.

Anyone with a brain can see the deals we put in place after MON made issues the club had worse.

Anyone with a brain can see that they have admitted that and tried to correct those wrongs by cutting back and taking the hard medicine now and reshaping the whole squad and club.

The Article about Hutton is a nothing one.  Lambert wants him gone so saying a few nice things about him he hopes will shift him and put him in the minds of managers.  He is not playing because he doesnt fit with Lambert and what he wants.  Simple.  Yes his wages are inflated but that was the market at the time.

I didnt agree with signing him or Given (who I think is overrated and causes panic in the defense in front of him). 

Hutton was described when he was playing for us as one of the worst players yet since he has stopped you would think he has become the right sided Ashley Cole.  Absence make the heart grow fonder it seems.

I don't think it was a problem putting 3 players on 40k+ a week contracts in the summer of 2011 and spending 16 mill in transfers. We had just let go of Ash, Downing, Reo Coker and Luke Young saving upwards of 180k a week in wages and bringing in around 36 mill in fees.

The problem was who we were entrusting spending those wages/fees. Three better players could have been bought in on the kind of wages that Given, Hutton and NZogbia have been earning. The issue isn't really around the wages the players have been earning. It is the fact they were never good enough in the first place to justify those wages and that is down to the manger and taking that one step further ultimately down to the person who hired that manager.

• Like 2

We're not playing him because of his wages but doesn't he get the same if he was playing or not? Also would it not have increased the chances of selling him if he'd actually played? I can see why not many clubs want to sign a player who spent 2 years training with the reserves.

Its just been one big **** up from the moment he signed. From the manager who picked him, to his agreed deal and so on.

This a million times over. Yes we want to cut the wage bill. But bombing all the players out has/will cost us millions in resale fees as well as weakening our squad which equals lower league position at the end of the season and less revenue as a result. Absolutely idiotic scenes
  • Like 1

So confirming what we already knew anyway? He probably has thousands in appearance fees and hes shite anyway so is anyone really bothered?

I doubt very much he is being paid thousands in appearance fees. Had he have been he would be really kicking up a fuss as being bombed out would be costing him a fortune.

I personally have nothing against the bloke. He is certainly over paid but the club gave him that contract. In terms of ability he is no worse than many players in our squad who are currently getting game time but out of their depth. The only difference is he is being paid twice to three times as much as them. Lambert in this interview seems to be admitting as much.

Then i fail to see the logic in freezing him out..you can use a player who you want to sell. Not advocating playing him because hes terrible but his matchday fees have to be a few k i reckon.

This is a huge embarrassment for the club and really dents any chance of us signing anybody that's any good in the short term.

I can only imagine to write him off like this must mean he is about to trip some kind of appearance related clause like we have seen in the past.

The (not so well) hidden message in this article actually is "anybody want to buy or loan our right back, he's going cheap".

Looks like Villa will be forking out the £40k per week till next summer regardless. If there isn't more potential costs involved then Lambert would keep him in the squad and an option should he need to call on him.

Absolutly no sympathy for Hutton whatsoever. 

He knew the score yet decided not to get another loan due to money...shows what is important to him!

Not sure you've read the article...

Nothing to do with the article, just the predicament!

I have always thought it would be harder to move a player on who is not getting any game time. Clubs generally don't want a player who hasn't played in nearly 2 years.

I think if we had kept Hutton involved and used him as our back up right back when needed I think he would have been moved on by now.

• Like 2

How can a player stay at a club that he knows he has no chance of playing for?  Its not even a management issue that may be altered if there is a change.

It sickens me that he would rather stay here with the kids rather than get regular football, all for money.

Â