Alan Hutton

Rich_D

If he's that desperate to leave, why doesn't he lower his wage demands (for potential clubs)? Guaranteed we still have to pay a portion of his wages. This could mean that we also have to loan him away next season as his contract expires in 2015 (I think)

The highest paid player at Mallorca last season was on about £11,500 a week, when Ramis was their captain he was on €10,000 a week but it was hinted he could have got more but loved the club so much that he would play for less. Mallorca since their relegation are probably only able to offer him the bones of £8-10,000 a week max, and that would be for a star player so to speak, it is unlikely that Hutton will transform in to Matt Lowton and be able to be man of the match from right back. It is very unfortunate that we haven't been able to get rid of him, for me personally I think he will see out his last two years and then go to who ever pays him the highest, he talks about finding life and football in Spain, but all it is, is him playing in the sun and making the same amount as if he was at home doing nothing.

Yep. People realise most teams in La Liga are broke and in administration right? Given Mallorca have just been relegated to Segunda I struggle to see how this transfer will go through permanently unless he takes a huge paycut or we keep paying him for a while after he's left like Man. City have done with players like Ireland.

He'd probably get a better wage at Doncaster, that's how much mess Spanish football is in outside of the top 2.

He's not quite gone!

http://tinyurl.com/kjcls6u

Real Mallorca are moving onto other targets after Alan Hutton went cold on a proposed switch back to the Spanish club. The Scottish international appeared to be heading off the Villa wage bill and back to the Balearic island club until late on Friday, when the deal hit a snag. Spanish Primera Division outfit Almeira could be partly to blame as they showed late interest in the ex-Rangers and Tottenham defender, who had hitherto been keen on a return to Mallorca - where he enjoyed a loan spell last season. Mallorca coach Llorenc Serra Ferrer said on Saturday: "Today I am pessimistic. Everything had gone well, starting talks with Aston Villa, which was the most difficult and complicated because they introduced illogical clauses. "We had also done well with the finances, because we could not pick up the entire tab for Hutton. But it has become complicated because the player is now asking for other things and that cannot be. It has to stop." Reports in Mallorca claim the Segunda Division club are now switching their attention to ex-West Ham full back Lionel Scaloni, 35, as an alternative to Hutton.

meh

I know what you mean, but the thoughts of his wages still being on our books and the possibility that they could somehow impact on any potential new signing reminds me to be annoyed again. Not particularly annoyed with him, just annoyed that he turned out so f**king useless and that we gave him the contract in the first place. GO AWAY ALAN! The proverbial fart in a space suit.
  • Like 2

Until these shit overpaid players are gone there's still the lingering stench of our last few season's failures and every bad thing associated with them. I just want them gone so we can finally look to the future.

Wonder what it was that he wanted, that they couldn't give to him. Surely he couldn't ask for extra money if his entire wage was being paid still by both clubs.

Hopefully a Championship team comes in for him thinking that they're getting a bargain, being as he cost Spuds £9m a few years back.

Wonder what it was that he wanted, that they couldn't give to him. Surely he couldn't ask for extra money if his entire wage was being paid still by both clubs.

Hopefully a Championship team comes in for him thinking that they're getting a bargain, being as he cost Spuds £9m a few years back.

I very much doubt that would happen, but we can wish

I really don't understand what Mcleish saw in him... Is it weird for me to think it's only because he's Scottish?

To be fair I think Mcleish saw a solid defender who would put himself about. he certainly overpaid for him though (in wages at least).  I dont think Hutton is a bad player for certain clubs at all. Just not the way we play.

Â