Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Crazy tackles aside, I didn't think he was that dreadful. He even showed a teeny, tiny bit of attacking flair at times (though rarely, I'll admit!)

not really his fault, McLeish was their manager he would probably have never let Cafu or Roberto Carlos cross halfway

I'd imagine any fee goes to paying off his short fall in wages over the next 2 years, he's probably losing out on about €20k a week if not more, remember when we were linked with Ramis last year he was Mallorca's captain and was on €15k a week but I think he was trying to play for a relatively low fee as he would have probably done it for free. that works out at about €2mil.

It concerns me that this is just Twitter rumour at the moment. I haven't seen anything about this from any journalists over here or in Spain yet so I suppose I'll believe it when I see it. Hope it's true though.

One more excuse gone for Lerner not to back the manager.

am sure Lerner knows it was a different manager

Yeah...

I think he meant that another player with high wages and no (positive) influence on the team is gone which hopefully means more room for improvements

One more excuse gone for Lerner not to back the manager.

Is there any evidence of the owner not backing his manager, and making excuses for not doing so?

As far as I can see all of his managers have been well backed and haven't made any complaints in that regard.

• Like 3

No-one apart from the people very close to Lerner/ Faulkner/ Lambert will know either way. Though some people like to take the general stance that Lerner hasn't backed the manager(s).

Pretty daft, imo.

It concerns me that this is just Twitter rumour at the moment. I haven't seen anything about this from any journalists over here or in Spain yet so I suppose I'll believe it when I see it. Hope it's true though.

There's also a report on marca.com, the Spanish sports web site. Have a look at p.115 of this thread.

never really caused a fuss after being frozen out and will leave with no fuss. Good pro. Unlike some.

Instead of buying a new right back, why don't we just use Hutton as Lowton's back up? 

Because he's crap. One of the worst rightbacks I've ever seen play for Villa, and a ticking time-bomb on the pitch to boot.

Would have to agree with you there. Considering he came between Delaney, Mellberg for a season, Luke Young and Lowton he's a poor player.

Disappointing as he played well for McLeish at Rangers and Scotland so I thought maybe he could be o.k but all I saw for an attacking full back was hopless cross after another going into the Holte end and the less said about his defending the better.

Â