Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I think he works well in a back 3 as he doesn't need to worry about his positioning as much and can come out and throw his weight about a bit.

Unfortunately with our midfield, that would come at the expense of giving over tonnes of possession and limiting our forward play.

A good 4th choice though, perhaps make him 5th choice so that when Vlaar inevitably gets injured next season he'll be 4th choice then.

How many times do we have to say this guy is not a premiership footballer. Could play for kiddy, Yeovil at best. He has no future here. I hope Lambert knows this. Though hopefully Lambert has no future here either.

Baker is awful.

He kept Jones pretty quiet I thought, especially second half. He really needs to cut out the silly mistakes though, like when he played Campbell through when he was a mile offside and pulling Jones down in the box. I still think he could become a good player for us.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Credit where it's due, that was better tonight. Apart from grabbing Jones, a fairly un eventful performance.

But this is his best, he gives no more than this. Remember it was Cardiff not Man City.

I agree he's not good enough, just saying compared to previous performances it was better

We kept a clean sheet. Baker did well tonight. His foul in the box was not the only thing that happened all game. Say Cardiff are poor if you like, but they could still finish anywhere between 10th and 20th.

Vastly improved during tonight's performance, I touted him as the first choice centre-back at the start of the season, whilst I was at the Arsenal game, but since then he has really struggled. Hopefully he had push on from tonight's improved performance :)

Credit where it's due, that was better tonight. Apart from grabbing Jones, a fairly un eventful performance.

But this is his best, he gives no more than this. Remember it was Cardiff not Man City.

Yes - at 22 he's definitely at the peak of his defensive capabilities. ffs.

Â