Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

How did he get a work permit in the first place if he could not speak English?

He got a one-year permit that can be granted to people who can't speak English on the expectation they will learn the basic language skills needed and get the necessary qualification within 12 months. 

Seems J2M never bothered so that might be seen as a measure of how interested he was in playing for Villa ever.

Just to put it in context, this langauge test has been passed by C Tevez who, it was revealed recently, couldn't understand speeding penalty notices when they were sent to him and so didn't pay and got banned from driving, So we are not talking the most difficult test in the world here.

He got a one-year permit that can be granted to people who can't speak English on the expectation they will learn the basic language skills needed and get the necessary qualification within 12 months. 

Seems J2M never bothered so that might be seen as a measure of how interested he was in playing for Villa ever.

Just to put it in context, this langauge test has been passed by C Tevez who, it was revealed recently, couldn't understand speeding penalty notices when they were sent to him and so didn't pay and got banned from driving, So we are not talking the most difficult test in the world here.

I don't think it's fair to assume J2M never put the effort it, although it may well be the case. Languages are difficult to learn and some people just struggle with even the very basics, however motivated they might be. I wonder how many Villatalkers would struggle to pass a similar test for a language that was previously unfamiliar to them. I would imagine a significant number. 

I don't think it's fair to assume J2M never put the effort it, although it may well be the case. Languages are difficult to learn and some people just struggle with even the very basics, however motivated they might be. I wonder how many Villatalkers would struggle to pass a similar test for a language that was previously unfamiliar to them. I would imagine a significant number. 

I'm sure we would all be fluent if it meant getting paid £40k a week plus probably given free lessons with the best language teachers going on a one-to-one basis.  I never really understood why he didn't just get a French passport having been over there for so long.

How long did it take Tevez to learn the language?  on Makoun, In reality he was only at the club I'd say for about 6 months.

you don't need to learn the language to pass that test though, it's the most absolute basic stuff. the guy just couldn't be arsed basically

I'm sure we would all be fluent if it meant getting paid £40k a week plus probably given free lessons with the best language teachers going on a one-to-one basis.  I never really understood why he didn't just get a French passport having been over there for so long.

As I said, motivation isn't always enough, however good your teachers. Some people just can't get the hang of it. 

(That doesn't mean J2M was one of those people, it's at least as likely he was just lazy, but we can't know that.)

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the shite weve signed before, this one really anoys me, cus i thought he would of been a handy player for us.

Thanks for the jumper jean.

Would he get in a villa worst 11?

Joining Rennes permanently in the summer. Good riddance, awful signing.

any confirmation or detail of this?

are we getting a transfer fee for him? 

Edited by ender4

Â