Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

good move for the player as he gets to play Champions LEague and some otehr club can see his talents as he would be wasted if manager isnt a fan.

Olympiakos are in same group as Arsenal so we will get to see him in action at least once with this move

And to think in January people were proclaiming Houllier's activity in the window as being superior to anything O'Neill had achieved in his time here. It was a daft statement then, 8 months on it looks utterly ridiculous.

Makoun will go down as one of the more disappointing signings of recent years for me but moving him on certainly seems the best thing to do to me from what I've seen so far. That squad though like our attendances looks like it could keep getting smaller.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I totally agree with you on this. I just hope that Bent isn't the next one targetted for the exit and we bring a couple of players in who can get te ball to him more regularly.

Its not really hindsight though, Houllier's track record in the transfer market was there for all to see as were the numerous examples of players signed from France who were ill suited to the PL.

If you judged Houllier from Liverpool days fair enough...But the guy had moved on since then and may have had knowledge of some raising world class talents we as a club could have benefited from.. Plus you only have look at how France improved as a football Nation over the last 10/20 years to see his influence and knowledge in the game..All these coaches churning out players like Toulalan, Malouda, etc were all trained with imput from Houllier. You should read what influence he had on Clairefontaine and what it stands for...France as a footballing "coaching" nation are up there(if not better) than what Spain or anyone else are..They have moved into the future...

And to think in January people were proclaiming Houllier's activity in the window as being superior to anything O'Neill had achieved in his time here. It was a daft statement then, 8 months on it looks utterly ridiculous.

Makoun will go down as one of the more disappointing signings of recent years for me but moving him on certainly seems the best thing to do to me from what I've seen so far. That squad though like our attendances looks like it could keep getting smaller.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I totally agree with you on this. I just hope that Bent isn't the next one targetted for the exit and we bring a couple of players in who can get te ball to him more regularly.

Its not really hindsight though, Houllier's track record in the transfer market was there for all to see as were the numerous examples of players signed from France who were ill suited to the PL.

If you judged Houllier from Liverpool days fair enough...But the guy had moved on since then and may have had knowledge of some raising world class talents we as a club could have benefited from.. Plus you only have look at how France improved as a football Nation over the last 10/20 years to see his influence and knowledge in the game..All these coaches churning out players like Toulalan, Malouda, etc were all trained with imput from Houllier. You should read what influence he had on Clairefontaine and what it stands for...France as a footballing "coaching" nation are up there(if not better) than what Spain or anyone else are..They have moved into the future...

I have read it, it doesn't change my view on Houllier, it doesn't change my view on his management of Villa or on his judgement of players and their suitability to play in the PL.

There were many examples at Liverpool and in his short time here he gave us three in Pires, Bradley and Makoun.

He might well have been a great coach (although our defence last season would suggest not) but as for a judge of player I think he made a lot of errors.

Anyway this isn't about McLeish or Houllier this is about a player who looks like joining the ever growing list of departures.

I have read it, it doesn't change my view on Houllier, it doesn't change my view on his management of Villa or on his judgement of players and their suitability to play in the PL.

There were many examples at Liverpool and in his short time here he gave us three in Pires, Bradley and Makoun.

He might well have been a great coach (although our defence last season would suggest not) but as for a judge of player I think he made a lot of errors.

Anyway this isn't about McLeish or Houllier this is about a player who looks like joining the ever growing list of departures.

Yes but maybe had we a decent technical brained manager he wouldnt be listed as a departure...Is this what the board meant by "backing" McLeish? By going along with him removing quality CL experienced players from the squad out to loan? "Yes we back that"...

We aren't playing in the CL we are playing in the PL and from what I've seen Makoun doesn't look suited to it.

It would seem McLeish thinks the same and while I didn't want McLeish I'd much rather he got rid now and got a player in who he thinks can do a job for us in the league we are actually playing in. Time is running out, we are short of numbers and if Makoun going means we can get a player in who is better suited to make an impact for us then so be it.

Lets just loan out a player who wants the ball and can play a killer pass.

Bent is getting pissed off, we need to play players who will supply him with chances. Ireland/Bannan/Makoun/Nzogbia can. Petrov, Heskey, Gabby **** cant, they take 5 seconds to decide what to do with the ball half the time.

Yes but maybe had we a decent technical brained manager he wouldnt be listed as a departure...Is this what the board meant by "backing" McLeish? By going along with him removing quality CL experienced players from the squad out to loan? "Yes we back that"...

Houllier's gone mate, we have to move on.

We've got Mcleish, I'm not happy about it, but bearing in mind what his primary mandate is, I think he's done OK so far. Lets just see what happens in the next few days.

Who next Cuellar to Rangers on loan? The way things are going the wage bill will be zero soon. One new player will not be enough given the players that have left but I worry if we will even get that... :cry:

Would be a poor move in my opinion. The guy is adept at keeping the ball moving quickly and can play 'killer' passes. I also think he is tougher than some are making out; the goal we scored at Blackpool came about when he won the ball with a huge sliding challenge and a quick pass played from the floor.

What are we doing? As far as I can see, we're struggling for the quick ball that sets up goals, and we're just about to ship out the only player we have with a natural eye for the quick ball. It defies logic. I just hope those who say he's not good enough for the PL are right and I'm completely wrong, because otherwise this is a completely mad decision.

Makoun has done nothing of note so far during his time with us! It's not all down to him however and the Board must take a lot of the blame in the way they have made poor decisions on many fronts!!

CLOSING DOWN SALE @ VILLA!!! ALL STOCK MUST GO!!!

Doesn't look like he's going to get a fair crack of the whip, has he started 10 games for us yet? I think he'd have gone on to become a big player for us if Houllier had stayed in charge, just how things turn out I suppose.

Â