Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I honestly can't see why people are blaming Lerner on this one.

Makoun was bought for 5m , so Lerner backed his manager. Within about 4 games , the manager who bought him, dropped him.

Now at that stage, the old "give him time to settle, he needs a pre-season etc.." came out, and I can understand that.

But he has now had a pre-season, he has now had time to impress, and the fact is, the manager has picked Emile Heskey in a midfield role in front of him !. And, even when midfielders have been subbed, Bannan, ALbrighton have been preferred to him.

So, maybe, just maybe, the fact is, this is sod all to do with money and has everything to do with the fact that the manager just doesn't think he is that good !.

The manager is here now, you've got to let him build his own team, that will mean a lot of outs and some ins. Lets just see what happens before we slag everything to death.

The manager is here now, you've got to let him build his own team

It's that the problem though, we don't seem to be building a team. We really do need to bring in 2 or 3 quality players before the window closes, but it sounds like it'll be one at most, fantastic!

A friend of mine who is an Olympiacos fan just told me: "Makoun is going through medical tests tomorrow morning and then they will announce the deal. It's a one-year loan deal but there will definitely be a future transfer fee anywhere between 3-4 million euros. They are saying that Olympiacos will cover 100% of the player's contract for this year. I was really surprised that McLeish let him go."

Not really a big deal IF we bring someone else in. Otherwise no need to loan him out...

A decent player but not suited to the Premiership for me. Good luck to the lad though. Lets hope that he does OK for Olympiacos and they then pay a few quid for him at the end of his loan although by then he will be 29 so I'd imagine we'd be looking at getting a couple of mill back maybe.

The manager is here now, you've got to let him build his own team

It's that the problem though, we don't seem to be building a team. We really do need to bring in 2 or 3 quality players before the window closes, but it sounds like it'll be one at most, fantastic!

And maybe (and especially as he was only based 2.5 miles away) McLeish knew all about our youngsters, and prefers them to more expensive options that seem to care more about their ego and bank balance than the club.

I mean, Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley are being preferred to Berbatov and Ji Sung Park at the moment, I can't see anyone slagging off Fergie for it !.

I just dont get it at the minute. I keep hearing "it was those kids that nearly got us relegated". No it wasn't, the fact was, we were having to play on some occasions 8 kids last year. I can't remember what game it was but we had Herd, Hogg, Clark, Albrighton, Bannan and Lichaj start - god sake, you don't need to be a Premier manager to see it was too much pressure.

However it is different now. We have a solid spine.

Given, Collins, Dunne, Petrov, Heskey (at the moment) Gabby and Bent.

Now personally, although I know we need a couple of quality signings, I'd much prefer to give the likes of Bannan, Albrighton and co a go, and keep them at the club, than the likes of Reo-Coker, Makoun and co.

I keep hearing "we are letting go all our first team players". We have let 3 first team players go, Young / Downing and Freidal. Freidal has been replaced. One of the two wingers has been replaced.

But don't tell me we havent replaced NRC, Makoun etc... - they hardly played !!! - and if you do count them, then you may as well count Warnock as coming in !

2 players, that is all we need to be a very good side - and personally, I'll wait until 2301 on Wednesday before slagging the club / manager / board off.

(oh, by the way, it was confirmed by McLeish AND McCarthy over the weekend we made an enquiry for Jarvis - so we MUST have money !!)

I'm annoyed that it's yet another senior squad player let go. Ok, he's not set the world alight and seems to struggle with the physical side of the Premiership, but he most definately does need to be replaced. I am optimistic that we'll bring in at least two players before the window closes. Having no games to think about for a couple of weeks gives us some breathing space. With 72 hours left of the transfer window though, it certainly calls for some concentrating of the mind in terms of negotiating hard for players. Carrick, Jenas, Krancjar will no doubts get linked in between times. I will be stunned, amazed and very angry if McLeish isn't allowed to bring in players.

And to think in January people were proclaiming Houllier's activity in the window as being superior to anything O'Neill had achieved in his time here. It was a daft statement then, 8 months on it looks utterly ridiculous.

Makoun will go down as one of the more disappointing signings of recent years for me but moving him on certainly seems the best thing to do to me from what I've seen so far. That squad though like our attendances looks like it could keep getting smaller.

I disagree with that Trent. He's a good midfielder, and needed time to settle. And he hasn't really got a fair crack at the whip.

I'll still maintain that most people who were raving about the signing were doing so from a mixture of Wikipedia and Pro-Evo / Fifa 2010 !.

I can always remember saying after his debut something along the lines of "people on here were saying he was a better version of Patrick Viera" and that I couldn't believe we were talking about the same player.

Viera ? - in hindsight, he was a worse version of Barry Bannan. Maybe it was the style of football of the Premier League, but I don't think so somehow.

I disagree with that Trent. He's a good midfielder, and needed time to settle. And he hasn't really got a fair crack at the whip.

Houllier didn't play him, and now McLeish isn't. He's just not cut out for the rigours of the Premier League.

He was legitimately a great player in France, especially for Lille. I saw so with my own eyes.

For Aston Villa he's been a completely different player. Even accepting the difference in the leagues, he's been like night and day to what he's French performances showed.

And to think in January people were proclaiming Houllier's activity in the window as being superior to anything O'Neill had achieved in his time here. It was a daft statement then, 8 months on it looks utterly ridiculous.

Makoun will go down as one of the more disappointing signings of recent years for me but moving him on certainly seems the best thing to do to me from what I've seen so far. That squad though like our attendances looks like it could keep getting smaller.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I totally agree with you on this. I just hope that Bent isn't the next one targetted for the exit and we bring a couple of players in who can get te ball to him more regularly.

Spot on imo, he really impressed me at old trafford and I had high hopes...guys you're saying managers didn't pick him so he's not good enough by that rule yet we're playing Heskey in a midfield role rather than Ireland who was meant to have a crack. And as others clearly said last year Houlliers vision wasn't the best....that was said with poison last year so now he is right for not playing him when he was wrong last year?

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I totally agree with you on this. I just hope that Bent isn't the next one targetted for the exit and we bring a couple of players in who can get te ball to him more regularly.

Its not really hindsight though, Houllier's track record in the transfer market was there for all to see as were the numerous examples of players signed from France who were ill suited to the PL.

Â