Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Im sorry but mcleish wants big defensive players.. makoun is quality in possession.. as is ireland and bannan yet he chooses woeful heskey in the middle. Direct football is the way

Im sorry but mcleish wants big defensive players.. makoun is quality in possession.. as is ireland and bannan yet he chooses woeful heskey in the middle. Direct football is the way
you correct however under gh his tip tap midfield didnt work, its vital to stay unbeaten for as long as poss at the start of the season,points on the board.players like ireland & bannan time will come,i went to the midweek game & both ireland bannan & j2m played,looked very good but against a lower league side,ireland stood out with bannan,j2m looked missing

I for one see this as a positive move. If Makoun was never to be used in the first team then he will be no great loss. Good player but no point in having good players that are not to be played.

I also believe that McLeish would not state that the side was threadbare and needed strengthening and then let a midfielder go without having a replacement lined up (and one he will actually use) no manager is that stupid... are they?

The thing that baffles me about this is that the obvious replacements in Parker and Palacios have all but completed moves elsewhere. So there's a good chance that we're going to end up with one less squad player for the coming season and that's it.

Right, I'm totally pissed off right now to no end. Someone please tell me this is some kind of sick joke!

This will be our 20th player out and we have only signed two. Yes, two! I'm sorry, but if that isn't going backwards then I don't know what is.

Ideally we need five quality players in, yet I can see us being lucky to get one in. We are turning into an absolute joke.

Right, I'm totally pissed off right now to no end. Someone please tell me this is some kind of sick joke!

This will be our 20th player out and we have only signed two. Yes, two! I'm sorry, but if that isn't going backwards then I don't know what is.

Ideally we need five quality players in, yet I can see us being lucky to get one in. We are turning into an absolute joke.

20? Really?

Makoun, L. Young, Hogg, Weimann, Friedel, A. Young, Downing, Pires, Carew, NRC, Halfhuid, Salifou, Osbourne.

Are you including Walker and Bradley too or have we let 5-7 youth players go?

**** shocking stat though when you read it back.

20? Really?

Makoun, L. Young, Hogg, Weimann, Friedel, A. Young, Downing, Pires, Carew, NRC, Halfhuid, Salifou, Osbourne.

Of the 20 there is only really 4 that would get anywhere near the first team (Young, Downing, Reo Coker and Friedel) We've offloaded a lot of dead wood and replaced two of the 4 with Given and N'Zogbia. Bring in another winger and a defensive midfielder and we'll have reduced the wage bill and have a stronger squad for it.

This could be a move by Faulkner to cut the wage bill again. If we can get players on pay as you play deals it's better than paying them to sit on the bench.

I'd rather we replaced Makoun with nobody at all than Hargreaves. If your knees are gone, they're gone. Laursen managed a couple of seasons but as soon as his injuries flared up again that was it.

20? Really?

Of the 20 there is only really 4 that would get anywhere near the first team (Young, Downing, Reo Coker and Friedel) We've offloaded a lot of dead wood and replaced two of the 4 with Given and N'Zogbia. Bring in another winger and a defensive midfielder and we'll have reduced the wage bill and have a stronger squad for it.

Even though Walker was a loan, I'd still count him as part of the first team along with Carew. So that would be six IMO. Seven including the other Young.

I find this completely embarassing and feel for Makoun - brought into the club in January and shipped out in August....

He's got something our other midfielders don't have and that's an eye for a simple pass.

What was the point of signing him?

I find this completely embarassing and feel for Makoun - brought into the club in January and shipped out in August....

He's got something our other midfielders don't have and that's an eye for a simple pass.

What was the point of signing him?

I think since GH's departure and the clubs change in footballing philosophy his card has been marked.

20? Really?

Even though Walker was a loan, I'd still count him as part of the first team along with Carew. So that would be six IMO. Seven including the other Young.

Carew would not play ahead of Bent and Walker was never going to stay after an impressive season. Young. L would arguably be in the first team but at 31 would only have gotten slower and easier to beat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not kidding myself into thinking that we're not cutting back the squad too far at the minute but the 20 player argument holds no water. I mean come on, two of the 20 was Osborne and Pires.

As others have rightly pointed out, there are other players who should be way ahead of Makoun in the shipping out queue...

But I suppose the difference is, no other clubs are stupid enough to want to sign the likes of Beye, Heskey, Ireland etc!

I honestly thought Makoun fitted in well with the team, always looked comfortable on the ball but wasn't given a decent chance under AM.

I just hope we're going to sign a better replacement and not some crocked Canadian has-been.....

my faith in the board is waining as I type..

without knowing the inside on this story its hard to know, but you could equally say that Makoun hasn’t fitted in, that Makoun hasn’t settled, etc, etc. You might say that the club should do everything to make him feel wanted, but at the same time Makoun is a grown up, who should have it within himself to settle in, to fit in, etc, etc.

Houllier as a manager at Liverpool was noted for buying players and then losing faith in them; mainly purchased from French teams and it would seem ill suited to the English game and the mentality of the English league. Its possible that Houllier bought a player here who isn’t suited? Equally Makoun might be part of some Houllier masterplan, and he’s simply a victim of Houllier’s departure?

People seemed glad that Houllier had gone and with it his ‘masterplan’, Makoun was always likely to fail after that.

The real problem is that we have spent some money on a player who hasn’t worked out. Can we get some money in for him, or are the board going to release funds to do it? We need a CM who will play, not another player who never plays and becomes a better player because he doesn’t. If people want someone to blame I wouldn’t blame McLeish, its down to the board, down to Houllier and perhaps down to the player himself

I honestly believe that if Emile had already bagged 20 this season people would find a way to have a go

Emile Heskey has done more in the last 3 weeks than Makoun has done in 6 months. Thats why hes picked and Makoun is not

Â