Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Out of the list of players, (not including Makoun as apart from twitter, nothing concrete??)

Reo-Coker, Young, Downing, L.Young are the only one's I'd bring back that were permanently on our books. We've replaced Young/Downing with N'Zogbia.

So I think we've 'lost' 3 players since last season, weakened ourselves by signing N'Zogbia as a replacement for Young/Downing, although strengthened in goal.

So yeah, make a list as big as possible, we're only really, 3 players down. IMO we'll still get someone in before then anyway.

Three out of eleven is still quite a high number though mate. Especially if we are currently asking the likes of Heskey to play in midfield, Gabby as a winger and Petrov and Delph as minders. We simply HAVE to bring in two or three other players and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. As I said before, the General can then jump out of the cake and say "oh ye of little faith".

Out of the list of players, (not including Makoun as apart from twitter, nothing concrete??)

Reo-Coker, Young, Downing, L.Young are the only one's I'd bring back that were permanently on our books. We've replaced Young/Downing with N'Zogbia.

So I think we've 'lost' 3 players since last season, weakened ourselves by signing N'Zogbia as a replacement for Young/Downing, although strengthened in goal.

So yeah, make a list as big as possible, we're only really, 3 players down. IMO we'll still get someone in before then anyway.

Three out of eleven is still quite a high number though mate. Especially if we are currently asking the likes of Heskey to play in midfield, Gabby as a winger and Petrov and Delph as minders. We simply HAVE to bring in two or three other players and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. As I said before, the General can then jump out of the cake and say "oh ye of little faith".

Yep, we need to sign players, as said. Just making the point, the '19 out, 2 in' ...makes it out as if we somehow have lost all these first team players and we're a completely different team. Most of them have barely even featured for us.

3 down, hopefully slightly rectified if we sign another player as McLeish said we will do.

No doubt we are weaker and SHOULD sign 2-4 players but think people are making it a bigger issue than it is.

Only surprise is people haven't been counting the staff to keep upping the number to make it as sound worse as possible.

Not happy with this at all, though it does have an air of inevitability. Makoun was just beginning to show signs for me, but once Houllier departed you just knew it was a matter of time.

Whats of more concern is that the board don't seem in as much of a rush to replace these guys with some quality so that we CAN compete!

6 of starting 11 players have gone since the last game we won against Liverpool and we have only replaced 2. That's poor no matter how many Randy loyalists try to paint a pretty picture.

Walker doesn't really count as you are always going to lose him after a 5 month loan. In reality, Warnock has come back into the frame, we've lost 5 from that game.

Replaced 2, we've lost 3 players, as said.....poor and we should be signing a few more players and I'm disappointed in the board. Hopefully can bring in 1/2 before window closes and we'll be looking at least competitive for a top 8 finish.

19 out...

2 short term loans.

Pires, Salifou, Osbourne, Hogg, Carew, Sidwell. A bunch of youngsters.

No doubt we SHOULD sign another 2-4 players but some people make it seem as if we should be replacing these players. :lol:

Don't think we should replace all those players either, 2 to 4 should be what we are looking at, but the signals from Eck are we are looking to bring 1 in.

Walker on loan was an important player for us also last season. We have no depth if we come across injuries we'll be more in the shit than we were last season. What if Dunne/Collins get injured, they are prone to them. McLiesh built his Birmingham backline on a solid central partnership, when one got injured, they fell apart.

On another note, Albrighton's looked poor for 6-8 months now also and really needs to step up his game.

Top 8 is unrealistic even if we bought 2 players. But if we did, I'd say the top 2 aspects we should focus on is a defensive midfielder to protect the defence and to close space so opponents don't find it easy to jog through our midfield and a top notch supply line for Bent.

We'll have to hope Herd can do a very good job at RB because if rumours are true that Hutton is 6m, then the board should stick to their guns and not be ripped off. If we do pay that much for him, I can't see how we've progressed financially in the window since MON and it would make the board look clueless for the umpteeth time.

Top 8 is unrealistic even if we bought 2 players. But if we did, I'd say the top 2 aspects we should focus on is a defensive midfielder to protect the defence and to close space so opponents don't find it easy to jog through our midfield and a top notch supply line for Bent.

We'll have to hope Herd can do a very good job at RB because if rumours are true that Hutton is 6m, then the board should stick to their guns and not be ripped off. If we do pay that much for him, I can't see how we've progressed financially in the window since MON and it would make the board look clueless for the umpteeth time.

No it isn't, top 8 isn't even unrealistic right now. Everyone past the current top 6 isn't that strong.

Other teams are strengthening but they are no stronger than us. Teams may be on our level but there isn't any side baring the top 6 that I'd say 'well they are quite clearly too strong for us' ....top 8 will be tough and competitive but it's a realistic goal. 7th is the aim really. (whether we do that is another question)

I think Cuellar will be RB if we don't sign another RB. will be the same defence that finished 6th not long ago. Still have other good players, Petrov, Delph, Zog, Gabby, Bent etc...we're one of the stronger teams outside top 6.

I remember when I used to laugh at the Scouser's pathetic treatment of Lucas - and look how persevering with him has now paid dividends. I think if J2M has gone to Greece that'll be it for him here, which is a great shame.

Un **** believable..........another one goes out the door.

Lerner is a vampire, and will bleed this club dry until people start to wake up, and stop kissing his arse!!!!

Get ready for others, because General Napalms continued absence points to worse news to come. :twisted:

Never mind, Lerner is a nice man :oops:

Â