Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

this actually makes me excited - if we need someone who's not physical and can just pass it, that player is bannan or ireland. What we need is a midfielder with experience and drive. If Makoun going allows us to get Hargreaves, Parker or similar, it's a good deal.

I have to say that Makoun is the oldest looking 28 year old black guy I have ever seen.

Martins is a lot older looking and only 27.

Think this could be a loss as he is a talented player but probably right player at the wrong time

903067.jpg

Get in my belly!

Gutted about Makoun going, not only because I got Makoun on my new shirt (I thought when I got it, that he would be here this season, being a new signing and all), but also because he has genuinely quality, just needed more time on the pitch.

Makoun's a technically good player, but his vision and one touch passes need players to move quickly into space to anticipate them and Villa can't do that well enough. If he's not going to play then a move is probably the best thing for him and the club.

What do we get out of loaning him out? I'm assuming they'l be paying his wages in full, but apart from that, he's not bringing in any money for a replacement which means we won't get one.

So, we're losing another good player, and replacing him with nobody?

My oh my..

I wouldn't go that far Papillon (we still have Stan, N'Zogbia and the midfield maestro Heskey) but it does leave us with only 13 senior players (i'm not including the youth promoted to the first team to supplement numbers)

Given, Guzan, Marshall, Beye, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Gabby, Bent, Heskey, Ireland

The likes of Clark, Albrighton, Delph, Bannan and Delfouneso are hardly experienced first team players.

Disgraceful!

We have NO midfielders!

Except we do, of course.

We are playing 4-3-3 and have:

for the midfield 3:

-Petrov

-Ireland

-Delph

-Bannan

-Gardner

-Clark can play there

for the attacking 3:

-Bent

-Nzogbia

-Gabby

-Albrighton

-Fonz

-Heskey

We're thin on the ground, but listen to me for a minute:

THERE IS NO WAY IN THIS WORLD McLEISH WOULD HAVE LET YOUNG, HOGG AND MAKOUN GO WITHOUT HAVING PLAYERS READY TO BRING IN.

What do we get out of loaning him out? I'm assuming they'l be paying his wages in full, but apart from that, he's not bringing in any money for a replacement which means we won't get one.

So, we're losing another good player, and replacing him with nobody?

My oh my..

No, we'll use the loan money to get someone in on loan that McLeish thinks can do a job straight away, supporting the younger players.

****, ****, fuuuuck. Our squad is paper thin and we release him?! (albeit on a loan)

replacing him with nobody?

That's the whole problem, all fine if the manager thinks he's not the player he needs but it seems quite obvious that we don't have the numbers to sustain a 38-game league campaign if we don't get in replacements quick, and judging from his interviews, I don't think we will get more than 1 or 2 new players before the end of the window. That is, unless we want to start roping in the U18s.

Makoun arriving to sign for Olympiacos:

Can't blame him for going somewhere he's appreciated, and now he'll play alongside Mellberg aswell. Apparently the buy-out clause is 3.5 million euros

The mood among the fans seem a bit happier at Olympiacos then here...

Excellent work another player who is contributing very little off the wage bill.

Get ready for action. I see at least 3 new recruits whether they are signings or loans I'm not to fussed.

I'll be amazed and then very very angry if we see no transfers in

Â