Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

My fear Pete165, is we'll be too reliant on the youth and potentially ruin them before their careers with us have begun.

It's pretty much like we were 6-8 years ago. Whittingham started out pretty much like Albrighton and there was a lot of hope for him but he got overplayed, couldn't handle it and shipped out.

Steven Davis, another cracking little player pretty much the same, even with Craig 'Tina' Garnder there was too much pressure and his chance was spoilt and he never quite got that starting berth. (you could even include the Moore brothers)

I really rate our crop of youngsters and think we churn out some decent players with great potential but blood them sensibly, alongside good professionals. Currently we have 13 'senior' players in the first team set-up - that just isn't good enough.

The Arsenal debarcle over the weekend should be a warning against reliance on too many youth players.

Asked about Makoun possibly leaving Villa, McLeish admitted: "It's possible but we wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in."

JUST BE **** PATIENT.

So he's going to replace Makoun, Downing and Luke Young before 11pm Wednesday?

Righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

:lol::lol:

If we bring someone in then who cares. A player who won't be missed as all he was fit for in the league is warming the bench.

We have better players than him and we have players that have the potential to be better than him.

Ashley young is a player that you miss, makoun is not.

I look forward to reading this thread after every draw or loss and reading how makoun would have made the difference.

Asked about Makoun possibly leaving Villa, McLeish admitted: "It's possible but we wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in."

JUST BE **** PATIENT.

Not Downing of course! I meant Makoun. We SOLD Downing to get some money in and we probably aren't going to spend it. Just ACCEPT that - we DO NOT HAVE THE CASH. You might not like it but move on! The hope is clearly that with Gabby contributing more and adapting to play wide, Nzogbia is the replacement for Downing and Young combined - of course none of us like that, but we are CUTTING DOWN. Why can't people get that?!!!!!

What I am saying is that the Makoun loan deal is being done to get someone else in.

I still dont get why he has been let go, he has played a handfull of games, not even enough to let him settle in yet and he's emptying his locker already..

The game is all about opinions and Makoun clearly splits the opinions of an awful lot of us. Thankfully AM doesn't rate him :D and has shipped him out.

It happens all the time managers have to do it their way. Go on any club forums and there are supporters wondering why their manager has let a certain player go.

JUST BE **** PATIENT.

Not Downing of course! I meant Makoun. We SOLD Downing to get some money in and we probably aren't going to spend it. Just ACCEPT that - we DO NOT HAVE THE CASH. You might not like it but move on! The hope is clearly that with Gabby contributing more and adapting to play wide, Nzogbia is the replacement for Downing and Young combined - of course none of us like that, but we are CUTTING DOWN. Why can't people get that?!!!!!

What I am saying is that the Makoun loan deal is being done to get someone else in.

I'm referring to the quote from McLeish, "wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in" - which is bull as you've just explained

We really are wafer thin squad wise now and when injury and suspensions bite I think we will hear DO'Ls lament on squad size ringing in our ears once again but what we will have left then will be a good honest bunch of lads... :winkold:

JUST BE **** PATIENT.

I'm referring to the quote from McLeish, "wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in" - which is bull as you've just explained

It's not as simple as that. You don't just get the player in and then let Makoun go. Sometimes it's the other way round - as in this case. Just breathe and come back in three days to see who replaced him.

JUST BE **** PATIENT.

It's not as simple as that. You don't just get the player in and then let Makoun go. Sometimes it's the other way round - as in this case. Just breathe and come back in three days to see who replaced him.

Makoun, Ashley Young, Luke Young, Downing - that's 4 players, so far replaced with 1 and even if he's only looking to replace Makoun, it's highly unlikely that we'l sign somebody better than him with 3 days left in the window.

Might not be his fault, we may not have any money, but surely it makes no sense to keep offloading players unless we can get better quality in.

Â