Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Asked about Makoun possibly leaving Villa, McLeish admitted: "It's possible but we wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in."

JUST BE **** PATIENT.

So he's going to replace Makoun, Downing and Luke Young before 11pm Wednesday?

Righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Not Downing of course! I meant Makoun. We SOLD Downing to get some money in and we probably aren't going to spend it. Just ACCEPT that - we DO NOT HAVE THE CASH. You might not like it but move on! The hope is clearly that with Gabby contributing more and adapting to play wide, Nzogbia is the replacement for Downing and Young combined - of course none of us like that, but we are CUTTING DOWN. Why can't people get that?!!!!!

What I am saying is that the Makoun loan deal is being done to get someone else in.

I'm referring to the quote from McLeish, "wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in" - which is bull as you've just explained

It's not as simple as that. You don't just get the player in and then let Makoun go. Sometimes it's the other way round - as in this case. Just breathe and come back in three days to see who replaced him.

Makoun, Ashley Young, Luke Young, Downing - that's 4 players, so far replaced with 1 and even if he's only looking to replace Makoun, it's highly unlikely that we'l sign somebody better than him with 3 days left in the window.

Might not be his fault, we may not have any money, but surely it makes no sense to keep offloading players unless we can get better quality in.

It isn't about someone better than Makoun - it's about who the manager wants and needs and where his priorities lie.

We are slowly turning into a boring ex PL team called Birmingham....why the hell was he playing in almost all pre season matches if he wasnt going to be in McLeishs plans?

We are slowly turning into a boring ex PL team called Birmingham....why the hell was he playing in almost all pre season matches if he wasnt going to be in McLeishs plans?

Er perhaps so he could see him play and make a decision on if he wanted him to be part of the team this season.

Seems fairly bloody obvious to me.

So AM could see for himself just how useless he'd be in the premiership and now the manager has acted accordingly

Some right tossers running [ruining] this football club. Yeah sure, he may not be in first team plans but who the **** are we going to get in at this stage? We have to make some serious moves before the end of this window.

ive sat by, read all the opinions, tried to see the positives in the choices the board and management are making.....

but now ive really got to ask....WHAT THE F*UCK IS GOING ON WITH OUR CLUB???

are we just going to have 11 players and hope we never suffer injuries or loss of form! im am seriously pissed off!!

Petrov - Over the top, slow and mediocre. A good PL standard midfielder, but would never get into a top-6 squad

Delph - Very exiting talent, but that is all he is at the moment. Will have dips in form surely, which is dangerous for a tiny squad

Bannan - Some tricks in his book, but is not even in the exiting talent-bracket for my liking. Never good enough for the first-XI this year

Ireland - Most likely never going to reach his former level, and even then he was kept going because he had players next to him who made him able to do his magic.

This central midfield material is incredibly poor. Makoun was not a certain starter, but we all knew he had to get used to the Prem and the city. That can take 6 months and even a year, with no injuries. So he wanted a move. Tough shit, many players want to go other places.

Petrov - Over the top, slow and mediocre. A good PL standard midfielder, but would never get into a top-6 squad

Delph - Very exiting talent, but that is all he is at the moment. Will have dips in form surely, which is dangerous for a tiny squad

Bannan - Some tricks in his book, but is not even in the exiting talent-bracket for my liking. Never good enough for the first-XI this year

Ireland - Most likely never going to reach his former level, and even then he was kept going because he had players next to him who made him able to do his magic.

This central midfield material is incredibly poor. Makoun was not a certain starter, but we all knew he had to get used to the Prem and the city. That can take 6 months and even a year, with no injuries. So he wanted a move. Tough shit, many players want to go other places.

Where has Makoun said he wanted a move? The only thing I've read is that he wanted to stay, which came straight from the horse's mouth. Obviously not enough for a select few, but definitely a better attitude than certain players in our squad have displayed in recent times.

Yes that does seem odd. Although not a makoun fan i was suprised when delph got the nod v fulham. I can only think he was part of AM's plans - until Olympious got interested - AM realised he wasn't staying so no point playing him for two games.

It could also suggest that if a bid for player comes in AM doesn't have much say in the matter.

Er perhaps so he could see him play and make a decision on if he wanted him to be part of the team this season.

Oh, so gets loaned to a league thats not even close to PL in terms of quality or style? Why didnt he just give him a chance in the league and then decide? What was the point when he was playing well in preseason to drop him and then ship him out? Nothing about this makes sense

Oh, so gets loaned to a league thats not even close to PL in terms of quality or style? Why didnt he just give him a chance in the league and then decide? What was the point when he was playing well in preseason to drop him and then ship him out? Nothing about this makes sense

You asked why he played him in pre-season only to ship him out. The answer was to look at him and make his mind up about him which he has clearly done and then he has shipped him out. That makes perfect sense even if you don't like it or are unable to see it.

That Greek football is nothing like the Premier League is kind of the point isn't it. As for why not give him a chance in the PL because McLeish doesn't want him, he is the manager its his choice and we I presume can't afford to waste money on wages for a player not in the managers plans.

It will if he's been told if he wants to bring in a CM, he has to let someone go ...and he does indeed have someone lined up which I can only imagine is the case?

Too continental for AM

Well forgive me for not trusting a manager who sees Heskey as a good choice for some kind of attacking midfielder....

You asked why he played him in pre-season only to ship him out. The answer was to look at him and make his mind up about him which he has clearly done and then he has shipped him out. That makes perfect sense even if you don't like it or are unable to see it.

That Greek football is nothing like the Premier League is kind of the point isn't it. As for why not give him a chance in the PL because McLeish doesn't want him, he is the manager its his choice and we I presume can't afford to waste money on wages for a player not in the managers plans.

Someone from the club needs to open their mouth and start **** talking. Paul Faulkner would be a start, this is a joke. Finally buy a strikers to finish and then sell the talent around him, what is the point.

How many pl games did Makoun play? Players take time to settle.

I've had enough of this shambles, I want FAULKNER OUT.

What I don't get is why are some of the fans happy that we've gotten rid of Makoun and have no issue with Ireland still being in our team?

Ever since the guy has put the Villa shirt on literally everything has gone to shit. His debut was 6-0 against Newcastle and his next game was 2-3 Rapid Vienna. He is a very lazy player who doesn't backtrack leaving plenty of space for the opponents to riot our midfield. Worst of all he must be on double or triple the wages than Makoun and has contributed even less. Ireland also hasn't had a good word to say about the club (did everyone forget the shit he came out with when he went to Newcastle on loan), where as Makoun has left quitely and profesionally. But yet we've got fans on here (like literally) happy that his left over Ireland.

Makes no logical sense.

Someone from the club needs to open their mouth and start **** talking. Paul Faulkner would be a start, this is a joke. Finally buy a strikers to finish and then sell the talent around him, what is the point.

How many pl games did Makoun play? Players take time to settle.

I've had enough of this shambles, I want FAULKNER OUT.

I think he's appeared in 8 games for us, which is nothing really!

Faulkner needs to start talking, he did enough of it when writing me a letter asking me to renew!

Â