Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun was bought by Houllier and therefore is evidence if you like that Houllier is a numbskull. Ever seen me say Darren Bent is rubbish? He was a Houllier purchase, he's been rather good, that doesn't mean Houllier wasn't a numbskull though

on that basis then ferguson a numbskull for signing kleberson and djemba djemba

everyone manager signs a dud or two

Rarely do they manage to sign as many as Houllier, just check out the players he signed at Liverpool (the full list, not just the one's you can think of), I guarantee you've never heard of half of them, those you have most of them sank without a trace after they left Liverpool.

to be fair though im not actually interested in who he signed back then just who he signed with us.

ireland wasnt signed by him. bent was good signing. makoun for me wasnt given a fair opportunity. walker on loan was a good signing.

houllier gave bannan, clark and albrighton more of a chance than mon did, so he give youngsters a chance to be fair to houllier

Not happy about this at all. If hes not in AMC plans then why not get a fee for him? Also, the 'agreed' fee that we have apparently agreed with Olympiakos is only 3.5m Euros? WTF?!?! To say we're trying to cut costs and save money Randy really does like pissing his money up the wall doesnt he?

Our best midfielder sold on the cheap. Grreat stuff. Mind you, did you see the reception the Olympiakos fans gave him? Awesome. They even already have a song for him. Thats what you want when joining a new club, not the doom and gloom thats hanging over everything Villa related atm.

Makoun was bought by Houllier and therefore is evidence if you like that Houllier is a numbskull. Ever seen me say Darren Bent is rubbish? He was a Houllier purchase, he's been rather good, that doesn't mean Houllier wasn't a numbskull though

Rarely do they manage to sign as many as Houllier, just check out the players he signed at Liverpool (the full list, not just the one's you can think of), I guarantee you've never heard of half of them, those you have most of them sank without a trace after they left Liverpool.

As opposed to McLeish's excellent signing record with the Blues?

Think he signed some decent players before he had his heart problems, afterwards he wasnt the same.. Nearly dying floating around in your head, mixed with trying to run a football club would I think have some effect on your performance as a manager..His mind wouldnt have been 100% on the job in hand.

However over time your mindset changes when you've been through a major scare/surgery etc..And you get used to the fact you have problems, it gets put to back of your head and you can continue your life as normal..

Its like you kinda learn and get used to your situation..

Its like suddenly losing a leg or arm...At 1st its a shock to your system and you wouldnt function at 100% in your mind at work...But latter in life when you get used to having lost a leg or arm, you just get on with life...Time is great healer. And Houllier's time EVER as a poor manager(if you want to find a moment of poor management) before he joined us, was during his illness setback.

Wasnt it 4 and bit million sterling? About 5m Euro at the time. Shame really. I don't think he's been given a fair crack at the whip.

usual issue of when you want to highlight a bad purchase you exaggerate the price to suit your argument to make it sound worse than it was. And vice versa etc.

I remember variously as and when it suited respected arguments Petrov and Davies' transfer fees seem to veer from £6-9m in the formers case and £8-10mil in the latter.

I don't blame him for leaving, have you see the support they get? Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYLRzncHzzc. Who wouldn't want to play for support like that?

Compared to the pantomime villain reception he gets from some sections of our support....yeah, i can see why he went.

Sorry to be picky but you clearly can't.

Him going had nothing to do with the fans who either don't rate him or were unsure about him and everything to do with the manager not rating him.

I don't blame him for leaving, have you see the support they get? Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYLRzncHzzc. Who wouldn't want to play for support like that?

Compared to the pantomime villain reception he gets from some sections of our support....yeah, i can see why he went.

Sorry to be picky but you clearly can't.

Him going had nothing to do with the fans who either don't rate him or were unsure about him and everything to do with the manager not rating him.

Trent,

There was a thread on here not so long ago, concerning our relationship with some big New York agency, and stating that the club was trying to force players to drop there current agents, for them, and that if they did not sign, the club could make it difficult for them.

Im proberly grasping straws here, but could all this that is happening now, be related?

Â