Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I'm pretty disappointed as I was expecting Makoun to be the lynchpin of our midfield this season. However, it's obvious that McLeish doesn't fancy him and the way he wants to play and I suspect that Makoun was really a sacrifice to be made in the name of getting in someone he does fancy. Hopefully.

You can also see by the way that McLeish has used his subs so far this season he will be pushing the young fellows as much as possible, so I am assuming that he sees Makoun as offering nothing that Bannan doesn't and would thus play Bannan every time, and maybe even Gardner.

My main worry though is if Petrov or Delph go down we start to look thin - we don't even have Hogg as backup any more.

My main worry though is if Petrov or Delph go down we start to look thin - we don't even have Hogg as backup any more.

Even worse, Salifou is no longer here to save the day.

Well that's another departure then!

He leaves without any of us being able to form an opinion on him due to his lack of game time.

I just hope that they have replacements lined up and agreed? If not, there will be trouble me thinks!!

Typical Houllier signing. A player with an inappropriate skill set for the job he's expected to do.

It was obvious after the Wigan game alone that he was never a player that would shine in the Premier League apart from the odd game against relatively non-combative midfields (i.e. Man Utd & Fulham), so far off the pace and mindset of the PL that he got booked in every single game he played I think.

City should have shipped out Dzeko this summer since he was such a failure last season. Shit player, clearly not cut out for PL.

Would you say Delp is far off the pace and mindset in the PL?

Ever considered giving a player more then what? 6 apps, 4 from start? Over a course of half a season to adapt?

Didn't even have time to get match fit, sure as hell didn't have time to adapt to the PL.

When you're saying that Munited has a none-combative midfielde, are you talking in general or about that game only?

The Dzeko situation is completely different. He was bought by mancini so clearly the manager is going to stick with him while Mcleish didn't buy Makoun. Dzeko was a star in his old team and cost a lot more, he also has the physical attributes he just couldn't get it right last season. Both players had the pre season to sort themselves out and clearly Dzeko did while Makoun has still looked average.

No big loss and his wages should be put towards a more useful player.

City should have shipped out Dzeko this summer since he was such a failure last season. Shit player, clearly not cut out for PL.

Being as I have 100% confidence in the fact I never said that or anything remotely like it, I can't see why you'd even mention it.

We are talking about Makoun here, a Villa player, bought by the numbskull Houllier.

Been covered on here in the last few pages.

He's a good player who hasnt adapted to the league, would have liked to have seen him get a few more games but looks like Eck doesnt fancy him.

No major loss, if we get too many injuries we can always call him back.

Hopefully his wages are used elsewhere.

Time to move on

Being as I have 100% confidence in the fact I never said that or anything remotely like it, I can't see why you'd even mention it.

We are talking about Makoun here, a Villa player, bought by the numbskull Houllier.

I think your last point is the reason a lot of people didn't want to give Makoun a chance. Pretty pathetic, if true.

I think your last point is the reason a lot of people didn't want to give Makoun a chance. Pretty pathetic, if true.

Makoun isn't suited to the PL (3 managers haven't picked him now), he's not leaving because of any fan pressure, he's leaving because the club have realised they could do with reducing the wage bill and Makoun isn't about to hit the first team any time soon. It's not about us as fans not giving him a chance, it's about the managers who've had him not picking him

Makoun was bought by Houllier and therefore is evidence if you like that Houllier is a numbskull. Ever seen me say Darren Bent is rubbish? He was a Houllier purchase, he's been rather good, that doesn't mean Houllier wasn't a numbskull though

the fact of the matter is that it seemed that Houllier towards the end of his reign and GMac didn’t have that much faith in him and preferred others. Of course he might have been part of GH masterplan which involved Benzema et al all signing and Makoun would have been running it all, but somehow I doubt it.

Well we have Bannan, Delph, Ireland and Petrov left for the middle of park. Hopefully we get someone in before end of window, otherwise it's only going to be relegation battle. In my mind it is insane to loan out Makoun 2 days before window closes and before we have secured replacement.

Makoun was bought by Houllier and therefore is evidence if you like that Houllier is a numbskull. Ever seen me say Darren Bent is rubbish? He was a Houllier purchase, he's been rather good, that doesn't mean Houllier wasn't a numbskull though

I didn't accuse you directly Bicks.

Even so, everyone knows and knew about Darren Bent so we knew it was a safe purchase. I still think that some people saw us buying a lesser known player from France and thought 'Oh great, Houllier's bought some foreign crap' and use that as their basis to form their opinion without giving him a chance.

I admit he's had some below-average games, but I still think he could be a good player in the Prem. If he played with more players around him that could join up his passes and get on his wavelength, I think he would prove some doubters wrong.

on that basis then ferguson a numbskull for signing kleberson and djemba djemba

everyone manager signs a dud or two

Â