Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have heard it wrong but Robbie Keane says deal was never on the table at Blues and they were just looking for publicity!

I don't want to clog the thread but there is trouble ahead at that club lot more than people realise . Could be the new Portsmouth if they are not very careful

Fingers crossed...

UPDATE ON OS!

Villa are aware that supporters are waiting patiently for news on Darren Bent.

The club have nothing to confirm at present but rest assured, when there is any news to release, you'll be updated here first.

Stay tuned to www.avfc.co.uk for more.

Thanks for nothing Villa :lol:

Ha at Blues and Keane. Tbh I thought they were a match made in heaven. Both shit.

And for anyone listening to this Sunderland fool trying to ruin what is undoubtedly a day of celebration for us, think back over the past year.

Heartbreak at Wembley twice

Milner ditching

MON ditching

Ireland being shite

6-0

Us being shite

Knocked out by Rapid Vienna

GH being shite

Failing to beat SHA on 3 occasions

Relegation scrap

We deserve some **** time off. And we deserve some good news. It's all good from here. Trust.

Who's the stunner in red on SSN. Yikes!

Sweet Jesus.... I think I have a new favourite sky sports news presenter lady...

This is the most important question of the afternoon.

I may have heard it wrong but Robbie Keane says deal was never on the table at Blues and they were just looking for publicity!

I don't want to clog the thread but there is trouble ahead at that club lot more than people realise . Could be the new Portsmouth if they are not very careful

Whey!

Heard about this too, basically their finances rely on them finishing 9th again but are rescuable as long as they stay in the Prem, if they dont stay in the Prem they could be ****. FA supposedly taking a look at their finances in depth in March

£18m smacks of desperation and I think we've had your pants down here.

Yeah, we take your best player off you without any of your fans knowing about it and you've pulled our pants down... :?

Winner! :lol:

UPDATE ON OS!

The club have nothing to confirm at present but rest assured, when there is any news to release, you'll be updated here first.

They know VT is in meltdown :!:

Sweet Jesus.... I think I have a new favourite sky sports news presenter lady...

YES! I'm a Villan but I still have a cock and it's asking questions!

Exactly. To hell with Bent, Play her up front and I'll go to every game, even if we're in the conference

Better that Georgie???

I hate being at work.

Have any of you genuinely watched Darren Bent carefully for a series of games? And if so, are you pleased with this deal?

Yep.

he's not playing that well this season, but still has 8 league goals in 20 appearances.

Gyan, who many are saying is much better, has 7 in 19 appearances.

And that's with Bent "not playing well".

The fee is huge, too much. But in terms of the player we're getting, i'm very happy.

Four of Bent's league goals are from the penalty spot.

Gyan has made 19 appearances but 11 of those are from the bench when he first signed and was settling in.

All 20 of Bent's appearances are starts, and 19 of those games he finished.

Make no mistake about it, Bent is "not playing well".

Gyan has five assists in three months. Bent has one assist in 18 months.

£18m smacks of desperation and I think we've had your pants down here.

Ok, so he's scored 8 goals in 20 starts. That's still nearly 1 in 2. If he scores 8 in his remaining games this season for Villa I'd be ecstatic.

Penalties? I don't care if his goals came from penalties. They're still goals, and we need a penalty taker as Ashley Young is about as consistent as Wigan Athletic.

And all this when he's been not playing well because he has, apparently, wanted a move since August. Which would suggest if and when we get him playing well, those stats will improve.

I say again, I'm more than happy with the signing. I'm not happy with the fee, but think it's a worthy sacrifice.

Oh, and tezzaleed speaks for no-one but himself. He's posting for a reaction, nothing more.

Nope just positng my opinion. I'm genuinely horrified by this deal. I think there's a lot more to being a manager than picking good players. I think this will place too big a burden on our wage bill and spunk all our transfer budget up one dead end wall. I'm not going to bother trying to convince you or anyone on here that this is nothing other than the rise of a new Messiah. I'm just agreeing Sunderland and Tottenham fans who are all probably laughing their faces off at the fee.

Everyone else sees a great new striker. I see a wasted oppurtunity as we blow the biggest transfer this club has ever paid on a bag of tosh because we're currently not in a position to attract real quality like Saurez.

I love that the OS has no mention of Bent, just waiting for the confirmation to unleash the full payload of this bombshell :D

Oh yes they have!

Not signed yet but looks like it's on!!

They must have added that about 30 seconds after I posted :shock:

Perhaps they saw my message 8)

UPDATE ON OS!

They know VT is in meltdown :!:

do they also know that wiggyrichards misses is on a promise if DB signs?

What a small heath fan has stuck on facebook...

'Very satisfied my club is not running itself into debt with panic buys. Money talks but doesn't bring passionate and committed players. And looking at the Darren Bent transfer fiasco's from Charlton, Totenham and sunderland, he most certainly lacks passion and commitment to his clubs. Good luck to him though, he has already made his new club look like mugs'

:crylaugh:

Better that Georgie???

I hate being at work.

not sure if anyone is better than Georgie to be honest...

This one looks like she'd do bold things to you though