Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of interest how does his goal scoring record compare to lets say Rooney or Drogba over a select period, I suspect he doesnt come close at all and it may be difficult to look up the figure.

List me the number of PL forwards who have played all throughout that period and stayed injury-free??

It's an easy stat to roll out but goals-per-game is the only fair way to do it as there'll only be a handful of players who've been playing regularly in the premier league over that period.

81 goals in the past six and a half seasons for Bent I think - obviously skewed by the fact that 20% are penalties whilst Rooney/Drogba don't take their team's penalties. I'd wager Rooney and Drogba have played a lot less games over those six years than Bent has.

Make no mistake, he's a decent signing for you, but £18m is outrageous given his form and it's no suprise that this will all be getting done in the space of about 36hours.

SELL SELL SELL!!!!

Whilst Drogba does indeed not take many penalties, Wayne Rooney does take penalties for United. However whilst you make good points about being injury free etc, the main point of all this is overlooked. You see Drogba and Rooney have only scored that extra goal playing in class title challenging sides, Bent has done so whilst partly playing for a very shit small time side called Sunderland.

£18m smacks of desperation and I think we've had your pants down here.

That smacks of bitterness

Didnt Newcastle fans say something similar when we payed 12 million for milner ?

Yep, Newcastle fans felt they should take the money and run and we were going to be left looking silly over the deal.

They went down, Milner became Young Player of the Year and moved on for £30m. Oh how silly we looked.

just out of interest how does his goal scoring record compare to lets say Rooney or Drogba over a select period, I suspect he doesnt come close at all and it may be difficult to look up the figure.

what period did you have in mind?

Unsure, I dont know lets say since August 2005

EH? I bet those have at least .... say 80 goals each

May have been posted already but;

Drogba = 82 RPL Goals

Rooney = 82 Premier League Goals

Bent = 81 Premier League Goals

People have said to me today.. "Why does he wanna play for Villa?" Money aside.....

My response.. well unlike the great unwashed he's probably actually sat & watched some of our games drooling over the balls coming into the box off Downing, Albrighton & Young & thought " I'd have had a hat-trick if I'd have been playing for them today!"

Darren Bent for Villa, he wears the Claret and Blue

He cost a load of WONGA, but he's better than Carew

He can score with his left foot, he can score with his right

And when he's down Broad Street he'll score all ****ing night!

Since 2005:

Drogba 81

Rooney 80.5

Bent 732

Sorry if already posted.

SHA Forum .......

Brilliant. Yet another Darren bent thread where we come across as bitter, trying to find a way to turn this into a negative. Trust me, no matter how we dress this up or try to make out that this is a waste of money.....it ain't. He has a phenomenal record for scoring goals and the sooner we accept it as a good signing for the twelve toers the better, let's just move on for fecks sake. The vile are a bigger club: deal with it. Players like Darren bent don't come to my club, which is why we r linked to the robbie keanes and Kenny millers of this world. It's sad but its true, but I've had it for the past 35 years.

Aint it great being a Villa fan! 8)

Break down of the Stats

Bent - 186 Premier League Games (Inc Sub Apperances) - 81 Goals - 2.3 Games per Goal

Rooney - 172 Premier League Games (Inc Sun Apperances) - 82 Goals - 2.1 Games per Goal

Drogbe - 159 Premier League Games (Inc Sun Apperances) - 82 Goals - 1.94 Games Per Goal