Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Niallquinnsdiscopants, why dont you go and play around your own and stop making a tit of yourself.

We know all about Darren Bent thanks, and we're quite happy. You wont convince us otherwise.

He'll get fantastic service here and his brilliant goal scoring record will improve if anything.

Please stop flogging that dead horse now and return to your straw clutching duties, there's a good chap.

Hows that then? Sunderland season ticket? Tottenham season ticket?

I'm just passing on the facts mate - you all seem to be hanging your hats on a very skewed statistic that puts him in the Drogba/Rooney bracket when in fact 81 goals in six years only equates to an average of 13 goals a year. If Rooney and Drogba took their sides penalties they'd both have well over 100 goals in the same period, from less games.

There's a big reason why those three are the top three scorers over the past 6 years - they're three of the VERY FEW strikers who've been playing regularly in the Premiership during that period.

If you break it down to (a) goals-per-game or (B) recent form he's not nearly as impressive, and to be honest that's something that's dawned on us since we've seen Gyan and Wellbeck.

He'll score a few goals for you but you could get someone to do that for less than 10m; about £5m if you went abroad and knew what you were looking for.

Instead you've panicked and bid about double the market value for a badly out of form striker who isn't even currently the second best striker at his club (like I say, please feel free to look through the thread on our board for about the last six months - it is regularly mooted that he shouldn't be in the side).

I understand the wheels have come off, and that you're in dire straits, but this is probably the most outrageous panic buy in Premier League history. There's a reason that it's going to go through in less than 36 hours - the selling club can't get this done quick enough.

1) Both Rooney and Drogba has taken a fair few penalties along the way.

2) Bent has infact missed penalties both at Sunderland and Spurs, ie his stats could have been even better.

3) Bent obviously hasn't been happy at Sunderland these past 6 months. Once he's settled at Villa his form will pick up and he will start banging in the goals again.

4) If Bent's goals keep us up then this will be as far away from a panic buy as you'll ever see, infact it will be the exact opposite, a shrewd coup hailed by most.

5) Good luck holding on to that 6th spot without your best striker (on form). :D

Waiting for SSN cameras apparently.

Well I can see how they have been caught by surprise. It has all been a bit sudden, like

I was thinking along them lines, Normally sky show the empty seats at the press conferences before they take place. I asked Mat kendrick if ginger pete was there but got no reply. He's probably still outside BMH

What's all this nonsense about he's only scored so many goals because he's remained fit??

Surely a players ability to remain fit is just as important to his ability to score goals?

I mean, I'd rather have a striker that plays 38 league games and scores 19, than one who plays 10 premier league games and scores 10 but spends the rest of the time on the physios table.

It's done!!!!!!!! ITSOTP!!!!!!!

avfc.co.uk"]

Villa seal deal for record signing Bent

Aston Villa are delighted to confirm that Darren Bent has joined the club.

0,,10265~9349268,00.jpg

Aston Villa are delighted to confirm that Darren Bent will be unveiled today as the club's record signing, having agreed a four-and-a-half year deal to June 2015.

The 26-year-old England striker completed a medical before the formalities of the signing today and will be available for the Barclays Premier League game against Manchester City on Saturday, January 22 at Villa Park.

"Aston Villa is a massive football club and as soon as I knew they were interested in signing me I wanted to join," Bent said.

"The size of the football club and the history of the club are major reasons for me coming here.

"There are some top, top players here too, real quality, and I've been able to speak to the manager and the chairman about their ambitions for the club, so I'm very excited about being a part of what we hope to achieve."

Darren will be unveiled at 7pm at Villa Park.