Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

the media hates the villa SSN dont give a toss about this, if it was a cockney club they would be live from outside the training ground all day.

You sound like a Bluemoon poster complaining about media treatment. This was the headline story for pretty much the whole of yesterday. They had people reporting from both Sunderland and Birmingham.

And you sound like a bitter Spud. All I've had are yids telling me Bent is average...

They would though, he is considered a Spurs flop.

Redknapp's man-management of him was terrible towards to the end of time there. My favourite excuse is that he didn't fit into the 'Spurs way' or some equal bollocks.

That was the excaue made by people like myself who wanted us to buy him. On messageboards no one likes to back down in an argument, so rubbish excuses tend to be brought out. In truth I judged him on youtube clips and his goal scoring record at Charlton and had hardly seen him play.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, am happy we are signing someone who can score a penalty. How many have we missed since Barry left FFS?

Bent has missed at least 3 since Barry left, from what I remember.. He's decent at pens but not excellent.

Missed 2 in 1 game v spurs

if Ash can continue to take a penno like the one at chelsea, dazza bent should be not be taking any for us.

Great penalty, but if youre gonna go for the top corner with any regularity, a good portion of them will sale over the bar.

On this momentous day the other Bent , Marcus leaves Blues for Sheffield United . I just find it all a little surreal this little old Villa eh :lol:

Just checking - You don't know to any surprises do you?

if Ash can continue to take a penno like the one at chelsea, dazza bent should be not be taking any for us.

Great penalty, but if youre gonna go for the top corner with any regularity, a good portion of them will sale over the bar.

He just blasted it. He's never looked confident taking penalties since it was thrust upon him a few seasons ago away at Arsenal and he missed. He's not a natural, which sounds crazy given his ability to accurately pinpoint a cross or free kick.