Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

just out of interest how does his goal scoring record compare to lets say Rooney or Drogba over a select period, I suspect he doesnt come close at all and it may be difficult to look up the figure.

what period did you have in mind?

Think its 1 goal less than both since 2005 despite him being on the spurs bench for best part of 2 seasons.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of interest how does his goal scoring record compare to lets say Rooney or Drogba over a select period, I suspect he doesnt come close at all and it may be difficult to look up the figure.

Unsure, I dont know lets say since August 2005

EH? I bet those have at least .... say 80 goals each

Over a 5 year period Roo and Drog have scored 82, bent has scored 81

£18m smacks of desperation and I think we've had your pants down here.

Yeah, we take your best player off you without any of your fans knowing about it and you've pulled our pants down... :?

List me the number of PL forwards who have played all throughout that period and stayed injury-free??

It's an easy stat to roll out but goals-per-game is the only fair way to do it as there'll only be a handful of players who've been playing regularly in the premier league over that period.

81 goals in the past six and a half seasons for Bent I think - obviously skewed by the fact that 20% are penalties whilst Rooney/Drogba don't take their team's penalties. I'd wager Rooney and Drogba have played a lot less games over those six years than Bent has.

Make no mistake, he's a decent signing for you, but £18m is outrageous given his form and it's no suprise that this will all be getting done in the space of about 36hours.

SELL SELL SELL!!!!

Wow a stat like that you would think it would have been quoted more.

Im guessing the question was in sarcasm.

Where'd you find that useful stat?

Four of Bent's league goals are from the penalty spot.

Gyan has made 19 appearances but 11 of those are from the bench when he first signed and was settling in.

All 20 of Bent's appearances are starts, and 19 of those games he finished.

Make no mistake about it, Bent is "not playing well".

Gyan has five assists in three months. Bent has one assist in 18 months.

Not really valid to look at his form over the last few months in isolation. The guy is obviously unhappy at Sunderland and has been for some time given that he put in a transfer request over the summer for some reason - money, I understand that he has had racial problems in the area etc. - so hasn't been particularly motivated.

His goal record over his career stands up to comparison to most of the big names in the Premier League from the analysis that I have seen.

Interesting times! :winkold:

List me the number of PL forwards who have played all throughout that period and stayed injury-free??

It's an easy stat to roll out but goals-per-game is the only fair way to do it as there'll only be a handful of players who've been playing regularly in the premier league over that period.

81 goals in the past six and a half seasons for Bent I think - obviously skewed by the fact that 20% are penalties whilst Rooney/Drogba don't take their team's penalties. I'd wager Rooney and Drogba have played a lot less games over those six years than Bent has.

Make no mistake, he's a decent signing for you, but £18m is outrageous given his form and it's no suprise that this will all be getting done in the space of about 36hours.

SELL SELL SELL!!!!

You make out that you are not bothered that he is leaving and that you are the winners in all of this, yet the fact you are on here says to me you are gutted!

Perhaps Bents recent lack of form is to do with the fact that he doesnt want to be at sunderland? Two transfer requests in 6 months shows this, he probably couldnt print off his transfer request word template fast enough when he found out we were interested. He obviously doesnt want to be up there, his mother has been racially abused and his car has been attacked, and I would imagine other stuff that doesnt get reported. And so he probably has just thought f**k it i cant be arsed with this lot. We all know how well a player performs when he cant be arsed, just look at carew. I think he will be a massive success at villa! As the mackems would say.... I CANNAY WAIT MAN LIKE!

Yeah, we take your best player off you without any of your fans knowing about it and you've pulled our pants down... :?

Our board is hardly in meltdown mate - you might want to pop your head in, scroll back through the last 4/5 months worht of threads and read the ongoing debate about selling Bent/leaving Bent on the bench etc.

We've been on a great run over the last four months and during that period he's been left behind by the other two strikers at the club. Like i say, read the threads posted well before this story leaked.

You could even just read the first page, we're not suicidal we're haggling over how best to spend the money.

On about 60,000 websites.

Unsure, I dont know lets say since August 2005

Since 2005

Rooney 82 goals

Drogba 82 goals

Bent 81 goals.

On about 60,000 websites.

I know, make that the 60,001st time :)