Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Have any of you genuinely watched Darren Bent carefully for a series of games? And if so, are you pleased with this deal?

Yep.

he's not playing that well this season, but still has 8 league goals in 20 appearances.

Gyan, who many are saying is much better, has 7 in 19 appearances.

And that's with Bent "not playing well".

The fee is huge, too much. But in terms of the player we're getting, i'm very happy.

Four of Bent's league goals are from the penalty spot.

Gyan has made 19 appearances but 11 of those are from the bench when he first signed and was settling in.

All 20 of Bent's appearances are starts, and 19 of those games he finished.

Make no mistake about it, Bent is "not playing well".

Gyan has five assists in three months. Bent has one assist in 18 months.

£18m smacks of desperation and I think we've had your pants down here.

Ok, so he's scored 8 goals in 20 starts. That's still nearly 1 in 2. If he scores 8 in his remaining games this season for Villa I'd be ecstatic.

Penalties? I don't care if his goals came from penalties. They're still goals, and we need a penalty taker as Ashley Young is about as consistent as Wigan Athletic.

And all this when he's been not playing well because he has, apparently, wanted a move since August. Which would suggest if and when we get him playing well, those stats will improve.

I say again, I'm more than happy with the signing. I'm not happy with the fee, but think it's a worthy sacrifice.

Oh, and tezzaleed speaks for no-one but himself. He's posting for a reaction, nothing more.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People have said to me today.. "Why does he wanna play for Villa?" Money aside.....

"

And this is precisely what irritates me about a lot of people these days. Current league position seems to matter to them above all else. He wants to come because he recognises that our present league position is a blip, we have a great pedigree, finished 6th in the last 3 seasons and we will get there again very soon.

We are one of the top clubs in the Premier League despite our present position. Most players know that and see beyond current form. All in all a good deal for all parties. Sunderland get a big fee to spend how they wish, we get a top PL striker which is what we've been crying out for for years.

Happy Days :D

No, DB's song has gotta be the Arsenal/Samir Nasri one............... nanananananananananaana Darren Bent, Darren Bent, Darren Darren Bent nananananananananana.............................

Still delighted. But I need to moan. Getting bored and sick to death of all these journos, media people and players pedalling the same crap about 'MON leaving cos of no funds.....Bet MON cant believe what he's seeing....Where have Villa got this money from?......If Lerner would of backed MON they could be where Spurs are'.

Aint got a **** clue about our club so stop pretending like you know every little sodding detail!

SHA Forum .......

Brilliant. Yet another Darren bent thread where we come across as bitter, trying to find a way to turn this into a negative. Trust me, no matter how we dress this up or try to make out that this is a waste of money.....it ain't. He has a phenomenal record for scoring goals and the sooner we accept it as a good signing for the twelve toers the better, let's just move on for fecks sake. The vile are a bigger club: deal with it. Players like Darren bent don't come to my club, which is why we r linked to the robbie keanes and Kenny millers of this world. It's sad but its true, but I've had it for the past 35 years.

Aint it great being a Villa fan! 8)

Robbie Keane just been on SSN saying the SHA deal was never on and they were just looking for a bit of publicity :lol::lol:

The City is Ours! 8)

just out of interest how does his goal scoring record compare to lets say Rooney or Drogba over a select period, I suspect he doesnt come close at all and it may be difficult to look up the figure.

Since 2005:

Drogba 81

Rooney 80.5

Bent 732

Sorry if already posted.

Yeah, they've already been posted but probably got lost in the thread! Although 82 for Drogba & Rooney and 81 for Bent is as I understood it. 80.5? I hadn't realised Bent's record was this good though. 732 goals since 2005!!! Well worth £18/£19/£20/£24million (delete where appropriate).

People have said to me today.. "Why does he wanna play for Villa?" Money aside.....

"

And this is precisely what irritates me about a lot of people these days. Current league position seems to matter to them above all else. He wants to come because he recognises that our present league position is a blip, we have a great pedigree, finished 6th in the last 3 seasons and we will get there again very soon.

We are one of the top clubs in the Premier League despite our present position. Most players know that and see beyond current form. All in all a good deal for all parties. Sunderland get a big fee to spend how they wish, we get a top PL striker which is what we've been crying out for for years.

Posted something very similar earlier. My liverpool supporting mate claimed Sunderland were bigger because they had a better squad and league position than us.

I quickly pointed out that that criteria would also make them bigger than Liverpool.

he claimed "That's different"

sigh.

I may have heard it wrong but Robbie Keane says deal was never on the table at Blues and they were just looking for publicity!

I don't want to clog the thread but there is trouble ahead at that club lot more than people realise . Could be the new Portsmouth if they are not very careful

SHA Forum .......

Brilliant. Yet another Darren bent thread where we come across as bitter, trying to find a way to turn this into a negative. Trust me, no matter how we dress this up or try to make out that this is a waste of money.....it ain't. He has a phenomenal record for scoring goals and the sooner we accept it as a good signing for the twelve toers the better, let's just move on for fecks sake. The vile are a bigger club: deal with it. Players like Darren bent don't come to my club, which is why we r linked to the robbie keanes and Kenny millers of this world. It's sad but its true, but I've had it for the past 35 years.

Aint it great being a Villa fan! 8)

Robbie Keane just been on SSN saying the SHA deal was never on and they were just looking for a bit of publicity :lol::lol:

The City is Ours! 8)

Lmao classic

"

It's incredibly typical of the Sky/YouTube generation who play FIFA all day and marvel at how gud Messi iz blad. Following Holloway's comments I am surprised slating Villa hasn't caught on more, but any tosspot will catch on with a chance to slate or downplay one of the more successful clubs - particularly one that is/has attempting/attempted to get back into the upper echelons.