Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows that then? Sunderland season ticket? Tottenham season ticket?

I'm just passing on the facts mate - you all seem to be hanging your hats on a very skewed statistic that puts him in the Drogba/Rooney bracket when in fact 81 goals in six years only equates to an average of 13 goals a year. If Rooney and Drogba took their sides penalties they'd both have well over 100 goals in the same period, from less games.

There's a big reason why those three are the top three scorers over the past 6 years - they're three of the VERY FEW strikers who've been playing regularly in the Premiership during that period.

If you break it down to (a) goals-per-game or (B) recent form he's not nearly as impressive, and to be honest that's something that's dawned on us since we've seen Gyan and Wellbeck.

He'll score a few goals for you but you could get someone to do that for less than 10m; about £5m if you went abroad and knew what you were looking for.

Instead you've panicked and bid about double the market value for a badly out of form striker who isn't even currently the second best striker at his club (like I say, please feel free to look through the thread on our board for about the last six months - it is regularly mooted that he shouldn't be in the side).

I understand the wheels have come off, and that you're in dire straits, but this is probably the most outrageous panic buy in Premier League history. There's a reason that it's going to go through in less than 36 hours - the selling club can't get this done quick enough.

Dammit. You're right. I'm all down now. Sigh.

I have a feeling that we have got another player. Can't be a big name signing though otherwise we would hear the speculation. This delay would hardly be caused by Makoun would it, when he is already our player. It might be a keeper!!

There's a big reason why those three are the top three scorers over the past 6 years - they're three of the VERY FEW strikers who've been playing regularly in the Premiership during that period.

Emmanuel Adebayor

Robin van Persie

Carlos Tevez

Nicholas Anelka

Dimitar Berbatov

Robbie Keane

Jermaine Defoe

Don't **** kid yourself. :lol: