Will You Renew Your Season Ticket If GH Is Still In Charge?

dudley_villa

Will you renew if GH is here for '11/'12 ?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew if GH is here for '11/'12 ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

If there is a lot like me perhaps the club needs to address that?

How would they address it ?

You made a choice to support the club. You've started to turn your back on it because we aren't covering ourselves in glory. Not that we ever have been for any sustained period in the last 100 years or so.

Surely you're the one that needs to address it as its your choice not the clubs.

Football is about supporting your team under any circumstances, not just when they're doing well.

Says who? Is this the law? Also you don't have to pay £750 on a season ticket to 'support' your team?

bromsgrove_avfc wrote:

If there is a lot like me perhaps the club needs to address that?

How would they address it ?

You made a choice to support the club. You've started to turn your back on it because we aren't covering ourselves in glory. Not that we ever have been for any sustained period in the last 100 years or so.

Surely you're the one that needs to address it as its your choice not the clubs.

They could address it by looking after the loyal fans. Make some extra perks other than you get to keep the same seat for actually shelling out hard earned money up front for the whole season without knowing who is going to be managing/ whether were going to sell our best players/ whether the team is going to play well. There is hardly any benefit now of having a season ticket. The core of a football club is it's fans and the attendances are vital to them as a business. I'm afraid Villa are not doing anything to keep them. There maybe a few hardcore fans on here that bang theirs chests everytime they talk about Villa as if it's the only thing in their lives however most of the Villa fans I know or meet are all saying the same thing, they are apathetic and bored of watching us not compete, failing to buy quality players when we need them, selling our best players just as we make some ground. Look at attendances the facts are there, I'm not making this up.

We will always be Villa but there's a lot of fans that have wised up and keeping their money in their pockets now.

I've decided 100% I'm not renewing next season for me and my son for the first time in 8 years(4 for my son). Nothing to do with Houllier. I'm just fed up with it. Villa and football have got boring to be honest.

It costs a lot of money, very rarely are we entertained, were highly unlikely to win anything and it's cheaper to buy your tickets separately anyway with all the deals they throw at fans(which I used to point out to the general but got shouted down for it). There seems very little benefit of being a ST holder.

It cracked me up the other night when they did the poxy badge giveaway at the Sunderland game. I never took my 10 year old season ticket holding son as it was his first day back to school. I showed them his season ticket and asked if I could have one fore him explaining why he hadn't come. They informed me they were under 'strict' instructions not to give any extra out as they only had enough for those that turned up? I pointed out they were expecting him but they wouldn't budge for their 'strict' instructions. Just pathetic, I know its a very minor thing but the club doesn't give a shit about us so why should we bother caring back?

This for me shouldnt be confused with what I'm talking about.

If the whole thing has been going stale for you for some time and your just kind of fed up with it then its warranted not to spend your money on it.

My point is knee jerk reactions to one manager being in charge for half a season.

Just cant get the "I would renew but I wont because of Houllier" ideas.

I can't vote, because the manager has little bearing on my decision to renew. I continued to attend under MON, and GH has just continued the menu of godawful football.

I am wholly disenchanted with the Premier League and all that goes with it. Just as the minimum wage revolutionised football all those years ago, it is time for a maximum wage to bring it all under control. That of course will not happen, and even of it did, it wouldn't at the level that I would propose (£30k per week)

As far as the Villa are concerned, I am mindful that we are on the third consecutive manager who thinks that he is bigger than the club. The quieter, more gentle characters that are Graham Taylor and Brian Little had complete respect for the institution that is Aston Villa. The ego-mouth John Gregory constantly pinched himself that he was given the honour of managing the club. BFR, a man who had managed arguably the biggest club in the world, showed total respect to the club and its supporters throughout.

I would love to see the next Aston Villa manager, whenever that may be, come out of the mould of any of those I have named, rather than Messrs O'Leary, O'Neill or Houllier.

And in that case I would happily walk to B6 to buy my season ticket.

I've decided 100% I'm not renewing next season for me and my son for the first time in 8 years(4 for my son). Nothing to do with Houllier. I'm just fed up with it. Villa and football have got boring to be honest.

It costs a lot of money, very rarely are we entertained, were highly unlikely to win anything and it's cheaper to buy your tickets separately anyway with all the deals they throw at fans(which I used to point out to the general but got shouted down for it). There seems very little benefit of being a ST holder.

It cracked me up the other night when they did the poxy badge giveaway at the Sunderland game. I never took my 10 year old season ticket holding son as it was his first day back to school. I showed them his season ticket and asked if I could have one fore him explaining why he hadn't come. They informed me they were under 'strict' instructions not to give any extra out as they only had enough for those that turned up? I pointed out they were expecting him but they wouldn't budge for their 'strict' instructions. Just pathetic, I know its a very minor thing but the club doesn't give a shit about us so why should we bother caring back?

You're wrong.

And yet again, in the face of the club making a gesture (albeit a minor one) by giving away a free badge it just isn't good enough for some, we really do like a good old whinge don't we on here.

No I'm not wrong I just didn't type what I meant, sorry. I will watch us on TV when were on saving money there and won't have to pay for the usual 1 maybe 2 games per season I miss due to other arrangements. Therefore making it cheaper FOR ME to take advantage of the deals and not to have a ST.

As for the whingeing about the free badge. I couldn't give a shit really. I never made a big deal out of it and even said to the guy I'm not going to argue over a poxy badge that cost probably 30p for the club to make. If you want to say it's whinging fine, I'm just pointing out how little the club cares about the fans. I tried to get one for my ten year old son at three different gates and they all said no. My point is they had been given strict (all three used the same phrase) instructions not too, pathetic.

With the greatest of respect mate that's very different to your original post of "I'll just buy tickets match-by-match cos it's cheaper" which annoys me cos it's a myth that a lot of people have bought into just because the club (who apparently do nothing for the fans) decide to offer reduced matchday tickets on occasion in order to encourage people into the stadium which is simply not a bad thing.

With regards the badge mate, look, apologies in advance to anyone who is or knows a steward at the Villa but they aren't the sharpest tools in the box are they and they were probably under strict instruction not to give out badges upon request as lets face it, people take the piss, decent people like yourself with genuine reason for asking get caught up in the crossfire, you could apply the same logic to a lot of modern situations sadly.....

"I'll just buy tickets match-by-match cos it's cheaper" which annoys me cos it's a myth that a lot of people have bought into just because the club (who apparently do nothing for the fans) decide to offer reduced matchday tickets on occasion in order to encourage people into the stadium which is simply not a bad thing....
It's not a myth for people who have a season ticket, but can't get to every game. It's absolutely the case for me that I'd be better off without a season ticket, but paying by the game for only the games I can attend. So many get moved nowadays that mean I then can't get to them, 450 quid for my Lower Holte season ticket but I'll be able to get to maybe 12 or 13 of those - midweekers, 12.00 sunday, even 5:30 saturday mean I can't get the train there (or back). Plus boxing day/Bank Hols.

I have had a season ticket for a long time, but am extremely unlikely to renew next year because the incentive to get one is not there, other than sit with the same set of mates as I have done for all those years, the ones I stood with on the old Holte, too.

It's (for me) more expensive, access to away tickets is possible without a season ticket, cup final tickets are doled out as much on Cup game attendance as season ticket holding. I'm not a big buyer of merchandise.

I accept that it is possible to sell back some "tickets" (at 20 quid a time) or give the ticket to a mate so he can use it, but overall, there's little incentive for me, personally.

With a good side, or plenty of Saturday games, then fair enough, but otherwise no.

It's (for me) more expensive, access to away tickets is possible without a season ticket, cup final tickets are doled out as much on Cup game attendance as season ticket holding. I'm not a big buyer of merchandise.

I thought it was cup game attendance in conjunction with a season ticket? The rest I agree with. I've got to renew really as the lad has demanded it under all circumstances and the seat position.

What they dont want to do is put the price up.

So long as I can afford it I'll renew.

I'm not sure that's entering into the spirit of the thread though, so I'll say if he's still in the job then he'll not have done badly enough to put me off renewing. If he's gone, I'll renew to see how the new manager does!

I will, definitely.

If we go down, stay up, reach Europe, win the league whatever it's irrelevant. Also, what manager is in charge is irrelevant too.

I support Aston Villa and will continue to do so no matter what. Without it i'd miss meeting up with friends and having a good piss up.

Yes.

I go for the day out, drink, have the craic with the lads. The football sometimes becomes secondary but it's still a way of life I don't think I could quit.

Would prefer GH gone though :-)

i didnt renew this year because i found i couldnt attend every game. Consequently ive hardly been at all this year. Little to do with the football and more to do with i just cant bring myself to to spend £30 - £40 a ticket plus travel etc when i can just sit at home and watch most of the games on sky.

Â