Will You Renew Your Season Ticket If GH Is Still In Charge?

dudley_villa

Will you renew if GH is here for '11/'12 ?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew if GH is here for '11/'12 ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Yup, undoubtedly.

I dont support the manager, or the players, but I do support Aston Villa. This will remain the case even if we're playing in the championship next year with Ken Dodd in charge.

My point exactly mate but not if GH is in charge. This will be the only way that randy will do something about it when the gates fall.

Look at liverpools gates the last few games, Almost 10k off average. all the singing on the kop did not work but the staying away did, poor results and low gates and finally the owners acted!

Only 32k for us last home game and that was with £12.50 tickets.

Hopefully the penny will drop with randy soon before the pound dose!

Was my initial reaction after the Sunderland game, undoubtedly. And if i thought staying away would result in Houllier getting the sack, then I would.

But it's became fairly apparent that Houllier will probably be here for the rest of the season, with any managerial change probably in the summer at the earliest.

On a selfish note, Im not going to boycott what could be our last few games in the premier league for a couple of years.

Personally I think its ridiculous to stop renewing / attending games simply because of the manager, but hey thats my perogative to think that and equally its everyone elses to "vote with their feet".

Renewing next season has been on the mind for a while simply because I work away every week it hasnt been practical for a few seasons now. However this has nothing to do with the manager and I wouldnt dream of staying away just because I didnt like the manager.

When the club is going through a rough time they need my support more than ever. For this reason I would probably consider renewing more if we were in the championship next season, or if numbers dwindle. I want to be there when they need me.

Football costs too much and takes up too much of my day to do it if there's no enjoyment in it. After eastlands I've decided i won't attend any more away games while houllier is here. I wish I could be like those fans who could still have a laugh sarcastically cheering corners and pretending we've scored but I don't, it just annoys and depresses me to see us easily beaten.

Under houllier I'm losing that enjoyment of looking forward to going to games and coming away feeling good. I'd renew in a heartbeat if we went down and he was sacked but I'll be thinking twice in the summer if houllier is in charge.

As a supporter you take the bad times because then the good times feel **** amazing!! When the good times seen like going completely then the enjoyment goes and the bad times feel even worse.

Im all for supporting the club and will do till the day i die but.

Times are hard and i cant afford to throw money away anymore which i will be doing if i pay to watch some of the shite served up this season, its not just the price of the season ticket but with petrol price rises as well its just not worth it at the moment.

As a supporter you take the bad times because then the good times feel **** amazing!!

Such as not going to games because you dont like the manager? Nows the bad times and AVFC need the real supporters more than ever, turning your back on the club because you dont like the manager isnt supporting the club through the bad times.*

* Not to be taken as any kind of pop on your loyalty to the Villa or questioning your support, I have taken note in a previous thread you said you have been a season ticket holder for 10 years.

I wish I could be like those fans who could still have a laugh sarcastically cheering corners and pretending we've scored but I don't, it just annoys and depresses me to see us easily beaten.

I know exactly how you feel mate... Its a bit like someone walking into your house and pissing over your kids! You really dont want to be seeing and cheering that!..

I'm not planning renewing, I can pick and chose my games and with the cheep tickets offers they do it will save me a load of money as well.

Nowt to do with Houllier really as I just go because I enjoy the day out, the football is rubbish sometimes but then it was under MON at times and absolutely dreadful before MON under DOL and Taylor (2nd) and I still went then.

Nope, it's the cost that puts me off going.

How many people stayed away when DOL was in charge? Those were comparible times but I was there at the games during some of his worst times. You go along and cheer the team on, the outcome is never a full gone conclusion so every game you pray for 3 points and you hope you can support the team to a victory.

Who is it we are trying to hurt here? Arguably supporting the DOL era was worse as the money you spent on a ticket was inevitably lining Dougs pockets, whereas with Randy he has shown no strong indicator that the money I spend at the club is not reinvested. To date he has invested more than the club has recouped.

And to talk about a reaction, it follows some fairly successful seasons and with plenty of the season left to go we are already talking about turning our backs on the Villa? If Randy the owner is prepared to Back Houllier, and he hasnt done too badly up to now, surely he is owed by us fans some time and support. The manager he appointed hasnt been given a proper transfer window, good size kitty, a full preseason and a complete team to work with.

It doesnt look good for the manager right now it really doesnt and I have my doubts (massive ones), though I support AVFC and I support Randy the owner I am at least prepared to give proper time. I'm not about to throw my season ticket at the doug out after half a season of a bad patch :-/

If its affordable then yes, without doubt.

This is much more the case in my view. Finances will dictate me renewing.

The club would do well not to increase prices this time round though I anticipate a two year deal offer coming if we stay near the relagation zone.

Not so bothered about the manager as if he keeps us up a new season is a new season. If we went down I would pause for thought before renewing but the heart would no doubt rule the head and I would renew.

As Blues fan mate put last time they went down.'at least I might get to see them win a few games' Cold comfort but true.

I'm not planning renewing, I can pick and chose my games and with the cheep tickets offers they do it will save me a load of money as well.

Nowt to do with Houllier really as I just go because I enjoy the day out, the football is rubbish sometimes but then it was under MON at times and absolutely dreadful before MON under DOL and Taylor (2nd) and I still went then.

My mate has the same outlook on it as you ROT. He reckons he will be quids in by taking advantage of all the multi-buy deals that Villa offer throughout the season.

My mate has the same outlook on it as you ROT. He reckons he will be quids in by taking advantage of all the multi-buy deals that Villa offer throughout the season.

you wont be, you'll win on the odd games but if you intend to go to every game you'll pay more. A lot of the offers are also in poorer areas of the ground, north stand lower, doug ellis lower.

you wont be, you'll win on the odd games but if you intend to go to every game you'll pay more. A lot of the offers are also in poorer areas of the ground, north stand lower, doug ellis lower.

cheeky shit.. lower doug has some of the best seats in the ground.

Â