Will You Renew Your Season Ticket If GH Is Still In Charge?

dudley_villa

Will you renew if GH is here for '11/'12 ?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew if GH is here for '11/'12 ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Need to be careful that this does not disintegrate into a better fan argument

I think we should have a better fan debate one day, just so we can all get it out of our systems!

I kid

there is nothing to debate.

It's written in the stars that I am the number 1 bestest ever fan.

I've decided 100% I'm not renewing next season for me and my son for the first time in 8 years(4 for my son). Nothing to do with Houllier. I'm just fed up with it. Villa and football have got boring to be honest.

It costs a lot of money, very rarely are we entertained, were highly unlikely to win anything and it's cheaper to buy your tickets separately anyway with all the deals they throw at fans(which I used to point out to the general but got shouted down for it). There seems very little benefit of being a ST holder.

It cracked me up the other night when they did the poxy badge giveaway at the Sunderland game. I never took my 10 year old season ticket holding son as it was his first day back to school. I showed them his season ticket and asked if I could have one fore him explaining why he hadn't come. They informed me they were under 'strict' instructions not to give any extra out as they only had enough for those that turned up? I pointed out they were expecting him but they wouldn't budge for their 'strict' instructions. Just pathetic, I know its a very minor thing but the club doesn't give a shit about us so why should we bother caring back?

you wont be, you'll win on the odd games but if you intend to go to every game you'll pay more. A lot of the offers are also in poorer areas of the ground, north stand lower, doug ellis lower.

cheeky shit.. lower doug has some of the best seats in the ground.

Ive seen funerals with more atmosphere than the lower doug ellis

If I can afford to renew I will, I support the club not the manager nor the players, they are incidental at best, it's the club that matters.

It may not be for me to question another persons support but if someone chose not to renew on this basis then that would for me be questionable.

I've decided 100% I'm not renewing next season for me and my son for the first time in 8 years(4 for my son). Nothing to do with Houllier. I'm just fed up with it. Villa and football have got boring to be honest.

It costs a lot of money, very rarely are we entertained, were highly unlikely to win anything and it's cheaper to buy your tickets separately anyway with all the deals they throw at fans(which I used to point out to the general but got shouted down for it). There seems very little benefit of being a ST holder.

It cracked me up the other night when they did the poxy badge giveaway at the Sunderland game. I never took my 10 year old season ticket holding son as it was his first day back to school. I showed them his season ticket and asked if I could have one fore him explaining why he hadn't come. They informed me they were under 'strict' instructions not to give any extra out as they only had enough for those that turned up? I pointed out they were expecting him but they wouldn't budge for their 'strict' instructions. Just pathetic, I know its a very minor thing but the club doesn't give a shit about us so why should we bother caring back?

You're wrong.

And yet again, in the face of the club making a gesture (albeit a minor one) by giving away a free badge it just isn't good enough for some, we really do like a good old whinge don't we on here.

you wont be, you'll win on the odd games but if you intend to go to every game you'll pay more. A lot of the offers are also in poorer areas of the ground, north stand lower, doug ellis lower.

apologies if you sit there. I took some offer tickets in the DE lower for the west brom games. The offer sits were near to the front in the corner near the holte end. Your view was restricted to the far goal by the standing. Just explaining to those comparing ticket offers with ST seats that it is probably not an eggs for eggs comparison.

I think we should have a better fan debate one day, just so we can all get it out of our systems!

I kid

Nobody's debating that.

The issue here is who are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best fans.

They informed me they were under 'strict' instructions not to give any extra out as they only had enough for those that turned up? I pointed out they were expecting him but they wouldn't budge for their 'strict' instructions. Just pathetic, I know its a very minor thing but the club doesn't give a shit about us so why should we bother caring back?

that is pathetic but is that not just the fault of the jobsworth you spoke to? i'm sure someone with half a brain would of given you one.

Having been a season ticket holder since 1988 I am not going to let a clueless manager put me off going and if he continues the form of the last 3 - 4 months for much longer he won't be here next season anyway.

In 23 years as a season ticket holder I have to say this is up there as being the most demoralised I have been alongside the Venglos era as the fall from grace from the previous season/manager was unreal ( from finishing 2nd to 17th I think it was ). The last season under O'Leary would also rank right up there.

Having also had the misfortune of going to a lot of games during the 86/87 season I hope to god Houllier either starts to get his act together and gets these players playing to the level they are capable or **** off soon as if things carry on as they are we are certainly heading for a similar fate as under McNeill.

Your a better fan than me, congratulations you win errrr... nothing.

I don't care who questions my support. To be honest, it is wavering. I will always support Aston Villa and would never change teams. But yes If we have to have 'levels' of support I admit I used to be a level 10 supporter but have become currently a level 6 supporter and next season will probably drop to a level 4 supporter. So what?

If there is a lot like me perhaps the club needs to address that?

Ive seen funerals with more atmosphere than the lower doug ellis

Not true actually and it can get a bit lively next to the away support.

However its the viewing position I like and would be reluctant to give them up.

I kid

Nobody's debating that.

The issue here is who are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best fans.

I'd put myself about 23,418th.

Having been a season ticket holder since 1988 I am not going to let a clueless manager put me off going and if he continues the form of the last 3 - 4 months for much longer he won't be here next season anyway.

In 23 years as a season ticket holder I have to say this is up there as being the most demoralised I have been alongside the Venglos era as the fall from grace from the previous season/manager was unreal ( from finishing 2nd to 17th I think it was ). The last season under O'Leary would also rank right up there.

Having also had the misfortune of going to a lot of games during the 86/87 season I hope to god Houllier either starts to get his act together and gets these players playing to the level they are capable or **** off soon as if things carry on as they are we are certainly heading for a similar fate as under McNeill.

You're wrong.

And yet again, in the face of the club making a gesture (albeit a minor one) by giving away a free badge it just isn't good enough for some, we really do like a good old whinge don't we on here.

No I'm not wrong I just didn't type what I meant, sorry. I will watch us on TV when were on saving money there and won't have to pay for the usual 1 maybe 2 games per season I miss due to other arrangements. Therefore making it cheaper FOR ME to take advantage of the deals and not to have a ST.

As for the whingeing about the free badge. I couldn't give a shit really. I never made a big deal out of it and even said to the guy I'm not going to argue over a poxy badge that cost probably 30p for the club to make. If you want to say it's whinging fine, I'm just pointing out how little the club cares about the fans. I tried to get one for my ten year old son at three different gates and they all said no. My point is they had been given strict (all three used the same phrase) instructions not too, pathetic.

In reference to Bromsgrove_avfc. I went with my mate and his Dad didnt go because he was ill. He's 84 and been a season ticket holder since about 1950, maybe earlier. My mate explained the situation and was refused the badge. I on the other hand got two when my son didnt attend.

I know its just a badge but sometimes these things are the straw that breaks the camels back.

I wish i was close enough to have a season ticket as I would have one each season for better or worse. I wouldn't stop going because of a manager. Sorry the thought sickens me that people would throw away a ST to watch something they bleed just because of a manager. We'll never get anywhere if all we do is go home and sulk when we don't get our own way. The club is bigger than any player, manager or chairman.

Villa till I die, not till I don't get my own way.

such a weird feeling, oddly, if i were in a season ticket buying position I would be more inclined to buy a season ticket for next season. Not sure why. I think I would have done so for seasons 1 and 2 of MoN as well. The whole revamping of the squad excites me still - the prospect of younger talent coming through.. I embrace change, even if the process is a bit sticky and glum at the current moment.

sure I'm probably quite isolated in that respect, but it's all hypothetical, me not actually being, or have been a season ticket holder

Â