SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I thought there'd be more in situ by then especially as it seems King Carlos is/has left....

Mind you MON bought most of his new players AFTER the season started, so this could be slightly misleading.

Perhaps he wishes to look at what he's got first in the league, but the trouble is if we get a bad start that makes matters

more difficult as then you're playing catch up.

I think 1 more signing will probably be enough anyway to be honest. We have Ireland and Warnock as "new" signings, Given in goal. We've got enough defenders (unless Cuellar leaves), plenty of midfielders and enough strikers. Unless more players leave, not sure where there is to strengthen at the moment. So if we add N'Zogbia to Albrighton, then thats 2 v.good wingers too.

Other than a winger, I'd still like a Reo-Coker replacement, at minimum. Makoun did seem lightweight in the tackle and Petrov cannot be relied on. We will be weak in midfield if we don't get some muscle in there, imo.

So apart from 'one more signing' or loans/free's then we wont sign anymore until january??

I hope to god that isnt true, is that a fake or real bbcwm linky thing? Misheard perhaps?

One more frigging signing?????????

I want Doug back please!!

Hang on a minute here, folks. This may indicate that they are nearing a deal for Nzogbia.

Look, the most demanding areas to strengthen were Goalkeeper, and Downing before the season starts. He wanted them in for the tour, and will use that and the first few weeks to look at the squad more closely. At the moment, all they are doing is press ups!!

Im not happy, but i think its sensible, and i also think the Zog deal will be in place by friday.

What I don't understand is that after the season had finished, we had sounds from inside Villa that they would not make the same mistake as last season being unprepared & playing catch up. They have had so long to address these issues....The manager saga took way too long & they have been taking their time making sure we bring in the right players; only to find out today that before the season starts 'we will only have one more signing'. Ok, we will no doubt bring players in during the rest of August; but they have had so much time to get things sorted. Unreal.

What I don't understand is that after the season had finished, we had sounds from inside Villa that they would not make the same mistake as last season being unprepared & playing catch up. They have had so long to address these issues....The manager saga took way too long & they have been taking their time making sure we bring in the right players; only to find out today that before the season starts 'we will only have one more signing'. Ok, we will no doubt bring players in during the rest of August; but they have had so much time to get things sorted. Unreal.

Well if im wrong, then there is only conclusion we can draw, and that is they are clearing the decks for something, and that something is really starting to look like sell.

At least he said 'start of season' rather than 'end of transfer window'. Squad is much-weakened from last season & that wasn't exactly the most successful season of all time..1 outfield signing would not be sufficient, unless we truly have a early-90s Man Utd-type crop of kids coming through.

Omg.....Has anyone got the Radio on now!! The guy just said that RL has revised his ambitions for Aston Villa and is happy for Villa to sustain a mid-table finish & maybe a good cup run. Unbelievable.

Oh yeah the guy, the guy that makes something up the guy that wants more listeners, that guy.

What guy?

Omg.....Has anyone got the Radio on now!! The guy just said that RL has revised his ambitions for Aston Villa and is happy for Villa to sustain a mid-table finish & maybe a good cup run. Unbelievable.

well 'the guy' is undoubtably right. no matter how much the General tries to fudge the issue, we can all see whats going on with our own eyes. and he wont answer questions straight

Randy is without a doubt winding down in order to sell