SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Zog move has fallen through by the look of things, apparently adding an extra million to our offer is too much. Pathetic.

Where you heard that it looks like its fallen through? Every indication seems like its still very much on the cards, bar newspaper stories about just needing to cough up an extra million yesterday morning, it sounds like they are very much still negotiating.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_7050432,00.html

After reading some of the 'quotes' it looks like they're getting cold feet to be honest.

Oh please. The quotes in that article are nothing more than calling Whelan's bluff on losing out on a potential £10m. It is obvious we will have a plan 'B' and it is obvious that we don't want egg on our faces. That doesn't mean we won't exhaust every avenue to land N'Zogbia and make the old Man Utd fan squirm a bit in the process.

Hamburglar wrote:

Chill out Julie b! Only a bit of banter. My honest response is 'i hope you're right'. Hope that clears any misunderstanding

I wasn't unchilled I was just biting back!

And I thought I offended you. Must try harder in future. ;-)

Zog move has fallen through by the look of things, apparently adding an extra million to our offer is too much. Pathetic.

Where you heard that it looks like its fallen through? Every indication seems like its still very much on the cards, bar newspaper stories about just needing to cough up an extra million yesterday morning, it sounds like they are very much still negotiating.

After reading some of the 'quotes' it looks like they're getting cold feet to be honest.

I'd interpret that as a message to Mr Whelan that Nzogbia is not the only option.

it's just us playing him at his own game, and good on us for doing so.

For all those saying 'just pay the extra million', we're talking about a Million Pound here, if the average salary in this country is £25k per year, then it would take the average man in the street 40 years to earn that.

I'd rather we don't spend it if we believe we can negotiate them down, better the money is in Villa's bank than in Wigan's.

I'm pretty sure those quotes were just in response to journalists saying "So you only have 1 transfer target?"

The logical answer, and plan of attack regarding transfers, is to have other options available just in case the deal falls through.

Oh please. The quotes in that article are nothing more than calling Whelan's bluff on losing out on a potential £10m. It is obvious we will have a plan 'B' and it is obvious that we don't want egg on our faces. That doesn't mean we won't exhaust every avenue to land N'Zogbia and make the old Man Utd fan squirm a bit in the process.

Yeah...Aiden McGeady. I seriously hope we dont have to resort to plan B. It may aswell be called plan Z. :lol:

Which is why not paying that extra million seems...well...saftness

In Hale Piccolino having Lunch with @Vi_Deluxe, my Last 2 days before the Trip hopefully ☺

Make of that what you will.

Someone's taking the piss. There is NO WAY that is legit.

Its Defoe at the Estate Agents all over again. :D

In Hale Piccolino having Lunch with @Vi_Deluxe, my Last 2 days before the Trip hopefully ☺

Make of that what you will.

I'm guessing it means he's having lunch in Cheshire before going on a trip (in 2 days).

When to Wigan play their first pre season games and where?

Had to look it up to be honest, thought it was a place in Italy or something.

(Not a City boy).

Me neither solely based on a quick google and a check on the menu....