SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

16 players out (including certain starters like Walker, Young, NRC, Downing, Friedel)

1 player in (Given, replacing Friedel)

The spin states that we have reformed characters in Warnock and Ireland as replacements for, well, who? Downing and Young are very different from Ireland, therefore NRC and Downing are yet to be replaced. I don't believe for a second that we have a strong enough squad, particularly in the centre and on the left of midfield. I also do not believe that Marc Albrighton will last a full season without some rotation. Hogg, Herd, Gabby et al cannot play on the wing, Bannan is not a midfield ball winner. We are absolutely desperate for creativity through the centre, on the left and are really, really desperate for a ball winner.

Well if im wrong, then there is only conclusion we can draw, and that is they are clearing the decks for something, and that something is really starting to look like sell.

Apparently that was rumour going around last night supposedly coming from Radio 5. However Kendrick said it's tosh this morning.

I think Lerner is just trying to get Villa's finances on an even sustainable keel as all clubs will have to comply with the UEFA finance rules.

What's the point if we're not in Europe though?

Well, I mean obviously we need to be sustainable, but this summer has had fire-sale written all over it thus far. We don't need to strip back so drastically, surely?

16 players out (including certain starters like Walker, Young, NRC, Downing, Friedel)

The spin states that we have reformed characters in Warnock and Ireland as replacements for, well, who? Downing and Young are very different from Ireland, therefore NRC and Downing are yet to be replaced. I don't believe for a second that we have a strong enough squad, particularly in the centre and on the left of midfield. I also do not believe that Marc Albrighton will last a full season without some rotation. Hogg, Herd, Gabby et al cannot play on the wing, Bannan is not a midfield ball winner. We are absolutely desperate for creativity through the centre, on the left and are really, really desperate for a ball winner.

16 players? Id like to know whos these 16 are..

Well if im wrong, then there is only conclusion we can draw, and that is they are clearing the decks for something, and that something is really starting to look like sell.

Apparently that was rumour going around last night supposedly coming from Radio 5. However Kendrick said it's tosh this morning.

I think Lerner is just trying to get Villa's finances on an even sustainable keel as all clubs will have to comply with the UEFA finance rules.

At this rate we won't be getting into European comps at all for a while!

16 players? Id like to know whos these 16 are..

Durrell Berry (free)

John Carew (free)

Ellis Deeney (free)

Stewart Downing (undisc.)

Calum Flanagan (free)

Harry Forrester (free)

Brad Friedel (free)

Arsenio Halfhuid (free)

Isaiah Osbourne (free)

Robert Pires (free)

Nigel Reo-Coker (free)

Moustapha Salifou (free)

Ashley Young (undisc.)

Kyle Walker loan expired

Michael Bradley loan expired

Oops, sorry 15. I was counting Carlos Cuellar too.

Let's just hope RL sells up then before we don't have enough good players to even keep us in the league.

One thing that doesn't make sense though is why put AMC on a massive contract (£3m/year) when they could have offered it to KMAC for a lot less and told him to use the youth/reserve players. This would have also pissed the fans off less.

But I suppose they've thought about this and decided that appointing a fans favourite like AMC will deflect from the fact that the teams better players are being sold and not replaced. Cunning.

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish infers to talkSPORT he can only make ONE more top signing....#AVFC

I was just listening and Talksport were making out it's only ONE in numbers.. not ONE MORE QUALITY signing.

There is a difference. Anyone heard this interview can clarify?

Back OT for N'Zogbia

TimothyAbraham (E & S)

Press briefing with Alex McLeish this afternoon at #AVFC lauch - no further developments on Charles N'Zogbia.

TimothyAbraham

Or at least none he was prepared to disclose to the media. #AVFC are considering other wide players in case it falls through.

Quote: One more signing 'of quality'. Hmmmm.

Well I don't want players that aren't quality, and I certainly wouldn't want to sign for a manager who didn't consider me 'of quality' either.

The board are NOT saying one more signing..It is Alex McLeish saying it.. He has said that if he went to Lerner and asked for more money he would get it..But its McLeish and his own choice to make only one more signing.. He is happy with the squad he has available at this moment in time!

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish infers to talkSPORT he can only make ONE more top signing....#AVFC

I was just listening and Talksport were making out it's only ONE in numbers.. not ONE MORE QUALITY signing.

There is a difference. Anyone heard this interview can clarify?

Back OT for N'Zogbia

TimothyAbraham (E & S)

Press briefing with Alex McLeish this afternoon at #AVFC lauch - no further developments on Charles N'Zogbia.

TimothyAbraham

Or at least none he was prepared to disclose to the media. #AVFC are considering other wide players in case it falls through.

I was just quoting what Sam Matterface said who works for Talksport. Who knows. Anyones guess now. Just have be patient.

The board are NOT saying one more signing..It is Alex McLeish saying it.. He has said that if he went to Lerner and asked for more money he would get it..But its McLeish and his own choice to make only one more signing.. He is happy with the squad he has available at this moment in time!

Not aimed at you SnC :winkold:

Happy with the squad at this moment in time? It's a poor squad with very, very little creativity. Clearly, he isn't able to see the lack of quality, having managed the scum and their terrible squad, it really shouldn't be a surprise should it I suppose? :evil: