SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

This whole drawn out saga is becoming yet another embarrassing example of our clubs inability to close a simple transfer deal. Are we really talking about a measly million quid. I hoped I'd seen the last of this type of thing. Ellis F***d up over Robbie Keane. please Randy, don't do the same over N'Zogbia. We should close this deal now, or find ourselves being classed as penny pinching also rans.

I'd imagine it's being resolved as we speak. The trouble with media announcements is that they are relatively few and far between; and in the meantime we all get angrier and angrier.

This whole drawn out saga is becoming yet another embarrassing example of our clubs inability to close a simple transfer deal. Are we really talking about a measly million quid. I hoped I'd seen the last of this type of thing. Ellis F***d up over Robbie Keane. please Randy, don't do the same over N'Zogbia. We should close this deal now, or find ourselves being classed as penny pinching also rans.

Why is it embarrasing? From what the reports are, we were told £9 million would be what we need, we bid that. It gets rejected yesterday, with the chairman saying we nee to be £10 million.

Now, it is most likely that we will pay the £10 million, but surely when you are agreeing to pay out them kinds of amounts, it needs full authorization etc. It's not football manager where you just bounce the bid they require straight back them.

KKFootball1 KKFootball

Aston Villa not interested in Vargas, N'Zogbia will become a Villa player within a week (maybe not as early as friday) all being well. #avfc

DTNUK DTN UK

DTN UK: Villa line up Vargas after failing in £9m N'Zogbia bid: Alex McLeish could switch his attention to Fiore..

FWIW.. SO DON'T HAVE A GO AT ME!! for daring to post a tweet but there are a few rumours flying about that we've settled the deal

behind closed doors with Whelan today... as BOF alluded we probably would.

This being one of them...

thetransferteam Mystery Man

#Villa have privately agreed to meet Wigan's valuation of #N'Zogbia and he will have a medical and discuss terms at the weekend. #avfc #wafc

I have NO idea whether this is correct info, but it seems a few media outlets are starting to sing on the same songsheet.

Also rumoured we've made a bid of €3m for SC Freiburg winger Cédric Makiadi

I'd say McGeady would cost at least £10m. On that basis (and even if Aidan was to cost less), it's N'Zogbia all the way.

Lets hope we did the deal for Zog today, but why wait til the weekend to agree personal terms / medical etc

If that is true, and we don't know that it is, but if it is then I'd imagine there are good reasons which they won't (nor should they) tell us. We just need to relax and have a cadburys caramel :)

Interesting, but I call bullshit; Makiadi plays through the middle of the park.

You have more idea that me because I have no idea who the hell he is... just a few tweets about a bid...nothing major mind.

thetransferteam Mystery Man

Not likely to be a full media announcement on N'Zogbia until at least the end of the week as the deal needs rubber stamping from both ends.

Just a thought at the end of the WORKING day for some...

I wonder if the deal goes through if Whelan does the opposite of what the Smoggies did with Downing and insists on a big sell on clause as part of N'Zogbia deal?

I wonder if the deal goes through if Whelan does the opposite of what the Smoggies did with Downing and insists on a big sell on clause as part of N'Zogbia deal?

He would be mad not to put in a large sell on clause with our recent history!