SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Very clever - stops other clubs jumping in with more cash at the last minute.

Exactly!!..

And also explains why Leeds United, Watford FC and one or two other clubs IIRC have publically thanked Aston Villa for the way the signing of

one of their players has been conducted.

Explain "goes wrong"

A player fails a medical or doesn't agree terms, for example.

Then the money is refunded surely - yes the board have made mistakes, but they're not THAT stupid.

Think it as a guarantee of exclusivity - we credit the money to your account. You bank the interest now. Only we get the right to talk to the player whilst you have our money. Deal goes belly up, we get the cash sum back, you keep the interest, deal goes through, consider yourselves already paid.

However Gazton who is a little shall we say ITK posted that in Bent's case £5M of the £10M was NON Refundable... so even if Bent had failed

medical or the deal had fallen through SAFC would have been £5M better off. No wonder they couldn't resist accepting the bid and letting

him talk to us.

If Julie is correct....then it wouldn't be surely.

Explain "goes wrong"

Then the money is refunded surely - yes the board have made mistakes, but they're not THAT stupid.

Think it as a guarantee of exclusivity - we credit the money to your account. You bank the interest now. Only we get the right to talk to the player whilst you have our money. Deal goes belly up, we get the cash sum back, you keep the interest, deal goes through, consider yourselves already paid.

That wasn't the way it was put forward in Julie's post:

However Gazton who is a little shall we say ITK posted that in Bent's case £5M of the £10M was NON Refundable... so even if Bent had failed

medical or the deal had fallen through SAFC would have been £5M better off.

If we can get Nzogbia, and only Nzogbia in to replace Young & Downing, then maybe we might see a return of the 41212 formation that saw us destroy Small Heath 5-1, perhaps Mcleish was taking notes on the day :winkold:.

I hadn't heard that bit might I add - Gazton clarified that a few days ago.

If Gazton is correct then in Bent's case YES had the deal fallen through we would have been out of pocket to the tune of £5M

Not sure if a non refundable deposit is on offer with other deals, but such was our intent on signing Bent then in his case

Lerner was prepared to take the risk.

Plus it was a no brainer... I know for a fact Bent wanted to leave NE. He wasn't happy. Racist Newcastle fans didn't exactly make

him welcome and if you've ever been to Sunderland ...beleive me you'd rather spend time in Newcastle!

- - - - - - - Makoun - - - - - - -

- Albrighton - - - - - - - N'Zogbia -

- - - - - - - Ireland - - - - - - -

- - - - - Bent - - Gabby - - - - - -

Sexyyy.

Think that midfield would get ritually bummed each time it turned out. Would have to slide someone like Parker in alongside Makoun to make it work.

Sexyyy.

Think that midfield would get ritually bummed each time it turned out. Would have to slide someone like Parker in alongside Makoun to make it work.

You just mentioned bringing the 4-1-2-1-2 formation back so I gave you the formation. Now we will get bummed?

/facepalm

Explain "goes wrong"

medical or the deal had fallen through SAFC would have been £5M better off. No wonder they couldn't resist accepting the bid and letting

him talk to us.

I think this may be the exception rather than the rule.

Sexyyy.

You just mentioned bringing the 4-1-2-1-2 formation back so I gave you the formation. Now we will get bummed?

/facepalm

:lol: I realise this, and feel slightly guilty for bringing you to task over it.

But I'd see Nzogbia or Ireland at the head of the attack, Parker in the Petrov Role, Makoun in the Barry role and Delph in the NRC role.

i.e.

Parker

Delph Makoun

Nzogbia

Instead of:

- - - - - - Makoun - - - - - - -

Think:

- - - - - - - - - - - Given - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Young ---- Cuellar---Dunne/Collins---Warnock

- - - - Makoun - - - - - - - Parker- - - -

- Albrighton - - Ireland- - - -N'Zogbia -

- - - - - - - -Bent - - - - - - - -

FA/Carling Cup Final 2012

:hooray:

So do I. .....Like I said such was our intent on signing Bent.

Can you imagine what might have happened had we NOT signed him last January?!!!

In other deals I would surmise that on offer would be selling club would get any interest as someone mentioned and perhaps there is a small element of a % of the downpayment if the player failed the medical etc

As Lord Sugar would say... In business you have to be prepared to take a risk sometimes.

Apart from Newcastle pulling plug on Milner as I alluded too earlier I can't think of one single player that we ever lost out on that we've been publically linked with placing a bid since Randy Lerner took over?

As for N'Zogbia He's black and He apparently still has a flat in Newcastle...That was fine when he was a Barcode......

Can't see him signing for Sunderland somehow personally. The Toon Army will make his life a misery. They trashed Darren Bent's car more than once and racially abused his Mum too!

My son met Bent up at one of the bowling alley's in Newcastle before he joined us. Said he looked out of place and lonesome playing on the video games next to the bowling booths. He told me he'd heard the Toon army gave him hell cos he played for Sunderland.

That makes me go weak at the knees. Add a decent wing backup and maybe a left back if Warnock takes a huff again and you'd be talking top 6-8 for sure.

That makes me go weak at the knees.

I often have that effect on people.

I put down a "non refundable deposite" down on my house.

Basically i couldnt back out, but if the deal didnt go through for another reason i would have got my money back.

Id say if he failed a medical or didnt want to come Villa would have got their money back. Although not 100% sure how failing a medical goes as im sure its not really an either you pass or fail so would be difficult to judge.

Sure, rereading her post it was about Bent's 'deposit' being non-refundable and others may or may not be.

It shows good faith, I agree, not sure about the genius bit, though. :P