SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

We still need more depth.

If NZogbia gets injured, Ireland fails to find any form or Albirghton runs out of steam we are back struggling with Sunderland, Newcastle and Stoke for 10th place.

Even with NZogbia, Ireland and Albrigton at their best we will be struggling with Sunderland, Newcastle and Stoke for 10th place.

We are way too light weight at the moment.

We need a bit of grit, Parker or Barton and 2 decent fullbacks. Oh and Shay Given!

- - - - - - - - - - - Given - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Young ---- Cuellar---Dunne/Collins---Warnock

- - - - Makoun - - - - - - - Parker- - - -

- Albrighton - - Ireland- - - -N'Zogbia -

- - - - - - - -Bent - - - - - - - -

FA/Carling Cup Final 2012

:hooray:

That's how I see it based on likely transfer activity. Possibly rotate Makoun and Delph and be prepared to go 4-4-2 if needed with Ireland dropping out for Gabby.

If Ireland doesn't come good maybe wee Barry can do the attacking mid role?

That defence horrifies me

I honestly think the Centre Halves we have are sufficient especially if Clark continues to develop. In fairness to them they got little cover from the midfield and fullbacks last season and were left exposed because of that.

If we sign a quality DM and 2 decent fullbacks our defence will be solid.

If NZogbia gets injured, Ireland fails to find any form or Albirghton runs out of steam we are back struggling with Sunderland, Newcastle and Stoke for 10th place.

Even with NZogbia, Ireland and Albrigton at their best we will be struggling with Sunderland, Newcastle and Stoke for 10th place.

We need a bit of grit, Parker or Barton and 2 decent fullbacks. Oh and Shay Given!

Barton? Sub-human scum. No thanks. If he was as talented as Essien I still wouldn't have him, but you want an average player who is less well regarded than the shit on my shoes? Think again.

No I agree.

I was responding to the post a couple above mine that assumed we got Given and Parker as well as N'Zogbia.

Even will those we have no strenght outside the 1st 11.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :?

It does indeed, however I'd feel substantially more comfortable if we put Clark in there in place of Dunne/Collins.

20 million for Downing and N'Zogbia for 10 million is pretty good business if you ask me

Brilliant bit of business, i can see why some are still have a pop at the board over our transfer dealings thus far!?!?

it should be:

hutton---cuellar---dunne---young

The original defense was the same defense that was the best in the league next to Chelsea the season before last. It CAN work.

it should be:

The original defense was the same defense that was the best in the league next to Chelsea the season before last. It CAN work.

Dunne's lost a bit of his legs imo.

it should be:

21btzrd.gif

Why are people having a go at the defence mentioned ?

From what I can see, that is the defence that got us 6th place, to Wembley twice, and was the best (or was it 2nd best ?) defence in the leaugues 13 months ago.

The fact was, it was crap last season - who knows why, maybe it was the players, maybe it was Houllier, maybe it was a combination.

But if that defence gets back to how it was playing , and we have Bent sticking the ball away - I'll be bloody ecstatic.

Personally, I'd like to see Dann come in , and I'd like to see Dunne slowly replaced by Clark - I'd also like to see Warnock replaced with better

But the fact remains, if those players can get back their form - we will be in for a good season

Barton? Sub-human scum. No thanks. If he was as talented as Essien I still wouldn't have him, but you want an average player who is less well regarded than the shit on my shoes? Think again.

I understand that point of view. But he has abilty. We need someone of a smiliar vien on the pitch. Kayal (Celtic) would be another option.

20 million for Downing and N'Zogbia for 10 million is pretty good business if you ask me

Brilliant bit of business, i can see why some are still have a pop at the board over our transfer dealings thus far!?!?

Because "thus far" we have sold our two best midfilders, released our defencive mid and keeper and haven't bought anyone to replace those 4 players.

"Thus far" our transfer dealings have been shit for the team. A team which struggled to finish midtable last season I might add.

Because "thus far" we have sold our two best midfilders, released our defencive mid and keeper and haven't bought anyone to replace those 4 players.

"Thus far" our transfer dealings have been shit for the team. A team which struggled to finish midtable last season I might add.

Thus far, we have replaced our goalkeeper with one of equal or better quality depending on your own opinion (mine is that he is better than Brad) Also thus far, we are about to sign a player of equal or better abaility depending on your own opinion, than Stewart Downing whilst at the same time pocketing £10m.

We havnt replaced Young i agree, but i think that AM is hoping Ireland will turn out to be that very replacement.

We have got a better deal here than Liverpool have.

Al in my own humble opinion.

SSN guy shown besides the Transfer window board.. saying rumoured IN is N'Zogbia, Given... but Parker & Dann are on the AVFC board as well!

Now THAT would be four great signings in my book!