SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Plus Newcastle don't have a £20m sale in the pipeline so unless the fat bloke is willing to bankroll a move, Zog won't be moving back to Scotland.

I do think we're getting slightly wrapped up in the highlight reel of other clubs' players though. N'Zogbia is class and the must-have replacement but I still don't think we'll get a 90 minutes out of him the way we got from Downing, nor will he do it over a whole season. We just know that WHEN he's on it, he'll really be on it.

Now just get him ITSOTP.

I think BOF might be on to something. Etherington as back up to left sided attacking options might be good.

Or maybe Johnson... Kranjcar on loan?

Oddly the best cross from the left hand side last season was surely Bannan's cross for Albrighton to score. What a pass!

Why couldn't we replace Young when we sold him?

Maybe they dont want to play with 2 wingers and either Ireland or a.nother player has been earmarked as a replacement.

Why does it take Downing being sold to kickstart our transfer activity?

I dont think it has. i would say we have been working on the Given deal this week and hold up on that is likely to be Manchester end.

It looks more like we were happy to let Albrighton take Youngs spot and only needed to sign a winger once Downing was sold as well.

See above.

I think BOF might be on to something. Etherington as back up to left sided attacking options might be good.

Or maybe Johnson... Kranjcar on loan?

Oddly the best cross from the left hand side last season was surely Bannan's cross for Albrighton to score. What a pass!

Im sure Ethrington has played Fullback aswell???

So two positions covered?

because then as the guy said... Whelan knows he's not going to get a better offer from Liverpool possibly?

As he was hoping because they've spent wads on Downing.... Like I said Whelan would prefer to have NOT sold one of his stars to LFC but it's all about the money!!!

Yes but what about the second winger we will need now we have sold two?

Why couldn't we have gotten the first of those in after we sold Young?

It looks like we are buying N'Zogbia to replace both and asking Albrighton to fill in the gap on the other side of the pitch.

Who knows what happens when one is injured.

We need Parker in ASAP!!

Should remember though....we've got N'Zogbia - we have one hell of a potential pairing in Makoun & Zoggy if we can

get them playing to their best.

because then as the guy said... Whelan knows he's not going to get a better offer from Liverpool possibly?

As he was hoping because they've spent wads on Downing.... Like I said Whelan would prefer to have NOT sold one of his stars to LFC but it's all about the money!!!

Yes but what about the second winger we will need now we have sold two?

Why couldn't we have gotten the first of those in after we sold Young?

It looks like we are buying N'Zogbia to replace both and asking Albrighton to fill in the gap on the other side of the pitch.

Who knows what happens when one is injured.

We play 8-1-1, because that's all McLeish ever does, dontcha know. :yawn:

Dean Scoggins saying villa havant won the race yet!!! 1 more club in for him ... and will be in the sun 2moz :(

SunDeanScoggins Dean Scoggins

@

@Rick_avfc @MatKendrick not yet, there's another club in for him

12 minutes ago

The crack was Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Sunderland & Newcastle were ALL after N'Zogbia.

Once Downing deal was a done I hope RL slapped a large downpayment down on CNZ to seal the deal before Wigan found out that Downing fee had been agreed.