SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Hang on, what's so wrong about hashtags anyway? At least it makes it clear that it's just a tweet. Leave 'em in I say.

From what she said, it wasn't a tweet. It was her comment on things with the hashtag, &c. for stylistic effect.

So: a withdrawal of his labour based upon a genuine grievance or a tantrum designed to indicate that he, as the player, has the power?

He's not a happy bunny because apparently Wigan told him he could leave if an offer came in for £9M.

Thanks, I've read the supposition in this thread about what his contract apparently contains and what his agent apparently said and what Mr Whelan apparently thinks.

None of us know what those details actually are or who is bullshitting whom.

Here's a thing, though: a large amount of the fanbase (or at least those who decide to rock on to VT) were pretty pissed off with the attitude of players on the Villa books last season when they appeared that they were unwilling to go along with the management. It didn't appear to matter much whether they had a genuine grievance or not. What mattered was whether the player wanted to play for Villa and if the player didn't then they could '**** off'.

Here is a player who is apparently going on strike to engineer a move away from a club that he doesn't want to be at which sounds similar - though I haven't followed the career of N'Zogbia that closely so it may have been different - to something during his stint at his club before that.

He may be a cracking player and he may be a solution for one of our gaps but, if the annoyance displayed by fans is more than just about being spurned, I do wonder whether he's our (correct) solution.

Coming in for a fair bit of stick tonight, eh Julie ;) Lay off folks, I know its transfer window silly season but lets not go completely Radio Rental.

Water off a ducks back.

Couldn't give a monkies TBH. Some people are so blinded they don't even read what has been posted half the time!

Ok Julie,I'm not having a dig at you personally but I'm bored of reading constant...this was just tweeted by such and such...

For example everyone was pissing their pants when some so calked Villa insider claimed Moyes was a certain for the villa job and we all know what happened there!

We now have Nzogbia stories and the truth is no one knows apart from the club,player and his agent. It is all just speculation yet someone tweets it some people take it as fact yet if it was in a daily rag it would be dismissed as bollocks.

And that article you linked too,I won't apologise TS is not classed as a credible source on here and not a quote in sight just some journo's opinion.

Do you know what? If you dont like it, dont read it.

The first part of the thread title states........SPECULATION so if Julie has heard or seen something that might give us a clue then good on her.

I love reading Julies, Gazton and The Trees posts and interpret them as I see fit. If you think that they are BS then fine, but dont slate people for being willing to dig and post information they come across.

It was me that said that these are only rumours off twitter about fee being agreed, so exercise CAUTION!

There's a guy jumping up and down saying he's heard Milner's coming back on loan. Have you seen any of

us post about it?

Do not lambast people about Moyes .We've discussed this before....Merely ask yourselves if Lerner approached Wigan to speak to Martinez, why wouldn't he approach Blues for McLeish in the same manner if he'd been No 1 choice? It's all about timing and when one door won't open properly, when another opens wide....sometimes you walk through it, even if it's not the door you wanted to go through originally?

I think all of us try and be fairly selective on the choice of tweets in case it reflects back on us and we'd much rather any info was backed up by "off twitter" sources. It's also fun playing the detective and trying to

piece everything together.

I do hear things sometimes but again I do take things with a pinch of salt.

Unfortunately depressingly enough it's normally the not so nice news I hear, about so and so being off somewhere, which half the time I don't want to beleive myself.

Do I personally think N'Zogbia will end up at Villa? Yes I do.

Vital Wigan have also posted about a supposed agreement being reached as well this morning. Mirror I think are claiming this as well.

Although Mat Kendrick, B'Ham Mail reckons Villa made ONE bid of £9M originally nothing since...so this would be a second bid, not a third.

Third Time Lucky For Villa With N'Zogbia Bid

Aston Villa are set to table their third offer for Wigan Athletic man Charles N'Zogbia after the Latics rejected a £9 million bid earlier this week.

Alex McLeish is desperate to land the France international and it is understood that the clubs have been negotiating over the past couple of days to get the fee thrashed out, though they weren't a million miles apart at the beginning of the week it looks like it will be third time lucky for Villa.

With N'Zogbia leaving there should be a few incomings at the DW Stadium with Latics owner Dave Whelan promising boss Roberto Martinez that he can have the full amount of the fee to fund his transfer targets.

Vital Wigan

I do hear things sometimes but again I do take things with a pinch of salt.

Unfortunately depressingly enough it's normally the not so nice news I hear

To be fair Julie most news coming out of Villa at the mo is depressing?

Do not lambast people about Moyes .We've discussed this before....Merely ask yourselves if Lerner approached Wigan to speak to Martinez, why wouldn't he approach Blues for McLeish in the same manner if he'd been No 1 choice? It's all about timing and when one door won't open properly, when another opens wide....sometimes you walk through it, even if it's not the door you wanted to go through originally?

Especially when there is a big pile of pooh on the other side??

Keep posting Julie, like you I think the Zog will be signed by us but it is just usual for Villa to make things more difficult than they need to be?

I love reading Julies, Gazton and The Trees posts and interpret them as I see fit. If you think that they are BS then fine, but dont slate people for being willing to dig and post information they come across.

Sorry if it's been said but surely there's an obvious link in making Heskey part of this deal?! It would be perfect for us, £9m plus Heskey means we get the wage bill down a bit, lose some dead wood and they get a player they like.

Sorry if it's been said but surely there's an obvious link in making Heskey part of this deal?! It would be perfect for us, £9m plus Heskey means we get the wage bill down a bit, lose some dead wood and they get a player they like.

I think Heskeys wages (at over £50k pw) would be prohibitive for Wigan.

This is becoming a joke over £1mil ....

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has warned Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish against playing a waiting game for Charles N’Zogbia and admitted he “can’t understand” why their Premier League rivals are refusing to match his £10 million asking price.

DON'T MISS

Martinez happy to keep N'Zogbia at WiganWhelan: Wigan have to sell N'Zogbia

Villa line up N'Zogbia to replace DowningEverton to make £9m N'Zogbia bid - report

In an exclusive interview with Goal.com, sports retail tycoon Whelan has told McLeish to forget about signing N’Zogbia for anything less than £10m this summer even though he accepted a £9m bid from Birmingham for the player when the Scot was in charge at St Andrew’s last year.

A defiant Whelan is refusing to budge over prized asset N’Zogbia amid reports that the former Newcastle player will go on strike and refuse to train in an effort to force through a move away from the DW Stadium as the transfer saga took another twist.

McLeish has earmarked N’Zogbia as the replacement for Stewart Downing following his £20m move to Liverpool but in the light of that business Whelan insisted that buying his player for half that price would amount to “stealing”.

Whelan told Goal.com: “Aston Villa are still offering nine million and I want 10 million. They offered nine and I said 'no thanks, you will have to make it 10 and then you can talk to him'. Other clubs are interested so there is no way I will be going down to nine million.

“We said 10 million and I am not going to let him go for a penny less. They have got £20m for Downing and they would be stealing N’Zogbia for 10 million. Stealing him. He is the best wide player in the Premier League without question so I can’t understand what they are doing.

“Last year we accepted nine million from Birmingham when Alex McLeish was their manager very late on in the summer transfer window and he thinks he is going to do the same again this time around, but he isn’t.”

North-east rivals Sunderland and Newcastle, as well as Everton, have been linked with the former Le Havre player who is out of contract at the end of next season but Whelan revealed that neither have tabled bids for the 25-year-old French international.

Whelan continued: “Lots of clubs will be interested but all I look at is who is offering money and who has put a bid in and Sunderland as yet have not put a bid in. I do not know whether Newcastle are interested or not because they have not put an offer in.

“I would like to extend his contract so he would stay at Wigan because I rate him so highly but I don’t think he will stay. However, we will have to wait and see.”